Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Origins of the Afghans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Origins of the Afghans
    Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 14:51

Originally posted by oslonor

The difference between Afghanistan and Iran is Afghanistan is ancient Persia which has kept its indepedence and Iran or Persia has fallen into turkish hands. Also to explain that some people in Iran imagine that because Afghans and Iranians speak Persian or Dari then  Afghans and Iranians are brothers or the same people with the same culture. That is not actually the case for many Iranians. Those Iranians who are from Tehran, Isfahan or Azerbaijan, they do not share the same culture with Afghans. The reason  is those Iranians have a turkish culture from Caucasus and Afghans have an ancient  culture from central asia. This is very clear to an afghan by just talking a few minutes to an Iranian from Tehran. They only share the same language but with different culture and history. One is related to the history of Caucasus and the other is related to the history of central asia. To read more about it please visit my blog on.

The Rise of Afghan Empire
http://afghanempire.blogspot.com

Dear oslonor,
That was a very nice reply along with some informative link, thanks alot for sharing the link.

oslonor View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oslonor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 15:15
Originally posted by Land of Aryan

@Oslonor:
How long did you live in Tehran??
Have you ever vist Iran???

I have viisted central asia. My wife is Persian and knows about Iran. Many of my posts are written by her. My arguments are very simple. If you visit Tehran and Baku and Herat and then somebody asks you how did Tehran look like? Was Tehran similar to Baku or Herat? You will say that Tehran was similar to Baku and not Herat. That is the difference between a culture of Caucasus and a culture from Central Asia. Baku is caucasus and Herat is central asian culture. I think everybody agrees with it. But other parts of Iran have a central asian culture such as Khorasan, Fars, Lorestan etc. If you live in Tehran and have the culture of Tehran then your culture is a turkish culture.

Edited by oslonor
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 15:29

Originally posted by sirius99

humorous Idea.

I think that's the best way to upward the number of your posts, by just saying  .

oslonor View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oslonor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 15:33
Originally posted by prsn41ife

this guys doesnt know what he is talking about.

the culture of the caucuses and central asia is heavily influenced by iranian culture, not the other way around.

oslonor is pretty crazy

This is a very general statement. You can not claim that the culture of Khorasan is the same as the culture of Azerbaijan.
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 15:38

i dont think oslonor realizes that teh culture celebrated in central asia and the caucusus is actually iranian.

he probably thinks its afghan.

oslonor, afghanistan was part of iran for a very long time, afghan culture is the same as iranian culture. we speak the same language, have the same celebrations, had the same religions, etc....

the iranian empires didnt even originate in afghanistan, but in modern day iran. and the ancient iranian empires of sogdia and bactria were located in north central asia, not in afghanistan.

trust me, turkic nations have more iranian culture in them then we have turkic culture.  iran is not a turkic nation, its an iranian nation, we just have a large turkic population.

infact, my theory is that azari's are actually turkified iranic peoples, and this is supported by facts. 

if you combine the total iranic population of iran to the total turkic population (for this example, including azari's since they are now turkic although not origionally) iranic people are the majority.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 15:41
Originally posted by oslonor

this guys doesnt know what he is talking about.

the culture of the caucuses and central asia is heavily influenced by iranian culture, not the other way around.

oslonor is pretty crazy

This is a very general statement. You can not claim that the culture of Khorasan is the same as the culture of Azerbaijan.

the culture of the republic of azerbaijan is now a mixture of iranian, russian and turkish.

the russians, in an attempt to balkanise iran, instilled these differences that we now see today.  azaris and iranians have always been close, the part taken by russia was made to think that we are different when historically, the azari people are just as iranian as me or zagros, or aryan.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
oslonor View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oslonor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 15:47

i dont think oslonor realizes that teh culture celebrated in central asia and the caucusus is actually iranian.

he probably thinks its afghan.

oslonor, afghanistan was part of iran for a very long time, afghan culture is the same as iranian culture. we speak the same language, have the same celebrations, had the same religions, etc....

the iranian empires didnt even originate in afghanistan, but in modern day iran. and the ancient iranian empires of sogdia and bactria were located in north central asia, not in afghanistan.

trust me, turkic nations have more iranian culture in them then we have turkic culture.  iran is not a turkic nation, its an iranian nation, we just have a large turkic population.

infact, my theory is that azari's are actually turkified iranic peoples, and this is supported by facts. 

if you combine the total iranic population of iran to the total turkic population (for this example, including azari's since they are now turkic although not origionally) iranic people are the majority.

You are making very general statements. Many events has happened since ancient times. Iran had Saffavids and Qajar dynasties if not talking about the current turkish Islamic Republic today. Some parts of Iran have central asian culture. Other parts of Iran such as Tehran, Isfahan and Azerbaijan have a turkish culture from Caucasus. Making general statements about ancient history does not explain today's Iran. It is very clear that Azerbaijan's culture is very different form Khorasan culture. Any Iranian can tell you that. Are you saying that is not the case? I am talking about Iran's Azerbaijan.

Edited by oslonor
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 17:13

botht the safavids and the qajars preserved and even enhanced iranian culture. they adopted all aspects of iranian culture.

infact they became so iranian that they called iran persia, and called themselves kings of persia.

oslonor, you dont know anything about iran, especially by saying that iran is a turkish islamic republic or that isfahan and the other cities have a turkish culture.

are you anti turk or something? thats what it seems like, it seems like you blame everything on turks.

Edited by prsn41ife
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 19:15

Mohtaram Aghaeh Prsn4life, Oslonor and Gharanai,

Thanks for your replies but please keep them in discussion about Origins of Afghans and not Pan-Iranism.  There is plenty of topics on Pan-Iranism elsewhere.

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
oslonor View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oslonor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 20:19
Originally posted by Afghanan

Thanks for your replies but please keep them in discussion about Origins of Afghans and not Pan-Iranism.  There is plenty of topics on Pan-Iranism elsewhere.

We are trying to make the distinction between Afghanistan and IRan. This would explain what is Afghan culture.
oslonor View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oslonor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 20:21

botht the safavids and the qajars preserved and even enhanced iranian culture. they adopted all aspects of iranian culture.

infact they became so iranian that they called iran persia, and called themselves kings of persia.

oslonor, you dont know anything about iran, especially by saying that iran is a turkish islamic republic or that isfahan and the other cities have a turkish culture.

are you anti turk or something? thats what it seems like, it seems like you blame everything on turks.

I am sorry but Afghans are saying the same thing. Afghans are saying that their culture is not the same as  some Iranian from Tehran. Just ask some afghans on this  forum. Please discuss the issues and do not label people anti-turk or this or that. Tehran is similar to Baku than to Herat. Everybody agrees on that.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 20:29

there is nothing about pan iranism in this thread.

and pan iranism is not only for iranians from iran, there are afghan pan iranists, tajik pan iranists, kurdish pan iranists, etc...

@ oslonor: i want you to tell me in what ways iran is not culturally attached to afghanistan.

Regarding the topic, afghans are just another iranic tribe, am i not correct?

sorry for my ignorance, but i would also like to know more about the origion of afghans.

Edited by prsn41ife
TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 20:52

Majority of Iranians are genetically and culturally distinct from Afghans.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 20:58

which type of iranian are you talking about? many different ethnicities make up iran.

oslonor View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oslonor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 21:34
Originally posted by TeldeInduz

Majority of Iranians are genetically and culturally distinct from Afghans.

Yes. There are different ethnic groups in Iran. Some are related to Afghans and some are not.

This is Persian Afghan Phenotypes click here:

Also culturally Khorasan, Lorestan Fars etc do have a central asian culture similar to Afghans. Other parts of Iran such as Tehran, Isfahan and Azerbaijan have turkish culture from Caucasus.

Edited by oslonor
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 21:40
answer my question, tell me in which ways they are different from the iranic peoples of central asia.
oslonor View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oslonor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 21:42

there is nothing about pan iranism in this thread.

and pan iranism is not only for iranians from iran, there are afghan pan iranists, tajik pan iranists, kurdish pan iranists, etc...

@ oslonor: i want you to tell me in what ways iran is not culturally attached to afghanistan.

Regarding the topic, afghans are just another iranic tribe, am i not correct?

sorry for my ignorance, but i would also like to know more about the origion of afghans.

If you listen to what Afghans say, then you will understand the difference. 
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 21:44

why cant you just tell me? maybe its because you are pulling this stuff out of your a$$?

oslonor View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oslonor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 21:46

why cant you just tell me? maybe its because you are pulling this stuff out of your a$$?

Actually Afghans agreed with me.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 21:53

they havent been to iran have the?

i want you to tell me how the culture of eastern iran differs with the culture of the rest of the iranic world.

enlighten me, i dont care if the other afghans agree with you or not, i just want to know for my own personally knowledge. i waiting....

oslonor, you are a pan iranist, its obvious.  let me tell you the same thing that i tell the pan turks. its a dillusional dream. pans are dangerous, you need to not think the way you do. we are any better than any other race, our cultures are just as mixed as other peoples cultures.

get your dreams of iranic empires out of your head, it will never happen in the modern world.  instead of your imperialistic dream for the iranic race, just try to make our countries better and more united, like the EU.

Edited by prsn41ife
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>