Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your opinion about the USA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Poll Question: What comes to mind when you hear United States?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [14.81%]
5 [18.52%]
1 [3.70%]
15 [55.56%]
2 [7.41%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
mord View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your opinion about the USA
    Posted: 07-Jul-2005 at 21:22

Simply because a person is better or worse than yourself does not excuse you from having to be concerned about that person.  This idea may sound overly simple and idealistic.  But when you give up your ideals--then what you got left?  On the whole I've found people have strengths and weaknesses.  The real quesiton is whether they've discovered thier strengths and how such talents are used.  This question, the purpose of someone's talent, is ethical problem I am trying to solve.

Sorry to be so personal about this, folks.

Mord.  

errr...left turn at vinland?
Sultan View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Sultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2005 at 15:32

Native Americans , Japan , Vitenam And Many More.

America Is Just Like Russia , China And The So Called English.

Turkistan is a door to two worlds,
Turkistan is a cradle of the Turks,
Living in beautiful Turkistan
Is Tengri's blessing to the Turks.

FREEDOM FOR EASTERN TURKISTAN
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2005 at 18:41

Many american people are really ignorant and they just dont care about other places

The folks there are much more sincere than their counterparts in Europe

Every nation has to act according to their interests but USA shall change the way she does it.

So as we are all human, we wouldnt have personal hate against american people but I cant say I really admire their so great so wise president and his super-duper neo-cons

We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2005 at 23:06
most people in America from what i have seen... even though they might have a good house, job and even family ... are broken inside.  This is so because "freedom" here consists of just getting a job and the majority of the jobs are unfullfiling requiring no thinking or creativity whatsoever.
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2005 at 09:29
Originally posted by Sultan

... And The So Called English.

Why 'So Called' English? You mean we should be called something else? Why?

mord View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote mord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2005 at 09:49

Originally posted by vulkan02

most people in America from what i have seen... even though they might have a good house, job and even family ... are broken inside.  This is so because "freedom" here consists of just getting a job and the majority of the jobs are unfullfiling requiring no thinking or creativity whatsoever.

An interesting point. I would however point out that lots of Americans worry more about keeping their job, their house, and their family.  I have too many friends who have had to get a new job or jobs every so often. One friend held four jobs in five years. 

But do not only the economy for American's problems.  I think Americans aren't so much "broken" as something else.  I also think making general and blanket statements is a dangerous business.  The possibility of exceptions and outright mistakes is too great.  Having made such a statement, I think the root of American's confusion is a contradiciton: The USA is an empire, but we don't wish to admit it; there are responsibilies along with empire, but we don't wish to embrace them; these responsibilities require a different, more open set of ethics, but we can not put voice to what those ethics are. 

So we are confused.  Do not think that Americans are ignorant, we have information coming at us from the news media (in its various forms) almost from the time we get up in the morning to when we all go bed.  Information isn't the problem: deciding what part of that mass of information is useful is.  If knowledge is power, then what makes up knowledge? 

Mord.

Vamun Tianshu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2005 at 04:06

Haha,*rubs hands together*,finally,a topic worthy of my presence,earlier when I was active I was known to make some good points and instantly end topics because I was so good at making people thinkNot that I'll be able to do it here,there are many intelligent points and people in this topic,all stating their own opinion about America,from all over.I feel that if we are going to be Humans,then we certainly are acting like humans.I'm an American,but I do care what others think about this country I was born in,because if you don't whats the use of this topic?Just a list of views and points from all over the world just rehashed into an abyss for all to see?Pure fodder.

America has been known to replace many democratic governments with Dictatorial ones,including Batista,a Dominican Dictator who ruled the country after the US coup overthrough the present democratically elected president in the Civil War of 1965(my father served,so I sould know)and many others.However,America has saved many other nations,even at great costs,coming from all sides of the war or disaster.Take the Tsunami,we gave Southeast Asia money,but what they needed was water,food,and care,not money!Any country should know this,people don't need money,they need food and water to survive,money can be destroyed by being ripped to pieces,I've done it many a time.

Another point I'd like to point is,I agree that the US is a International Dictatorship(sorry my fellow Americans),I mean it tells many countries what to do,it has overthrown many leaders that did not meet with its standards,and it is one of the only countries that can produce nuclears,I believe other countries have the right to defend themselves,only defend themselves,THe US should stay between those lines.

Another point,Terrorists.Terrorists aren't the problem to me.They aren't.They're specs compared to countrymen.Countrymen kill more of their own people than terrorists do.ANd I don't know why many of these so called "civilized" countries keep saying its Islamic Extremists?Why?WHY?!Those countries should stop with saying its always Muslims,thats making the religion seem bad,and where I live,there are many a time a Muslim is being picked on,I makes me feel bad.

Another point is,Americans are Americans.We are all unique and not braindead fools who watch sports and eat hot dogs while changing the channel with a remote.We're not.Those people who keep saying all Americans are ignorant are fools.They're the ignorant ones.Another thing,stop bringing movies and tv into this discussion,movies are purely entertainment mediums meant to entertain us,not change our philosophy of things.THose who do take into the media are weak-minded and cannot think for themselves.

Another point,All of you saying that America has caused many lives to be lost,are you forgetting Stalin?Hitler?Bush doesn't even come .01 percent to their terror,Stalin killed more than Hitler did anyway.I can think of two times America has done things to cause genocide and disruption in freedom,Killing off the Native Americans,keeping the Africans as slaves,and torturing them to their will,and of course,taking territory that is not ours...But the Spanish did it,the Portugese did it,the British did it,and many other western powers did it,and Asian Powers(The Mongols,the Japanese,the Ottoman,etc)but all those mentioned about America were only done by Caucasian Americans(don't take that as offense please),and we have changed,now we have many more people,of all different cultures.I'm hispanic,my family moved here from Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico,I know much about my past,I'm not ignorant.

People who hate this country,especially Europeans because they make up the vast majority of immigrants,are hating their own people for coming trying to live a new life.Evn if the new life isn't glamorous,its probably a step ahead from their past lives.Africans make up about 13% of the population,and Hispanics 14%,and Asians about 3-5%,so hate your own people if you want.Anglo-European make up about 68% and Latin European make up about 10 or more percent.This is acountry of people,whether you like it or not.

Believe me,I don't hate any country in this world,or its people,because all 6 billion of us Human Beings are all different in many ways,and I'm not saying by country,or ethnicity,or culturally,but mentally and in our way of thinking.Whether you like it or not,we're all humans,there are no race of humans,there is only one race like us,and its humans,cats are cats,dogs are dogs,Worms are worms,Eagles are eagles,sharks are sharks,humans are humans,and when an outside problem comes abroad on this good ol planet Earth,I must believe,and will believe,no matter what our differences,we must band together,and comabt this universal problem,whatever it may be.Those of you who hate us,I cannot understand why you hate all of us,and not one individual,we are all different inside,whether I'm hispanic,or someone is Arab(I have Arab in me) or some one is Chinese,or turkish or whatever,we're all humans,and thats what matters.

In Honor
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2005 at 12:21

Take the Tsunami,we gave Southeast Asia money,but what they needed was water,food,and care,not money!Any country should know this,people don't need money,they need food and water to survive,money can be destroyed by being ripped to pieces,I've done it many a time.

I don't know if you just forgot to mention it or not. But America was the biggest supporter in giving food and water. And because of that many over their changed their views of America. Even in the M.East the military is giving clothing, food and water to the tribes there. While its good we are doing that, the main reason is to is to find information on terrorist where abouts. But the tribes don't like outsiders and its going to take awhile before they all start to cooperate, but who could blame them?

ANd I don't know why many of these so called "civilized" countries keep saying its Islamic Extremists?Why?WHY?!Those countries should stop with saying its always Muslims,thats making the religion seem bad,and where I live,there are many a time a Muslim is being picked on,I makes me feel bad.

One reason for this is that they are the most prominent terrorist right now. Stretching all around the known world. They have training camps in the Mid East, Africa, and South east asia. They hide in europe and now in america. And the one thing these hundreds of group, and thousands of militants have in common, is they believe they are doing the will of their god in Islam. So thats why right now we point out Muslim Extremist more then anyone, they are currently the most active.

About Americans being stressed out about jobs, it seems to be more where in America your in. The N.East where I'm from, New England, New York and New Jersey, is where people are known to always be on the go. Most fast food eaters come from here because its all we have time for. We don't take breaks at all and are the most stressed in the country.

But from what I'm told about the Central part of the US, the people are alittle more relaxed and enjoy life more. They don't work as much but make a good living. And from what I seen in the South, they are alot more family orientated then the North East, and seem alot more happy.

Does this mean its a mold of how everyone has to be in these parts, no far from it. But statistics say that North easterners are the most stressed in the country from constant work and no family time. And from expierences in the south, things seems more cheerful I guess you could say, never seen one in a bad mood down their.

But I still love New England and the North East more then any other part of the country, but thats just my opinion.

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2005 at 00:51
I live in a low income Neighborhood in the South,we manage.Most people have bikes and it rains alot,(three hurricanes and lots of thunderstorms).However,I was born in NY,but raised in the South,and its true we are more family oriented,lots of family love here,almost every house here has a large family and relatives visit everyday.

In Honor
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2005 at 19:14
We need more forumers to join the Hispanic History Forum!!!
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2005 at 04:44
I have made my position clear earlier on in the thread and there is no need to further elaborate on this.
But I thought it might be interesting to know what the North-Koreans think about the USA and their current president.

Current No. 1 in the North-Korean pop charts

Disclaimer:
May I point out that I posted this link for research purposes only and that the content of the video does not necessarily correspond with my opinions.
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
mord View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote mord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2005 at 09:58

Originally posted by Komnenos

I have made my position clear earlier on in the thread and there is no need to further elaborate on this.
But I thought it might be interesting to know what the North-Koreans think about the USA and their current president.

Current No. 1 in the North-Korean pop charts

Disclaimer:
May I point out that I posted this link for research purposes only and that the content of the video does not necessarily correspond with my opinions.

Well, it's fairly obvious what the North Korean propagandia apparatus (and so the North Korean government) thinks of the USA.  This is no surprise.  I find it hilarious that they complain about an Olympic gold medal being "stolen" from them.  You'd think they'd stick with calling us murderous.  It's also fairly obvious that they've got computerized "morphing" ability.  If they've got that, then they probably build reasonably accurate missle guidence system. 

Mord.

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2005 at 04:58
Why can't I vote in this poll?

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Why?

Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2005 at 05:18
Try logging in again!
The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2005 at 07:48
Nope. I tried but still the same.

I've voted in all other polls without problems. And the notice says clearly I can do everything but voting and creating new polls. Is this forum restricted to new users? Or is it a bug? Or a CIA sabotage? ... I wonder. 
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2005 at 11:14

Originally posted by Maju

Nope. I tried but still the same.

I've voted in all other polls without problems. And the notice says clearly I can do everything but voting and creating new polls. Is this forum restricted to new users? Or is it a bug? Or a CIA sabotage? ... I wonder. 

I posted the same problem a while back. But I still don't know the answer.

But, rest assured, you are not alone

demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2005 at 19:44

I personally like Americans because they are so nice; like in this instance this cowboy with a real cowboy hat offered my family to take a family picture himself.  Like he introduced himself to us in a very nice way, and yeah, I was like "in my country, this would have never happened."  In other words, wow.  It happened in LA Airport, btw. 

But I don't really like American politics.  War on Terror implies waste of money, imperialism...you know what I mean. 

Grrr..
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2005 at 20:27
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

But I still love New England and the North East more then any other part of the country, but thats just my opinion.

Because we are richer, better educated, less obese, and less religious is why the northeast is better!  And we dont call soda "pop" and have evil blasphemous pizza with deep dishes and other crap.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2005 at 08:04

Many things wrong with your post Tobodai

One,just because your richer,doesn't mean your better

Better Educated?Hahaha,look at how many people are in the streets and homeless

Less Obese?America is filled with Obese people,look at Wisconsin(got that from Family Guy)

Religion?Because the New England portion is more materialistic and industrialized

I clal Soda...Soda over here,and pizza is better when its not flat and there is barely any marinara

I know you were kidding,or were you?Just wanted to point those out

In Honor
mord View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote mord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2005 at 11:07
Originally posted by Tobodai

Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

Because we are richer, better educated, less obese, and less religious is why the northeast is better!  And we dont call soda "pop" and have evil blasphemous pizza with deep dishes and other crap.

As one person who is lactose intolerant and can no longer have cheese pizza, but who ate boatloads of pizza and chinese food in his long college career, and can tell you that Manhattan thin crust pepperoni pizza and a good beer (ale) is proof that God loves us.  Thick crusted, gimmicki pizza is awful.

At least we make the coffee good and strong.

Mord.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>