Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your opinion about the USA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Poll Question: What comes to mind when you hear United States?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [14.81%]
5 [18.52%]
1 [3.70%]
15 [55.56%]
2 [7.41%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Knowledge View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Knowledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your opinion about the USA
    Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 06:12
I am very interested in what you might have to say
about my country. I want to try and get atleast a slight
understanding of how an outsider may view the
country I live in. By the way, you won't hurt my feelings
even if you tried, so please be honest about your
answer.
Knowledge knows best
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 09:52
A constant source of victims to torture through their lack of irony.
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Richard XIII View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 10:36

I vote "Love that country", because US saved Europe three times, saved Asia once (but lost the Vietnamese war) and now try to save the Muslim world (and will lose the war in Iraq), they do something, there is not a perfect society and US certainly, but don't blame them for the minor mistakes.>>

"I want to know God's thoughts...
...the rest are details."

Albert Einstein
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 11:06

I do not hate USA. I do not like it on the other hand......

But the regime in USA is at he hands of the "darkest" people on the world. They are really bad.

USA is a country which is ruled by democratic manipulations so non-democratic. They do not have anything to export such as "democracy". If you do not have enough money to make lobby, it means that you do not have right to say in administrative and judiciary level.

Oil and arms industry are abusing American citizens, manipulate them and send them to die in dirty wars. They are also mostly controlling media.

I wonder how Bush has been reelected after being proofed that his administration lied constantly for an unfair war costing hundred thousands of life and billions of dollars.

Could any American explain me this nonsense political life in USA?

Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 11:23
There are many economically reasons for US, but don't put US in the line of non-democratic countries. And "They do not have anything to export such as "democracy" is a non-sense, your internet  connection and your computer is based on US technology.

Try countries like N. Koreea, Russia, China, your Turkey and many others to be non-democratic not US.

Albert Einstein
Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 12:11

I am glad I did not have to make this poll.  I almost did recently due to all of the anti-American talks going on. 

I love the country(as most of you know), but what I can't understand is why do people hate us so much?  Is it just because of our different poilcies?

Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 12:25
No, because they do nothing!

Albert Einstein
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 12:39

Richard XIII
but don't put Turkey in the line of non-democratic countries also.

I know we had a lot problem, but we are trying to make our democracy better.

Thegeneral

Main problem is you are most powerful country in world. and You wont let anyone to forget it.

USA is just like other countries, not better not worse.

I have no speacial hatred against USA, and have not speacial love to USA.

I will choose Its not too bad, but thats it.

Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 13:23

Usa, hmmmm

goverment: bad

people: good, saf

OUT OF LIMIT
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 13:32

There are things both to love and hate about the US.  personally I think its unfair that peopple hate it for the reason that its so powerful, as often these are people that like superpowers throughout history.  I dont blame the US for supporting evil people either because thats sound strategy especially in the cold war.  had the Soviets won we probably wouldnt be allowed to have this discussion about the USSR.

On the other hand what I hate about the US has more to do with certain cultural sub groups that have alot more power than they should right now.  Mostly its the religious crap.  If the US could just accept that we are about liberty and capitalism and revel in our libertine nature rather than repress it, we would be so much cooler, and less like the Middle East which we claim to be enemies of but in fact are very similair to.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 13:32

Kenaney,

Now, do you not like our government because it is different from your policies or just because you think its bad?

Murtaza,

Are you saying people dislike America because we are the most powerful?

Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 14:01

Thegeneral

You are not only most powerful, you love to show it.

For ex:

Turkey, USA is never beloved of Turks, but She was not hated so much.

Do you think reason is only because Turkey is muslim?

Or because USA attacked Turkish soldier?

Why do you think arabs should love USA?

You always supported Israel against to Arabs.

Or why Iranians should love USA? Because USA help Saddam to kill iranians?

I think USA follows his benefit.

All country follow Its benefit, But they are not most powerful country of world.

I dont think goverment of France or Turkey is more honorful than USA. But I dont think USA goverment is more honorful than Turkey or france goverment too.

Tobodai
Personally I think its unfair that peopple hate it for the reason that its so powerful, as often these are people that like superpowers throughout history. 

You are right. But That superpowers also hated when they had power. I dont think people loved British or Ottomans.

Edited by Murtaza
Knowledge View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Knowledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 14:59
Being American, I love my country. Its because of the
people, not all of us are your avererage American
with an I.Q. of 25. But being a lower class citizen
myself, I can't help but hate Bush and the etire U.S.
government because of their constant wanting to
interfere with certain political issues that they feel is
in "America's best interests" Which only makes the
lower class even more poor. If I was in office, I
would take care of my own people first, because if
you can't help your own people, then how are you
going to help anyone else?
Knowledge knows best
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 15:34
And Bush isn't helping us by destroying the people who flew OUR own planes into OUR own buldings.  But I understand what you are saying.  He could do a little more with his own country.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 16:02
Originally posted by Thegeneral

I love the country(as most of you know), but what I can't understand is why do people hate us so much?  Is it just because of our different poilcies?

Arrogance, boastfulness, lack of respect for other people, the feeling that only Americans matter - particularly that only American deaths matter, religious certitude and self-satisfaction, militarism.

5% of the world's population using 25% of its resources, and doing it on borrowed money.

That's the perceived image and under the current administration it's justified. It however doesn't apply to all Americans as individuals, probably not to the majority. I know that because I'm married to one, and I've spent about 25-30% of my time the last 20 years in the US.

Around Christmas time of 2001 I was talking with some members of the congregation at a church in Atlanta. It transpired the son of one woman was currently in Afghanistan with the special forces. I said I was glad that the British were helping out with the SAS.

She snapped at me: "We don't need any help, thank you."

That's the kind of thing gets Americans hated.

PS: Why does it say I can't vote in this poll? (I would have put other, my preferred answer being I like many things about the country, but some Americans really get my back up.)

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 16:23

Something tells me that perhaps you did not just say you were glad the SAS was helping.

1.  If arrogance, boastfullness, and lack of respect doesn't aply to most of the population, then why do people think of us that way?

2.  Actually we have more than 5% of the worlds population which uses most of our own resources with little importation of foreign resources, except for oil.  And I don't know where you get we use borrowed money.

3.  And how does the administration justify any of that?

Some of this stuff seems very absurd.

Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 17:05

1.  If arrogance, boastfullness, and lack of respect doesn't aply to most of the population, then why do people think of us that way?

Because They dont know people of USA, but they know bush.

that only American deaths matter,

Should think about this. If this is true you should change it, If false you should think why people think this way. (If you care what other people think.)

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 17:29

Well, I truthfully don't care what people think most of the time, but I do like to know why and if it a completly wrong idea, try to fix it.

I don't believe that America only think American lives are important.  We probally think that if a fellow countryman dies, it is more of a punch to us than if someone in another country dies, but I think that is normal in most countries.

As for bush being arrogant, boastful, and disrespectful, I have to disagree.  He may seem a little arrogant at times, but that is because is is from Texas.  As for him being boastful, I have not seen him boast at all except for him saying we are doing well in Iraq, which, depending on what you want to believe, is true.  And I have not seen him disrespect anyone at all.  Again, he is from Texas, and most people from the south tend to be very friendly, trusting, and respectfull.

Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 17:34

And I have not seen him disrespect anyone at all.

My friend he lied All world and USA about Iraq, about the reason of war, but you still can find him trustful?

this is the one thing I realy dont understand.

How you can find him still trustful?

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 18:32

BUSH may not have known.  The info BUSH gets is supposed to be truthful.  The info BUSH gets does not come from BUSH.  I do not hold BUSH responsible for bad information.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>