Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your opinion about the USA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Poll Question: What comes to mind when you hear United States?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [14.81%]
5 [18.52%]
1 [3.70%]
15 [55.56%]
2 [7.41%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
the_ancient_lunatic View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote the_ancient_lunatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your opinion about the USA
    Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 14:26
Nice place to live....the pres has gotta go....
...jag lskar mina svrd...
Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 14:35
The pres has got to stay.  Too bad he can't run again because now you can clearly see another Clinton in the office very soon.
Winterhaze13 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Winterhaze13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 15:02
As a Canadian, I like Americans. They seem not unlike anyone else. HOWEVER, it is currently being run by the wrong people. America please impeach colonel nutbar!!
Indeed, history is nothing more than a tableau of crimes and misfortunes.

-- Voltaire
French author, humanist, rationalist, & satirist (1694 - 1778)
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 15:05
Why do you guys hate Bush so much.  I want to see who does.  Maybe a poll is in order.
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Winterhaze13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 15:17

Originally posted by Thegeneral

Why do you guys hate Bush so much.  I want to see who does.  Maybe a poll is in order.

He is the worst president in American history. The worst mass murder on American soil since Pearl Harbor happened under his watch, he lauched two unjustified wars that killed thousands of people, he now has America in the worst military quagmire in history, he's alinated almost all of America's allies and has severely harmed America's image in the world, he engineered the worst economic recession in history, then he engineered the worst recovery in history. American's don't feel any safer and now their rights have suffered. What are this man's accomplishments? And worst still, he was elected and again re-elected.

I think that is all.  

P.S. He is the worst public speaker and has the brain capacity of a dwarf.

Edited by Winterhaze13

-- Voltaire
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 16:20

How can you say what Americans feel.  We feel perfectly safe.

The wars were hardly unjustified.  They are to eliminate terrorists which they have done, I might add.  He has done a great job getting the economy back in some of the hardest times, but we have not hit to where we were as bad as the Great Depression and it is only rising now.  He has accomplished many things.  Not many presidents would risk going in to Iraq of Afganhistan.  And we still have allies.  We have more than 40 helping us in Afganhistan and 30 in Iraq.  Please look into the babble you are spewing before you post it!

And I lovce how you think Pearl Harbor happened under Bush's watch.

And why do you think he has the brain of a drawf?

Colonel
Colonel

Quote Winterhaze13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 16:32

The wars were hardly unjustified.  They are to eliminate terrorists which they have done, I might add.  He has done a great job getting the economy back in some of the hardest times, but we have not hit to where we were as bad as the Great Depression and it is only rising now.  He has accomplished many things.  Not many presidents would risk going in to Iraq of Afganhistan.  And we still have allies.  We have more than 40 helping us in Afganhistan and 30 in Iraq.  Please look into the babble you are spewing before you post it!

"How can you say what Americans feel.  We feel perfectly safe."

Really, then explain to me why the U.S. is spending 450 billion on their military and trying to develop that anti-missile shield.

"The wars were hardly unjustified.  They are to eliminate terrorists which they have done, I might add."

See London attacks. And just this week 150 people died in terrorist attacks in Iraq in a single day. Read the newspaper.

"And we still have allies."

Britain and ????

"And I lovce how you think Pearl Harbor happened under Bush's watch."

I said that september 11 was the worst mass murder on American soil since Pearl Harbor you idiot.

"And why do you think he has the brain of a drawf?"

He's from Texas, isn't he?

Yeah, I'm a political science major in university so I think I know more then you about politics. Trying to argue with me will only make you look foolish.

Edited by Winterhaze13

-- Voltaire
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 16:53
So, you had to go to school to learn politics?  That's ok, we have have disabilities.  and if you think anything you said made sense, you are the idiot.
mord View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote mord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 17:01

I don't think Mr. Bush or his administration is stupid.  I think they are ideologs who are interested in making the ideas of what is right (pardon the pun, folks) part of the mainstream--an elitism of culture.   But that is not my objection to Bush and his allies; ideology is the great sport of America.  What we lack in culture we make up for in political squabbling.

But before I begin, a small complaint, TheGeneral.  You do not speak for me, so please do not presume to do so.  Considering the fact that I and other people here in Philadelphia often take the train to work, a feeling of safety is somewhat lacking.   Haven't you read the news, lately?

My problems with the Bush Administration are following:

He invaded a nation under false pretenses.  Yes, Saddam Hussein was a mass-murdering dictator, but then, as far as we know, so is the Kim Il Jung, the president-for-life of North Korea.  Yet, the real problem of the Iraq War was it drains money, resources, and most importantly people from the very real violence of terrorism.  If we are the only Super-Power (let's discuss that with China), don't we have a responsibility to the rest of the Planet?  Terrorism is a global threat and it will take the combined efforts of this world to deal with it.  Why do you think our International reputation stinks?

Speaking of stinking, there's the economy. Quote all the statistics you want, but working has become a matter of competting just to keep a job, nevermind getting a promotion; fear of failure, job loss, bankruptcy and homelessness is pervasive among my friends.  In the meantime, our patriotic duty is to buy the next high horse-power gas-guzzling SUV with an X-radio, an X-box, and an Ex-wife or husband.  Bush can blame Clinton all he likes, but since he's been in office 4 and half years he really ought to take some of the blame himself.

Finally, there's the whole American-Christian-Flag-Waving-Jinkgoistic load of bovine goo.  Heaven forbid you should disagree with God's chosen representative here on Earth (George even has the whole prodigal son bit to depend upon), because I guarentee you and your family will malinged and property damaged.  Two days ago a neighbor of mine had his car egged (raw eggs thrown at it) because of his politics--in this heat the eggs rotted overnight and he spent the day cleaning up the mess.  This is politics? This is acceptable?

Gotta go...

Mord.

errr...left turn at vinland?
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 17:38

I'm sorry for speaking for all Americans, but you must admit, since 9/11, we, or atleast I and the marjoity of America, fell much safer.

Our international reputation always stinks.  It always has and it probally always will unless we ge some spinless jellyfish in office who submits to 'old' Europe and the UN.

I don't know about you, but here, the economy is booming.  Sorry about your situation.

Good day!

mord View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote mord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 20:38

Actually, after 9/11 I felt a lot less safe.  Tell me, do you live in a city? Guy, let me tell ya...Manhattan is 1 to 2 hour train ride away (depending on where you want to be), and there's a major oil refinery or two around here in Philadelphia.  Then there's the old Navy Base.  Then there's mass transit--local and regional, and their connections to a bunch of major airports.  The possbilities for terrorism are pretty big.  No, I don't feel safer with the Bush Administration on the job.

As for the International (which is to say the rest of the planet) opinion of the US, we had most of the world's sympathy after 9/11.  The Bush Administration abused and ignored that sympathy to the point I would fear for my safety if I went abroad (btw, have you?).

As for the economy, ask yourself this about your job.  How much of your pay is taxed? How much goes to the rising cost of health insurance? How much goes to Social Security? How much goes to into your pension fund? Do you even have those benefits, because that is the real economy.  Economics is not just a matter of being paid and buying stuff, but  a matter of having a life.  Sorry to say this, but in our capitalist run, greed is good culture of cash, life costs money.  I have a job so I can have a life. My job isn't my life; my job funds my house, my car, my and my wife's health insurance, etc...  Such things of your life are economics--not just a job with which you earn money to consume whatever.

Mord.

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 21:34

We in the cities on the coasts dont want anymore loss of civil liberties and we are about 500% more likely to be hit by a terrorist attack, yet its all the people inthe boonies that whine and scream and cry for saftey.  The people of New York are far more brave and resolute in teh face of terror than the cowards of rural and suburban areas. 

And how can one feel safe when ones own government outs the names of its own secret agents for small political gain?

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 22:54
currently us Americans have become a nation of cowards unlike any other nation in history
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
Vamun Tianshu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2005 at 03:47
Originally posted by Tobodai

The people of New York are far more brave and resolute in teh face of terror than the cowards of rural and suburban areas. 

Hey,be quiet you City boy.I may have been born in the city,but I was raised in a rural community,where people help eachother out,unlike the city where most go about their day thinking they're better or braver than the rest of us.Why do you keep insulting the folk down here?Who says Cities are the only target?Well,i don't.Besides,Terrorists aren't the real issue to America.....the inside of America is,Americans are killed more by Americancs than Terrorists,thats what this country needs to learn.

Edited by Vamun Tianshu

In Honor
mord View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote mord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2005 at 08:09

Originally posted by vulkan02

currently us Americans have become a nation of cowards unlike any other nation in history

Would you mind explaining that statement, please? 

As much as I believe those Bush's  war is based upon false pretenses, those folks in the military actually fighting that war need all the bravery they can get.  I would not call those Americans cowards. 

I would not call the police in it's various forms cowards.  Or firemen, for that matter.  The list could probably go on.

Mord.

SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2005 at 11:32
Americans aren't cowards, everyone in this country were all for the war in Afghanistan and a whole lot of people joined the military to go find the terrorist there. It wasn't like that with the war in Iraq because people don't support it, the military keeps losing its recruiting goal every month because of lack of support.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
mord View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote mord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2005 at 14:09

So, you had to go to school to learn politics?  That's ok, we have have disabilities.  and if you think anything you said made sense, you are the idiot.

I find this statement insulting.  Here's why:

1. I think you insult anyone who wants any kind of education.  

2. The "idiot" remark explains just low you are willing to stoop.

Please apologize.  Thank you.

Mord. 

Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2005 at 15:21

"Why do you guys hate Bush so much.  I want to see who does.  Maybe a poll is in order."

I don't know if i hate him, but there is little to like about him.

"We feel perfectly safe."

Yes you must have felt safe when the system of colors was operating - yellow, orange, red. Oh no, wasn't that a nice piece of propaganda to get the support for the war from the less intelligent parts of the country. Your  president made you fear a ghost threat. Hope it is different now.

"The wars were hardly unjustified."

No country attacked you, you attacked an innocent country(Afghanistan) that had done nothing to you, as simple as that. What is your excuse - that the terrorists were hiding there, so what? The Soviet Union had defectors and people who they could just as well have called terrorists, and therefore could have attacked a dozen countries under those circumstances that you believe in. History is filled with such situations. No international laws (acctually useful international law this is) for you, you call yourself a democrat i believe.

"They are to eliminate terrorists which they have done, I might add."

While your recruiting offices are getting emptier, the terrorists have to build a dozen more just to keep up with the new desperate, mostly uneducated radicals urging for kills. Can't really say if there a terrorist less, or an entire legion more in the Middle East after the invasions.

"Not many presidents would risk going in to Iraq of Afganhistan."

Logical, and extremely sensible for the other presidents.

"And we still have allies.  We have more than 40 helping us in Afganhistan and 30 in Iraq."

Statistics, you trust too much good statistics. How many of them really want to be your ally, or their people, few, few.

"And why do you think he has the brain of a drawf?"

When he was in the kindergarden for lobbying or something of the sort, and the teacher there was reading to the children, Bush was also following the text from the same book. Only thing is that his book was upside down, but he still managed to read it somehow, without needing to turn it around after gazing at it.

Perhaps he is a genius instead....??... hahaaa, just kidding.

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2005 at 17:04

Kalevipoeg Afghanistan was very justified, I find it funny how you call them innocent when the Taliban can be said to be worse then Saddam. They actually supported Al Qaida unlike Saddam did, and not only supported them but aloud them to thrive and fund their operations.

While I respect everything else you said up there and agree I have a preidents with peanuts for brains, you can't say the war in Iraq wasn't justified. We went out to fight those who actually supported terrorist, and we veared away from that with Iraq and thats no excuse to say the other war wasn't justified. No one in the world called foul play on Afghanistan until we went to Iraq....

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2005 at 18:09

Yes, you are quite probably, well acctually, very very right about Afghanistan. I respond very quickly to some things with sentences, or more in the lines of thoughts, that are invalid, and i regrettably start thinking about them only after i am already corrected, like here for example. My bad.

But now i can't agree with Iraq being justified. Iraq didn't officially attack you, supporting the terrorists is their political decision to make, and if they shot with rifles into the air to praise Allah, and that being their new death-loving Allah, for the dead Americans does not excuse an attack on the country and its sovreignity. Even if some of the attackers were Iraqi by nationality it doesn't make the country at fault.

And if Iraq was harbouring those terrorists that had planned the attack against USA from higher above then those sheep in the planes then extratition would have been the correct political move. If i understand the international law (which i very poorly do, just logical democratic conclusions which don't have to be right on my side) then military action against a nation the harbours terrorists isn't the right choice. Russia harbours dozens of communist war criminals, Estonian war criminals are being harboured all around the Globe, Lithuania even has some on their own soil. The ex-Soviet criminals are terrorists to us, but we would be the agressors if we attacked Russia tomorrow. Israel would be the aggressor if it attacked Lithuania, or the countries where Estonian nazi war criminals are comfortabely living. You have the same types of people living in Iraq, what gave you the right to attack that country without any condemnation

Only if Saddam had a treaty with Al-Qaeda to co-operatively attack you, would it have been an excuse to take him down. Did he have such a deal, i precisely don't know acctually, but i also have never heard of it, so in my eyes i do not know of its existance.

Until any such data, the attack on Iraq will be translated by me, as grabbing the little that is left of worlds oil under American control, and gaining more foothold in that strategical area.

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>