Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Love and Peace forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Love and Peace forum
    Posted: 31-Aug-2004 at 15:46
There's been a lot of nationalism flying around here, I think that it would be good if there was a friendship thread...let's all name something that we like from CHina, Japan, and KOrea

China:  Shumai and Chowmein, how could I live without them?
Japan:  Playstation and Nintendo...nuf said
Korea:  I'm Korean soo....
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 03:22
One word for all three places, plus Taiwan: FOOD!!!
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 19:06
I guess me and Hansouix are the only ones supporting love and peace....
Vietnam: Pho
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 19:07

I love Thai food and filipino food....

Sinigang stew.... so simple, yet yam....

Begging plea of the weak can only receive disrespect, violence and oppression as bestowments. Blood and sweat of the weak can only receive insult, blame and abuse as rewards.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 19:11
I actually have a soft spot for Samoan cusine...mmm roast pig, cooked sweet potatoes, and other unidentifiable savory tidbits.
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 19:19
i love good sweet potatos with rice.... a classic Taiwan dish, either watery or no, it is simple, and yum XD
Begging plea of the weak can only receive disrespect, violence and oppression as bestowments. Blood and sweat of the weak can only receive insult, blame and abuse as rewards.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 19:49
"either watery or no," Were you speaking of yams?
in that case i like mine dry.
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 20:28
I actually perfer them baked.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 20:45

Hey all,

China: the girls.  Particularly Shanghainese.  Especially when they speak English with an accent.

Taiwan: I grew up playing Taiwanese computer games actually.  Don't like them anymore.  Taiwanese pop music is, well, different.  Has a blues / country feel to it, and that I like (I don't like American country, like Toby Keith stuff.  But Taiwanese country is totally different.)  Oh, the girls.  I dated one.

Japan: not really big on Japanese games.  grew up watching older anime, like knights of the zodiac, though didn't like dragon balls.  don't like anime that much anymore, but Crayon Shinchan and GTO are still cool.  I'll have to go with the girls on this one again.

Korea: Gomtang and kimchi are very soothing foods, almost therapuetic.  We Cantos eat a lot of barbeque and soup, so pretty similar, but Canto and Koeran are two very different spin on the Yin and Yang concept of food.  Oh yeah, the girls.

Let's not forget Hong Kong: um, I'm not sure.  Having lived there makes this a bias selection, like convenient transportation, bustling night life.  Well, the girls.

Peace,

Michael

9-1-2004

Edited by MengTzu
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 22:02
I like my girls south east asian ... XD perferablly thai or austronesian.... Chinese, Japanese and coreans girls just don't appeal to me very much.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 22:12
East Asian girls are either too conservative or to much the stereotype that hides behind a fan as she giggles at something stupid...I prefer North Indian spicy godessess though really all peropple apeal to me in their own ways.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 22:32

Hey all,

All, giggle behind the fan.  Man, I think of all people Asians are the most willing to play into stereotypes.  They pretty much accept their stereotypes consciously.  We're all supposed to act like the Asians that the world sees us as: conservative, quiet, submissive, study all the time not knowing that education is only a part of what you need to succeed in life.

Peace,

Michael

9-1-2004

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 22:34
No, Jews by far the poeple in the world most enslaved to stereotypes.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
YanWang View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote YanWang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 22:48

China: ALL. especially our olympic champions. Guo Jingjing

Taiwan province: FOOD, taiwan soybean milk. . pop music, computer parts, mainboard,

Korean: FOOD..Sumsung,hyundai, Palaces, Temples, Confucian traditions of chothing and ceremonies, which Han Chinese people lost during the qing time. and girls :>, better find one from Choson to be my wife(seriously). . they are beautiful.

Japan: FOOD. Cars. AV

:>

What is Your Question Again?
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 02:25
Originally posted by YanWang

Taiwan province: FOOD, taiwan soybean milk. . pop music, computer parts, mainboard,

Because this is the love and peace thread.  I won't give you any crap there.  But you know why you did it.  If doing so makes you feel satisfied.  I take serious pitty on you.

Edited by hansioux

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 02:32

Hey Hansioux,

What did he do?

Peace,

Michael

9-2-2004

hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 02:46

To MengTzu,

That's ok, this is the peace, love thread.  He knows what he did.

Edited by hansioux

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 02:58

Hey Hansioux,

I'm so darn curious.  PM me.

Peace,

Michael

9-2-2004

YanWang View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote YanWang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 11:34
Originally posted by hansioux

Originally posted by YanWang

Because this is the love and peace thread.  I won't give you any crap there.  But you know why you did it.  If doing so makes you feel satisfied.  I take serious pitty on you.

Good, we can not love all people  at all. :>

What is Your Question Again?
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 13:44

Food For all.

Grrr..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>