Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Treason or free speech?????(Americans)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Treason or free speech?????(Americans)
    Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 16:09
I cannot stop someone from posting but I would like the opinions of Americans because only an American would fully understand the feeling of patriotism towards our great nation, as imperfect as it is. I invite Muslim American opinion!! For now I will keep my opinion to myself. I ask that non-Americans please honor my request.

"Oh Muslims! Do you know your enemy? Isn't it obvious?"

Here is a video of American Muslims stomping on and then ripping up an American flag. Just before they rip it up one of them places a sign on it that says, "Oh Muslims! Do you know your enemy? Isn't it obvious?"

But if we even ask how many Muslims in America think this way, CAIR will bellow about discrimination and Islamophobia. So attention is diverted from activities such as what is shown in this video, and they can continue unheeded.

(Thanks to all who sent this in.)

go to link and watch the video!

http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/006556.php#comments
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 20:18

OH THE IRONY. At one point they say something such as : Muslims, dont be afraid to come out and speak against the governement, it is not like your countries back at home were you raise your voice at the governemtn and get tortured or whatnot..

I think this video is alot of BULLsh*t, it is legal to get a permit to rip up a flag and step on it?? I think this freedom of speach should Not be allowed.  They have no respect f or the US or its people. The term my ancient greek ancestors would call them are barbaric..

Edited by strategos
http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
TheodoreFelix View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 20:21
Is jihadwatch some kind of sanctuary for you eagle?
Kentuckian View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Kentuckian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 20:23

i know this is ignorant but i am going to say it anyway.  they should go back to where they came from and raise goats or something. (nothing against MErners, but i can't stand people like this, MErners or otherwise.)

"I have not yet begun to fight." - John Paul Jones

"America will win through absolute victory" - President Franklin Roosevelt

"This was our finest hour." - Winston Churchill
Illuminati View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Illuminati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 20:48
I'd be curious to seee what would happen to them if they were to burn the Saudi flag in Saudi Arabia.

But honestly. I don't care. Let them burn the flag. Hatred is answered by hatred. The more they do it, the more Americans grow to dislike them. And they will never accomplish their goals if they keep turning people against them.

If they were really smart they would protest peacefully and respectfully and lobby congressman and senators. Arabs have the stereotype of being fanatical and violent for their cause. This kind of protesting only works to reinforce those stereotypes. 

In a democracy where the ballot is more effective than the bullet, appearing fanatical is the worst thing you can do to get your way.

Edited by Illuminati
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 23:26
Originally posted by Iskender Bey ALBO

Is jihadwatch some kind of sanctuary for you eagle?

I do not know quite what you mean by sanctuary, but I consider it a very credible source although there are some on this forum who may not agree.

I have very deep roots in this nation, and I even though our country is not perfect, I am very patriotic. What these people are doing in that video is nothing short of treason and sedition. I agree with the Kentuckian that if they don't like here then go home. But I also agree with Illuminati that they more the act this way the more the will increase the stereo type that some American have of Muslims. Did you watch the video?
Illuminati View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Illuminati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 01:43
I would  also like to add, that the US Supreme court has ruled more than once that this is a perfectly legal form of protest.

personally, I want it to remain that way and not jsut because we shouldn't be taking a bottle of white-out to the bill of rights. The people who burn the flag often have very differing viewpoints than me and by all means I want them to alienate themselves so they don't get their way.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 01:59
Originally posted by Illuminati

I would also like to add, that the US Supreme court has ruled
more than once that this is a perfectly legal form of protest.

personally, I want it to remain that way and not jsut because we
shouldn't be taking a bottle of white-out to the bill of rights. The
people who burn the flag often have very differing viewpoints than me
and by all means I want them to alienate themselves so they don't get
their way.

It is not so much the flag burning but what they said they I feel is treason and a threat. I am use to flag burning and while it does not make me happy you are right about the U.S. supreme court ruling but that is not the issue here.
jito View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote jito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2005 at 02:28
Well Emperor I agree with you that a flag carries a lot of
patriotic symbolism and in some way deserves respect. it is not
a matter of nationality, trust me, any flag carries the same
weight for the people who honors it. therefore i feel the same
way. however, as the flag represents all the values of the US,
so it represents freedom of speach. and personally i think that
not reacting to it is the best way to stop all the hate that such
actions create. I profundly respect the american flag, as i do
with most of the flags in the world, but do not forguet that it does
not represent anything different than what the country it sel
does. (country meaning its people, values and government)
Comments like they should all return and stuff like that has no
point. they are here for some reason that we do not know and
problably the great majority is not looking foward to harm us but
rather to live in peace. that peace that their flac and country
does not offer. so keep in mind that strong fellings and heat in
your mind make you see things worst and that generates
prejudice and discrimination.

take it easy!!!!!!!
MJG
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2005 at 09:12

Growing up in the Vietnam era as an American youngster I saw alot of U.S. flag burning on tv. Didn't know why they did it at the time. Why did our own college age kids do such a thing? Or maybe they were a bunch of disrespectful hippies sharing their angst. Oh, I don't know. Such a long time ago, you know.

Since then we've got flags on bathing suits, underwear and you name it. We have become desensitized to disrespect. Or is it a form of personal patriotic duty that our lovers of the flag display? Sounds weird still to this day.

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2005 at 17:35
The day that we begin imprisoning people for flag burning is the day that American democracy dies.

Judging from many of the responses to this thread, it seems that we are getting closer and closer to an American dictatorship.
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2005 at 19:35
Originally posted by hugoestr

The day that we begin imprisoning people for flag burning is the day that American democracy dies.

Judging from many of the responses to this thread, it seems that we are getting closer and closer to an American dictatorship.

Glad im not the only one who sees this.

Edited by ArmenianSurvival
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2005 at 22:13
I would  also like to add, that the US Supreme court has ruled more than once that this is a perfectly legal form of protest.

The current legal standing that has been established for a while is that free speech is allowed as long as it does not present a clear and present danger to the state. So if you can't show that someone burning the flag is presenting danger to the government, it's legal under the constution.
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 15:25

It really does saddens me to see people like this abuse their freedoms. To say that its obvious Americans are the enemy when they are living in a country their so called enemy created, and that gives them the freedoms like all the other citizens. That flag represents the courage and blood spilled by those who have faught and still fight under that flag for our freedom.

At the same time I believe people should have the freedom to do this to express themselves, but there are def other ways... I didn't see it, but it does break my heart to hear it.

jdb777 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote jdb777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2005 at 18:03

I would agree that the American flag on bathing suits, clothing is in its on way a disrespect to the country but burning one takes it to a malicious level...I have long believed that it is the polical correct democracy of America that is eventually going to destroy her... America cannot please every American and when an American states the he/she hates America then they are no longer entitled to their opinion on this good soil. Too many brave men died to see that Flag raised high over this land than to see a bunch of ignorant fools desecrating it on this soil; if they do not like it then leave, we dont wont you here and you evedently dont wont to be here!

Now to address the Islam issue it has long been noted in the prophesies of Nostradomas and Malachy that its Europe not America that should be worried about the Mohemmedans(if you believe in that stuff)...but America has the right to defend herself against all enemies and if that means red flagging all Islamic believers to catch these radical terrorist, then it is a sad action that must be taken.

Edited by jdb777
"It is well war is so terrible, lest we grow to fond of it." Robert E. Lee
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2005 at 14:36
I know it is often done as a statement but if someone in the U.S. hates it so much then leave!!!
The video of the Muslims in Queens, New York stomping on our flag did not bother me as much as the words of treason they spoke. (in this area it would have turned into a violent confrontation, most likely) The people in E. Washington tend to be conservative and very patriotic, they love the flag!! I went through a small town in Montana and most every house had an American flag and it is common here as well.

They were radical exterme Muslims and talked about the conquest of America by their form of Islam and the dhimitude of non-Muslims, whether they hated or not too bad!! I do not forsee this type of take over in my life but it still made me angry. I was happy to see that most of the Muslims in that area were not like these radicals. We have very few Muslims here but in a few cities they are the majority, like Deerborne, MI.

the flag I love next:

Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2005 at 15:11
I like that flag of the screaming eagle. I think use it as a wall paper, very nice.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2005 at 17:04
http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/BDX/BDX280/bxp48283.jpg

I have the Greek flag on my bumper sticker but it is falling off so I will try and get one of my Greek friends to send me another from Greece!!

It has a cross on it so I imagine some in a certain faith would find it offenesive and if they ever became dominate in Greece they would probably demand its removal. Some radicals have asked for the removal of the cross on the British flag and the removal of crosses in Italian schools, mostly foriegners. When in Rome do as the Romans do!!!

Am I so insensitive!!!
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2005 at 08:31

I persoanlly have very negative views to people that move to a country only to speak of its evils.  If you dont like the west then dont come to the west!  Clearly the reason is money, but even still, at least acknowledge why you immigrated.

That being said on the other side I find the views of Americans on AE totally scary.  Of course anyone should be allowed to burn a flag, who the hell cares?  Not something I would do but Ill defend someoens right to do it.  The US is about freedom for the individual and I think the proto facists on AE dont repsect that.  Remember our foudning fathers were traitors to their country, many great reformers and nation founders are technically traitors.  America needs to be loved by its citizens, but it also needs to love the citizens that dont love it.  Knowing our weaknesses and having to respond to criticizm can only help our society.  Even silly religious fanatics from the ME should not be removed, although we sure can make fun of them anyway.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2005 at 21:32

Have you noticed that all of us Americans agree and disagree on differ levels of politics though? We all seems to fall into left and right-wing and everything in between. Some views we share, and some we don't, that is being American to speak out on what you agree and disagree with.

Seems all us Americans have our own point of views that clash with each other, but we all, or atleast most of us still love our country, maybe not the current adminstration though.... Some on the board think we should take a more Christian conservative point of views because our forefathers were Christian, but we also had a Satanist who was apart of the hellfire club(I think thats what it was called, if you know correct me) and that forefather was one of the most important, Benjamin Franklin. Maybe we should adopt some Satanist ideals too

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>