Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mongol Armor?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Turk Nomad View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Turk Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mongol Armor?
    Posted: 24-Oct-2006 at 02:31
Originally posted by ahiska

camokagurth wroye
 *and PLEASE dont confuse Tatars with Mongols ... ive seen many mistakes like this in western(actually American  ) history books etc. Tatars were turkic while Mongols were mongoloid

D
ude Turks are mongoloid(mostly) so are chinese and japanese.
the term monogoloid is used to point out a genetic hmmm.. something that links several races to gether.

It's Mongoloid, Caucasoid, Negroid and few more.

Dude,Turks are Alpino-Turanid,not mongoloid.

There was tatar(xyen bei) tribe since ghengis kill them all,they were tungus-mongoloid.İn 1200s other Tatars(in ghengis's army,tribes invading eurupe and ukraine,tatarstan) are a mix of Kipchak Turks and some other Turkic tribesWink
Turk Nomad View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun
suspended

Quote Turk Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2006 at 02:35
Originally posted by HistoryGuy

Mongols are East Asian Turks and West Turks are Central Asian, but West Turks are mongoloid as well (the way they look is like intermediate Mongoloid and Europoid)..LOL

Mongols aren'T Turkic,they are mezosefal(ı heard) but we are brakisefal.Antropology says no =(.But may be we are cousin.
HistoryGuy View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote HistoryGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2006 at 15:56
Turk nomad, I have a reason to believe I may be Turkic, but I don't know what it would be measured as in a autosomal DNA test.. Would it be Central Asian, or East Asian?Confused I am Polish, and Ukrainian..

Edited by HistoryGuy - 24-Oct-2006 at 15:57
هیچ مردی تا به حال به شما درباره خدا گفته.
Bodhi Baavgai View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Bodhi Baavgai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2010 at 11:56
Hello.  I recently got into the SCA.  I am trying to build a set of Mongolian armor for heavy fighting.  Where did you get the schematics for some of the armors pictured there?  If I may ask.
I have a bit before I auth in it, but I really need to make my own stuff.  Two reasons really, 1 so I can say I made it, and 2 I am 6'6" and don't fit in much of the stuff available to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345