Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Origins of the Afghans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Origins of the Afghans
    Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 17:15
it is said that afghans are the purest ancient iranians left. not sure if that is true or not.
"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 17:20
i guess thats what every iranian(iranic) group claims eh.   Afghanan ror, you know the flag during the time of Daud's time with the eagle.  I believe it was the divine bird of King Yama.  Im not entirely sure, but could anyone kindly elaborate more.
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 17:46

First of all my congrats to Dear brother Afghanan on posting such and informative and detailed article.
It really is a great work and is one which has to be appreciated.

Afterwards!
Dear Rakhsh,
I really don't know if you are just kidding or you don't realy have a detailed knowledge about history.
The words you used in your post were really with no background and prove if you have any please do let me know.
You said:

Originally posted by Rakhsh

I mean that Afghanistan is a construct, they are the same as Iranians, it did not exist till 100 or so years ago.

I would like to let you know (in case you are not familier), before writing something you better know what you are saying; the country Afghanistan become in to existence in the year 1747 AD which is (259) years from now and you are saying that it did'nt exixt till 100 years ago, I can't do anything else but laughing on this point.
You better check the map of the Durrani Empire and tell me the boundries of it.

Beside that I would like to add one more thing that the Afghans has better than most others, that is they have never been occupied, who ever as come to this land has tasted the real taste of war, a good example of it could be Alexander the Great, the person who defeated the mighty Persian Empire but check out what he said about Afghans.

I guess you have got my points and I also know that I have gone a bit harsh (to me it is) but if my words has hurt anyone, I am extreamly sorry for it but the fact can not be changed.

One more thing that I would like to clearify to all members of All Empires that the word Afghani doesn't show that a person is from Afghanistan but it is the Code for Currency of Afghanistan and national(s) of Afghanistan is/are called Afghan(s); if anyone has any doubt regarding this claim please refere to this site Click Here.
So please do consider this fact in future.

Edited by Gharanai

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 17:55

afghanistan was part of thhe persian empire when alexander invaded. infact, when the king lost in the west, he went to afghanistan, gather up another army of afghans, and lost again.

but the iranians in afghanistan fought a kind of "guerilla" warfare against alexander.

either way, it doesnt matter whether afghanistan was part of iran or not, (actually, when the british took it it was iranian), afghans are iranians, as well as tajiks.

the iranian nations do not need to become one country again, but a union of nations.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 18:19
Originally posted by prsn41ife

afghans are iranians, as well as tajiks.

I don't think so, you may say they were a part of Iran but you may never say Afghans are Iranians, because Iranians have their custom and Afghans (Pashtuns) have their own, each has his own country, each has different languages, different looks, diiferent attitude and different rules and regulations. So I really don't think if you could say the are Iranians.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 18:25

no, not afghans are iranian as in from iran, i mean an iranic people.

Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 18:36
Then wouldn't it be best to write the right word in the first place?

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 18:41

Originally posted by prsn41ife

it is said that afghans are the purest ancient iranians left. not sure if that is true or not.

I would say Gorani Kurds, there are still Zaroastrians among them and their language is very close to Sassanid Pahlavi.

Perspolis View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Perspolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 05:49
Paktoons hate to loose their power in afghanistan, so they prevent from united Aryans country and act like our enemies. Sorry my dear pashtuns but it is a fact.
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 06:22
afghans are Turks Tribes by new pan-turkist researchs
Anfører
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 06:29
A turk guy was caliming about 65% of afghanistan's populatin is turk( turkmen, uzbek, hazara,aymak) and other such as tajiks and pashtuns turk Persianized tribes. 
Anfører
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 06:47

Originally posted by sirius99

A turk guy was caliming about 65% of afghanistan's populatin is turk( turkmen, uzbek, hazara,aymak) and other such as tajiks and pashtuns turk Persianized tribes. 

Dear I think you have got it totaly vice-versa, the percentage of Pashtuns in Afghanistan is around 60-65% the rest are the turkmen, uzbek, hazara,aymak, baluch, pashahe and others.

Edited by Gharanai

merced12 View Drop Down
General
General

Quote merced12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 06:59
Originally posted by Gharanai

Originally posted by sirius99

Dear I think you have good it totaly vice-versa, the percentage of Pashtuns in Afghanistan is around 60-65% the rest are the turkmen, uzbek, hazara,aymak, baluch, pashahe and others.

who is he caliming %65 afg. turk.please show message

http://www.turks.org.uk/
16th century world;
Ottomans all Roman orients
Safavids in Persia
Babur in india
`azerbaycan bayragini karabagdan asacagim``
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 23:42

There has NEVER been a proper census done in Afghanistan. 

Also, some ethnic groups adopt language and customs of another and its very hard to pinpoint who is who.

Pashtun = Pashtuns who are spread in every corner of Afghanistan.  After 200 years, many of them in major cities speak Persian better than local Farsi speakers.

Tajik = Many Tajiks have mixed with Hazaras, Pashtuns, and Uzbeks, some adopting their language and habits as well.  Many Tajiks are very good Buzkashi players and play this game better than the Turkic/Uzbek peoples.

Hazaras = Their Mongol and Turkic pasts do not resemble their Shiite and Persian customs.  Their language is also Persian, but with some Mongol/Turkic admixture and accent.

And finally the Nuristani.  They spoke their own Dardic language and now most of them speak Pashto.

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 23:43
Originally posted by Afghanan

Here is some more information about the Sassanian inscription of the word Afghan:

"...Some ancestors of the durrani and yousafzai tribes were men of the sassani courts. The "Shah Nama" of Firdausi as follows:

The mighty soldiers had gathered round the castle,
Armed with golden cudgels and golden helmets,
Their commander was karen kawgan,
Lead by the valiant general, awgan

When kaikhusro saw the battle of Turks
In which the sun shone no more on earth,
He glanced at awa and samkanian
Two pugnacious lions of the battlefield

Awa was Samkanian's son, and these tow persons were heroes of the era of Kaikhusro who are mentioned in the great battle with Afrasiab."

More Information located by clicking here: 

http://www.afghanan.net/pashto/pashtunwali/afghan.htm

--

Can anybody back up these claims from the Sassanian scripts?  I want to test its validity.

I'm still waiting for some help on this. 

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
oslonor View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oslonor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 06:00
The difference between Afghanistan and Iran is Afghanistan is ancient Persia which has kept its indepedence and Iran or Persia has fallen into turkish hands. Also to explain that some people in Iran imagine that because Afghans and Iranians speak Persian or Dari then  Afghans and Iranians are brothers or the same people with the same culture. That is not actually the case for many Iranians. Those Iranians who are from Tehran, Isfahan or Azerbaijan, they do not share the same culture with Afghans. The reason  is those Iranians have a turkish culture from Caucasus and Afghans have an ancient  culture from central asia. This is very clear to an afghan by just talking a few minutes to an Iranian from Tehran. They only share the same language but with different culture and history. One is related to the history of Caucasus and the other is related to the history of central asia. To read more about it please visit my blog on.

The Rise of Afghan Empire
http://afghanempire.blogspot.com

Edited by oslonor
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 13:20
Originally posted by oslonor

The difference between Afghanistan and Iran is Afghanistan is ancient Persia which has kept its indepedence and Iran or Persia has fallen into turkish hands. Also to explain that some people in Iran imagine that because Afghans and Iranians speak Persian or Dari then  Afghans and Iranians are brothers or the same people with the same culture. That is not actually the case for many Iranians. Those Iranians who are from Tehran, Isfahan or Azerbaijan, they do not share the same culture with Afghans. The reason  is those Iranians have a turkish culture from Caucasus and Afghans have an ancient  culture from central asia. This is very clear to an afghan by just talking a few minutes to an Iranian from Tehran. They only share the same language but with different culture and history. One is related to the history of Caucasus and the other is related to the history of central asia. To read more about it please visit my blog on.

The Rise of Afghan Empire
http://afghanempire.blogspot.com
Anfører
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 13:21

humorous Idea.
Anfører
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 13:48

this guys doesnt know what he is talking about.

the culture of the caucuses and central asia is heavily influenced by iranian culture, not the other way around.

oslonor is pretty crazy

Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 14:36
@Oslonor:
How long did you live in Tehran??
Have you ever vist Iran???
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>