Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Love and Peace forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Love and Peace forum
    Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 14:10

I have to say, Brazil is the most important nation in the world.

In fact I am wearing an Brazilian football jersey as I type.

If there's no Brazil, there goes 2/3 of the world's rain forrests.  And that... means death of all man kind.

Begging plea of the weak can only receive disrespect, violence and oppression as bestowments. Blood and sweat of the weak can only receive insult, blame and abuse as rewards.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
Bryan View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 17:36
Does it really mean the death of all mankind? I'm sorry, but I just have to question that.
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 17:39

Maybe not.... losing rain forrests and the ability for the earth to maintain the current temperature could be dissaster, but i guess really rich people can build a under ground nuclear power plant to support heat and energy for food.

Begging plea of the weak can only receive disrespect, violence and oppression as bestowments. Blood and sweat of the weak can only receive insult, blame and abuse as rewards.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 20:25
I dont think there would be an immeidate lack of oxygen, however soil erosion would definately be really high.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
I/eye View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote I/eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 21:52
back on topic, food for all!
[URL=http://imageshack.us]
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 21:59

Good, we can not love all people  at all. :>

Thus the human mindset.......isn't it wonderful.

Oh and BTW food.................mmmmmmmmmmm..........General TeeSoes Chicken.................

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 00:40
May love and peace live on!  Anyone watch the Japanese show Trick?
TMPikachu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote TMPikachu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 00:51

China: Korea and Japan would not exist without China. Not to mention inventing explosive powder, printing press, civilization, and arrogance.

Japan: Manga and anime.

Korea: Cheap animation for Japanese anime. Scapegoat of East Asia.

*thought came to my head: double eyelid surgeory. 50% of East asians are born with double eyelids. Unfortunately for the Koreans, only 25% of them have it. I got no idea why that is.

Edited by TMPikachu
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 01:48
Oh boy, with what TMPikachu just wrote, I smell a battle coming.
TMPikachu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote TMPikachu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 09:43

To be fair, Japan would not exist without the intrepid Koreans crossing the seas and settling amongst the Ainu.

babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 09:50
Originally posted by TMPikachu

To be fair, Japan would not exist without the intrepid Koreans crossing the seas and settling amongst the Ainu.

no...to be fair you'd have to go like this: Japan and Korea would still exist with or without China...except it's gonna be very different. Is it better with or without China? that depends on what you wanna believe really.

TMPikachu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote TMPikachu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 09:57
Originally posted by babyblue

Originally posted by TMPikachu

no...to be fair you'd have to go like this: Japan and Korea would still exist with or without China...except it's gonna be very different. Is it better with or without China? that depends on what you wanna believe really.

Being very different is what I kinda meant by 'exist'. They wouldn't exist in their present state. Those countries all have entwined histories anyways.

Sorry if my comment offended. It's kind of why I put China 'inventing arrogance' If a country could talk, it seemed like the kind of thing China would say even if it was trying to be nice.

TMPikachu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote TMPikachu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 09:59
Originally posted by hansioux

If there's no Brazil, there goes 2/3 of the world's rain forrests.  And that... means death of all man kind.

Brazil also gave the world the Gracie family and Wanderle Silva!

and hot brazillian supermodels. And we would be better off dead without hot brazillian supermodels.

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 15:17
Originally posted by hansioux

Brazil is important because it has the hottest women in the world!!!

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 15:35
lolz....  I never knew Brazil was part of Asia
Grrr..
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 15:39
Well it is now!  Since you live in Brazil, and you are asian, you have connections to some asian country, so therefore, since you are asian, so must the country you live in!
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 20:17
What would happen when the rain forrest is gone is that we'll lose about 50% of earth's natural ability to absorb CO2.  The result doesn't not bold well for the animal called humans.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 23:16
You also have to take into account the loggers too...Granted deforestation is a bad thing, but the Loggers basically have no other way to support themselves or their families...it's really a dilema.
ianhughes View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ianhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2004 at 07:59

Heh, let me say this is a much less "confrontation, arrogant and demeaning" board than say the AsiaFinest board. Damn there are just too many flame wars in that.

Btw, no offence, but every Korean (well apparently anyway seen as they claim to be Korean) seem to be somewhat very sensitive and patriotic, much more than the Chinese and Japanese. I've seen them defend EVERYTHING that is anti Korean or somewhat critical of Korea, like issues on plastic surgery, dog eating etc. OTH, they do seem to get over the top with claims that Korean achievements are somewhat unprecedented and THAT great. I'm supportive or national pride, but I've always found Koreans whether in real life or on the web postings to be a tad too patriotic and somewhat arrogant?? Btw, I have no beef towards Koreans in general.

Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2004 at 08:32
Hehe...there's a more recent love and peace forum....the beef here seems not to be with koreans but between mainland Chinese and Taiwanese...welcome to AE!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>