Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spartans+Samurai vs Saurons Army(!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spartans+Samurai vs Saurons Army(!)
    Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 05:33

Who you think will win that battle?Sauron's beasts or some of the elite of real human nature?

"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
I/eye View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote I/eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 18:52

do we have numbers?

LOTR guys were all like OMG! 10,000 is a $#!tload of soldiers!

Spartans and Samurai would be able to field many times that amount

oh yeah, and those 10,000 pikemen fell to 5 cavalry

Edited by I/eye
[URL=http://imageshack.us]
Menippos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menippos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 19:22
LOL - Spartacus, how many different people do you have inside you???
CARRY NOTHING
giani_82 View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote giani_82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 09:20
Yeah, replace the beornings with berserkers, rangers with templars and the eagles with F-16, Sauron stands no chance.

Edited by giani_82
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall."
Confucius
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 10:23
Numbers?Let's say 3.000 Spartans and 3.000 Samurai against 20.000 Orcs ,Trolls ,Uruk-Hais etc.
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
jdb777 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote jdb777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 16:01

Thus has Tolkien invaded history...lol the thought of this fight is hilarious but obviously it doesnt matter about numbers...Spartans and Samurai would think there were some kind of demon and they would run away

Let us clarify what Sauron is this...Is it the First age Sauron, the Second Age Sauron, the 3rd?

Hlasta!
Quetis Ilfirimain:
Corma turien te
Corma tuvien
Corma tultien te
Huines se nutien.
Tercno Nuruva.
Tuvien Corma tultien te
Huinesse nutien
Corma turien te Corma.

"It is well war is so terrible, lest we grow to fond of it." Robert E. Lee
Laelius View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Laelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 16:22

well the question is absurd but oh well.  Besides Spartans and Samurai???

How about this, we choose an actual army that went into the field.  i'd say the army Scipio led onto the field at Illipia would make minse meat of Sauron's army.

Or hell Subotai would have Sauron running for his life screaming like a small child. 

Or Temujin who would probably demand that the "imposter" get out of his tower.

Edited by Laelius
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 17:22
Guys,it's historical AMUSEMENT.Even an absurd question like this,it's justifiable since it's for your relaxing and amusement.And please,remain to the army we have.
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 17:24
Oh,i forgot.It's the 3rd Age Sauron.
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 17:35

Originally posted by Spartakus

ok we'll take it from his last battle:

in the battle before the black gate sauron used trolls,orcs,nazgul,those huge elphants and the people from east(on middle earth)

our earthly guys wouldn't be able to fight because of the terror

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 17:41
Let's overcome that little detail,since we can do whatever we want in fantasy.Let's say that those 6.000 fighters are used to fighting beasts,they have the experience.
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 17:44
And plz,put Nazguls aside.Only Easterlings,Haradrims,Orcs,Uruk-Hai,Trolls.
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 17:46
Next thing is to choose the battlefield.Where could 6.000 brave soldiers could stand a chance against Sauron's army?
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 20:40
Originally posted by aknc

Originally posted by Spartakus

ok we'll take it from his last battle:

in the battle before the black gate sauron used trolls,orcs,nazgul,those huge elphants and the people from east(on middle earth)

our earthly guys wouldn't be able to fight because of the terror

Well  i mean, the humans in Return of the King did fight, even though they were scared. The Spartans and Samari's would nbeed to be preped and well informed of who they are fighting, and not just meet an army of trolls and such on a battle field. The phallanx formation could take care of the elephonts,and maybe the samuri coukld shoot down the nazgul..

I would say the main bulk of footmen would be Spartans, and horsemen and archers mainly Samuris, unless you could get some Cretian Archers or Rhodian slingers.

http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Menippos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menippos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2005 at 18:54
Or some Athenian philosophers, to bore the enemy army to death too
CARRY NOTHING
Arn de Gothia View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Arn de Gothia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2005 at 05:42
(first post btw

Well I would have to say Pellenors fields are good.

and Saurons army would consist of;
*Orcs as the main attack-force, supported by Uruks and Trolls. (Actually I think Sauron had alot of Uruks in the end).
*His allies from the East would have heavy infantry and chariots.
*His allies from South would have alot of cavalry (not shown in the movie for some stupid reason) and the Mumakils.

So lets say a huge army of spartans was to face all theese armies. Then it all depends on if Sauron's general (he cant be there himself) has any sense of strategi. If so, just send the Mumakils (totaly smashes the spartan lines), then send the chariots to run the dissorganised spartans to the ground, and then let the orcs deal overpower the survivors.

So spartans stand no chance if the Mumakils are allowed to be part of the battle.
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2005 at 13:04

Originally posted by Arn de Gothia

(first post btw

Well I would have to say Pellenors fields are good.

and Saurons army would consist of;
*Orcs as the main attack-force, supported by Uruks and Trolls. (Actually I think Sauron had alot of Uruks in the end).
*His allies from the East would have heavy infantry and chariots.
*His allies from South would have alot of cavalry (not shown in the movie for some stupid reason) and the Mumakils.

So lets say a huge army of spartans was to face all theese armies. Then it all depends on if Sauron's general (he cant be there himself) has any sense of strategi. If so, just send the Mumakils (totaly smashes the spartan lines), then send the chariots to run the dissorganised spartans to the ground, and then let the orcs deal overpower the survivors.

So spartans stand no chance if the Mumakils are allowed to be part of the battle.

I don't think mumakils will be too happy charging into a line of spearmen... especially the spartans

Like i said above, having the samuri's as calvary and calvary archers could harass the otgher calvary and orcs. 

Arn de Gothia View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Arn de Gothia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2005 at 14:21
hmm, you know, Mumakils are really really huge! I think their very running will make the spartan lines move.
Also, if Sauron is allowed to have trolls, and armoured Olog-hai trolls, then the spartans can hardly fight in tight formations.

strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2005 at 16:45

Originally posted by Arn de Gothia

hmm, you know, Mumakils are really really huge! I think their very running will make the spartan lines move.
Also, if Sauron is allowed to have trolls, and armoured Olog-hai trolls, then the spartans can hardly fight in tight formations.

Yes,they are really big, bigger than elephants, but they still die as elephants. Perhaops the spartans could use longer pikes instead of spears. I do think the spartans would not run, they are very disaplined. Archers and skirmishers could hit the trolls from afar, but i guess more spearpoint at the trolls..

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2005 at 10:08
Pretty interesting question, indeed. But why did you choose the Spartans as partners for the Samurai (they have nothing in common). I'd prefer some Persian soldiers, because I think they stand a better chance against the Mumakils.
Anyway, in the situation you've chosen, I think the human forces will be victorious, mostly because of the Samurai warriors.  Their  swords might be the only chance to penetrate the thick skin of those huge Mumakils.  Besides that, the  Spartans will kill most of the Orcs and the Uruk-Hai, because of their physical strength. So once again, congratulations HUMANS.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>