Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Relations between Uyghur, Oghuz, Ugur and Hongir

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Relations between Uyghur, Oghuz, Ugur and Hongir
    Posted: 24-Jun-2005 at 14:38
Originally posted by Feramez

Originally posted by Midas

The difference between Turks and Hungarians is like Germans and French... Same language family... But we are different... But both of us are coming from the steppes of Asia...

The current Hungarian language is not in the same language family as Turkish...the Altaic family.

moreover, neither are French and German. French is a Romanic language while German is a  Germanic (duh!) language...

Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jun-2005 at 18:11
Originally posted by Temujin

Originally posted by Midas

The difference between Turks and Hungarians is like Germans and French... Same language family... But we are different... But both of us are coming from the steppes of Asia...

The current Hungarian language is not in the same language family as Turkish...the Altaic family.

moreover, neither are French and German. French is a Romanic language while German is a  Germanic (duh!) language...

Well those 2 are just obvious, I don't think he was saying German and French are Altaic languages.

Raider View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jun-2005 at 12:08

A question for Raider, do most present day Hungarians recognize their ancient Turkish brotherhood?  Or is it forgotten or just ignored among most Hungarians?
Certainly. The turk relation is much more popular than the finno-ugric relation. The culture of the ancient hungarians are more and more popular again.
Midas View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jun-2005 at 12:27

I didn't mean German and French are Altaic...

I meant; German is Germanic and French is Latin but both are Indo-European... Just like both Hungarian and Turkish are Ural-Altayic language...

minchickie View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote minchickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2005 at 00:12
Originally posted by Raider

Originally posted by Murtaza

No, I dont know another name for macaristan.

Raider do you have much Turkish word? I mean I read from a cite,  some words(not  much) and some words have same root with turkish words.

http://www.hunmagyar.org/

LOL.

A Turanian page,  made  my magars

Maybe it is not in use any more. (Tahiri ngrs = Chronicle of the Hungarians, a turkish chronicle is in the Topkapi Museum)

Of course there are many word with turk origin in Hungarian language. The bulk of these came from the ancient turks, and some of them from the ottoman-turks.

Here is some example:

Ancient turk:

gyilkos - murderer

barom - cattle

kapu - gate

tr - cottage cheese

sajt - cheese

bika - bull

kr - ox

borj - veal

kecske - goat

diszn - pig

tyk - hen

bza - wheat

rpa - barley

sarl - sickle

gymlcs - fruit

alma - apple

krte - pear

szl - rape

bor - wine

gyomor - stomach

becslet - honour

Ottoman turk:

korbcs - scourge

harcsol - greedy collecting

kv - coffee

martalc - marauder

csizsma - boots

papucs - slippers

dvny - divan

THESE words are the SAME in HUNGARIAN!!!!!!

Shogun
Shogun

Quote minchickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2005 at 00:14

besides that, here are more i found:

http://www.columbia.edu/~sss31/Turkiye/macarca.turkce.html

Shogun
Shogun

Quote minchickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2005 at 00:21

they are starting to find out now that Hungarian is more ALtaic than the "finno-ugriac" that it has been said to be closer to for so long.

(a) Webster's 1913 Dictionary courtesy of Project Gutenberg, defines 'Magyar' as 'One of the dominant people of Hungary, allied to the Finns; a Hungarian'. (There is no 'alliance' with the Finns other than a tenuous linguistic connection separated by about 4000 years!)

There are many theories on what the designation 'Magyar' means and on its origins.

The proper designation for a Hungarian is 'Magyar', and it is believed to derive from the Ugrian 'Mansi' or 'Magy' with the addition of the Turkic '-eri.' forming 'Megyeri' 'Magyen.' 'Magyar', which was the name of the largest Hungarian tribe. Both particles mean "men". [zb] However, the whole etymology is uncertain. [Chong]

The Western designation of 'Hungar-' is seen as having different origins. It is thought that the Magyar became a part of a loose federation of semi-nomadic group, the Onogurs or 'The Ten Arrows' or ten tribes from which some claim derives 'Hungarian'. Others claim the word is an old Turkish (turanian) word, 'Hun' = Hun, 'Gar' = 'Gur' = Great. So much uncertainty is conducive to much theorizing.

for more read this:

http://member.melbpc.org.au/~tmajlath/index1.html

Aygucu Tonyukuk View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Aygucu Tonyukuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2005 at 07:16

"A zsembemben sok alma van"   Magyar

"Cebimde chok elma var"     Turkish

That sentence means "There are many apples in my pocket."

Turkish History Forum
www.turktarihi.net
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2005 at 07:35
Originally posted by Aygucu Tonyukuk

That sentence means "There are many apples in my pocket."

And I was pondering, how does that phrase sounds in Hungarian

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Raider View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2005 at 07:43

Vogul language:

Hurem n vitnel huligel husz hul pugi.
Hrom n a vzbl hlval hsz halat fog.
Three women trawl twenty fishes by fishnet.
Hurem-szt-husz hulach-szem empem viten eli.
Hromszzhsz hollszem ebem vzen l.
My 320 raven-eyed dogs live by water

Osztyak

Pegte lau lasinen menl tou szilna.
Fekete l lassan megy a t szln.
Black horse slowly goes in the shore of the lake.

Finnish

Jn alla talvella elvt kalat uiskentelevat.
Jg alatt tlen eleven halak szklnak.
At Winter living fishes swim under the ice.
Kivist verinen oli vvyn ksi.
Kvektl vres volt veje keze.
The hand of his son-in-law was bloody because of the rocks.
Orvon silm kyyneli tynn.
rva szeme knnyel tele.
Orphan's eyes are full with tears.
Kuka meni meidn edessmme?
Ki ment mielttnk?
Who went before us?
Minini antoi voita.
Menyem adott vajat.
My daughter-in-law gave butter.
Shogun
Shogun

Quote minchickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2005 at 08:43

A question for Raider, do most present day Hungarians recognize their ancient Turkish brotherhood?  Or is it forgotten or just ignored among most Hungarians?

YES for sure! I would say Ancient Turk though more so, and that list  the words in ancient turk that were posted back there are identical  the same in hungarian!

There are some Hungarians that wont admit they are asian/turk related because they were taught to hate Turks probably which is sad and pathetic !

Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2005 at 11:32
Why were they taught to hate Turks?
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2005 at 11:42

Feramez lets  guess,

hmmm

bingo, Ottomans

Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2005 at 12:46
Ha, ooops..
Shogun
Shogun

Quote minchickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2005 at 03:05
Raider View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2005 at 03:47
Originally posted by minchickie

YES for sure! I would say Ancient Turk though more so, and that list  the words in ancient turk that were posted back there are identical  the same in hungarian!

There are some Hungarians that wont admit they are asian/turk related because they were taught to hate Turks probably which is sad and pathetic !

In Hungary nobody teach the children to hate turks.

minchickie:

You said that you lives in the USA. How do you know so surely what is thaught to children in Hungary?

oghuzkb View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oghuzkb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2005 at 05:19

as a matter of fact we Uyghur(Uighur) people commonly believe that we were originated Nine Oghuz tribes.

and current Uighur languege dictionaries include the word Oghuz ,it means a mother's milk after her baby just born.

Edited by oghuzkb
ALLAH gave us two books---Quran and Nature.        ---Jamaliddin Efghany
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2005 at 05:38

Oguz means Ok(maning tribe)+uz(old Turkish plural suffix), Tribes. It was formed during the reign of Mete Khan, and Mete Khan, the Hun leader was the real Oguz Kaghan.

Onogur means On Oguz, meaning ten Oguz. Hungar comes from the word Onogur. So their origins are simply the same with ours, western Turks btw Lake Balkash (Kazakhstan) and Altays...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12