Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Islam Is Gaining a Foothold in Chiapas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islam Is Gaining a Foothold in Chiapas
    Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 12:59

More than agree with you Murtaza.
We have a horrible experience with Spain. Our whole culture was destroyed and the popultation down sized from 20 million to only 1 million because of the deseases. However, if a spaniard comes to Mexico, they are more than wellcome down here. We keep our historical memory, but we are not paranoic nation.
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 19:06
Mexico may be a Catholic nation, but it has a long history of secular government, going back to the 1800s. Mexico is one of those secular societies that extremist Christians hate so much So please don't drag Mexico into the theo-conservatives'insane religious wars.

Chiapas has experienced religious strife since the 1990s between Catholics and Evangelical Protestants converts, most who converted due to American missionaries. Violence has erupted between Catholics and evangelicals several times. Niether side believes that the other side are real Christians.

However, the double standard that exists in this country makes it so that a few hundred Muslims make Americans more upset than the ongoing conflict fueled by evangelical missionaries.

If I were like a Christian Taliban, I would demand the immediate withdrawl of evangelical missionaries from the region.

However I am a progressive who believes that everyone should be allowed to believe whatever they want without interferance. Violent people should be punished for their violence, not for their religion.

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 13:14
Originally posted by Murtaza

<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 12.75pt"SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Are you afraid to learn what the Greeks experienced for 500 years? But, that is your right!! <BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urnchemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /o/o/SPAN>

<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 12.75pt"SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Infact They experience are not so much bad. After all they lived in anatolia <SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">800 year</SPAN> under the islamic rules.. If you realy want to learn bad experience ask it to araps, They will say you how crusaders threated them.They will explain you Spain Muslims too. how many year they lived under Christian rules? Or ask Spain jews why did they come stanbul? And you should ask yourself who helped Bin Laden at first? Saddam? they are mostly children of USA.</SPAN>

<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 12.75pt"SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">And Because some islamic country is moronic I dont see any reason others should be moronic too.</SPAN>

This really is for another thread but life as a dhimmi and under Islamic law was harsh and I agree the Catholic Christains were historically harsh but that is history. Today, life as a dhimmi under Islamic law is still very harsh. Speaking of Jews don't forget all the Jews who were slaughtered or forced out of Yemen and parts of North Africa, where their lives were reduced to slavery. I am not saying this will happpen in Mexico because Islam has a long way till it ever became dominate in a Catholic stronghold. I can repost a whole list of dos and donts for dhimmi in a Muslim dominated nation, would you like that. I know not all Muslims take it to that extreme but why aren't the moderates standing up to the radicals or saying something!! I think there will be a future cultural conflict in Mexico and America over this collision of cultures. Mexico is a secular nation and that is good, I do believe in the seperation of church and state.
"Give me freedom or give me death."
who said this?? test
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 13:26

Are you afraid to learn what the Greeks experienced for 500 years? But, that is your right!!

chemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />>>

Infact They experience are not so  much bad. After all they lived in anatolia 800 year under the islamic rules.. If you realy want to learn bad experience ask it to araps, They will say you how crusaders threated them.They will explain you Spain Muslims too. how many year they lived under Christian rules? Or ask Spain jews why did they come stanbul? And you should ask yourself who helped Bin Laden at first? Saddam? they are mostly children of USA.

And Because some islamic country is moronic I dont  see any reason others should be moronic too.

Ottoman rule was based on a theocracy, with the Sultan exercising absolute power at the top over a strict social order based on which religion one belonged to. The Ottomans did not demand its subjects to convert to Islam, but non-Muslims were faced with many discriminatory practices. Marriage between Muslims and non-Muslims was forbidden, and in judicial disputes, the word of a Muslim would always be taken over that of non-Muslims. Most hated however was the forced conscription of male children from these non-Muslims families into the military, which were exacerbated when the Turks became to take heavy losses in battles against the Russians in the 18th century A.D. Some Greeks however achieved prominent positions by serving the Ottomans as diplomats or interpreters. Despite this the Ottoman's rule was overall corrupt and unjust. Thousands of Greek families would eventually leave the Ottoman Empire to seek better opportunity around the world, and beginning in the 18th century A.D. the Greeks began to rebel against Ottoman rule. So by 1821 A.D. after a famine swept through the Peloponnesus, a full-fledged war between Greek Separatists and the Ottomans broke out. With the intervention of the western European powers in particularly Britain, an independent Greek state was finally established in 1828 A.D.

"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 13:32

I think you are completly misunderstood me. What I want to say is, fanatism and killing is nothing related with religion. And If it is related with religion, Islam is not most bloodiest religion. If you read history you will saw who murdered more.

I know not all Muslims take it to that extreme but why aren't the moderates standing up to the radicals or saying something

Because we dont see any difference with Bin laden, Israel, USA. They are all murderer, and I dont care if killing happened in USA, in Iraq or in Istanbul. As you remember my friend we have good reasons for hate for bin laden too.

Tell me a good reason for attacking Iraq?

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 13:58
[QUOTE=Murtaza]

I think you are completly misunderstood me. What I want to say is, fanatism and killing is nothing related with religion. And If it is related with religion, Islam is not most bloodiest religion. If you read history you will saw who murdered more.

I know not all Muslims take it to that extreme but why aren't the moderates standing up to the radicals or saying something

Because we dont see any difference with Bin laden, Israel, USA. They are all murderer, and I dont care if killing happened in USA, in Iraq or in Istanbul. As you remember my friend we have good reasons for hate for bin laden too.

]Tell me a good reason for attacking Iraq?

I can agree that all religions and political systems have their fanatics, sort of human nature.
The Communist can also be extreme fanatics!!
At first, I agreed with the Iraq war and I am glad Saddam is out but it appears the mess is even bigger. This is for another thread but read the article and you will see way I have changed my mind about this war.
IRAQ SMELLS LIKE VIETNAM

By Frosty Wooldridge
May 9, 2005
NewsWithViews.com

Iraq is an unprovoked war. Saddam was not connected to 9/11 as proven by the 9/11 Commission Report. Iraq housed no weapons of mass destruction. Iraq did not attack America nor was it attacking anyone the moment it was bombed.... see link

http://www.newswithviews.com/Wooldridge/frosty55.htm

Edited by eaglecap
BirTane View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote BirTane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 14:30

Infact They experience are not so  much bad.

I m really trying to understand what exactly are you saying here...please explain...

After all they lived in anatolia 800 year under the islamic rules..

who was in anatolia under islamic rules?

If you realy want to learn bad experience ask it to araps, They will say you how crusaders threated them.

Right...but crusaders do not exist anymore

They will explain you Spain Muslims too. how many year they lived under Christian rules?

history...you have maybe right...but here we are talking for current risks

Or ask Spain jews why did they come stanbul? And you should ask yourself who helped Bin Laden at first? Saddam? they are mostly children of USA.

children? You have right but what children ?? The decisions of a Government do not have always any relation with the people

And Because some islamic country is moronic I dont  see any reason others should be moronic too.

I agree with you.....BUT

I will talk as an Orthodox...which I am. What the katholic church did that time belongs in the past, not forgotten, but it is in the past. What ever Hitler did is in the past...we will not kill the Germans and all their allies because of what their ancestors did. And as an Orthodox , from the history of my church I know very well that vatikano wasnt an angel towards the Orthodox Church...and based on these facts the Pope Paul ask in public forgiveness. But what ever happened is in the past, I will not accuse the current katholik church for the past. As I dont accuse the current Turkish nation about what Kemal did to my nation.

People who are in the leadership of a church are not holly persons, they are humans, so they make mistakes, they are not God...only God do not make mistake. 

Islam is something different from Church, works under different framework. However, for which ISLAM we are talking about. All the muslims call their religion as ISLAM, but we are talking about the same religion here?. The Suni Muslims in Istanbul react and believe in the same way with the Suni Muslims in Ic Anadolu? The Muslims of UEA, are the same with the Turks? Can someone compare the Taliban with the rest Muslims? Do all the Muslims ambutate the women? Do all the Muslims with the same way have treat woman? If we answer with YES to these questions we would make a huuuuuuuge mistake. The differences between them are very large. You the christians have ever read the Kuran? Read it....you will see that Kuran do not award these actions. Even the Saria Law do not have any base on the Kuran. Depends to the nation and their religion leaders how they will explain it. It is like the differences between the Christian Dogmas, which fortunately they are not many or huge in this case.

Lets seperate the good Muslims...who can be really peaceful people (even they can be fanatized really easily if someone provoke or actuate them), and lets talk about the other Muslims.

Who can deny that these kind of Muslims are not a danger for the world? These people are the reason of missunderstanding totally the Islam. Muslims are more fanatiks in religion than the Christians...and history prooves it. Unfortunately they are more than Christians...even the ones with low profile. .

These mexicans who became Muslims, what kind of Muslims are? I dont think that a Turk Imam went to help them be shaved, the most probable is to belong to the Islamist world, the world which believe that "they will eat pilav and have virgins in Paradise, if they difuse the law of the God by any means, especially when they others are KAFIRS.

BirTane View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote BirTane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 14:36
As far as what the christians experienced from the Islamic world......the proove is the christians who are still hiding their religion in a more modern muslim's country like Turkey...I dont wanna imagine what would do in a really islamic country.....Other examples...the thousands hundred Greeks in Turkey who are Muslims now...you think that they became by their will?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 14:45
Today, life as a dhimmi under Islamic law is still very harsh. etc. etc.

Why do you always start about radical muslims when you talk about islam. How would you react if everyone would start about radical christians once someone mentions christianity.
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 14:54

Today,Life as a muslim under USA(wont call it as christianity) law is still very harsh. Look Iraq.

Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 15:13

As I dont accuse the current Turkish nation about what Kemal did to my nation.

I think you lost sense here. It was greeks who attacked my country, and did bad thing against the law of war(easy to prove). And still it was Kemal who is guilty, Because he resques his people from Greece Army.(Not a nice army, bad thing against law of war should be realy realy bad things for turks) And Dont tell me exiles. They are made by both country. It was greece who destroyed your nation.

the proove is the christians who are still hiding their religion in a more modern muslim's country like Turkey..

I dont see any reason for hiding. There are christians and noone is treating them bad.They are our people also.

Other examples...the thousands hundred Greeks in Turkey who are Muslims now...you think that they became by their will?

So you think Ottomans are forced people for changing their religion? This is against all history. Why cant they change their religion with will? And I dont think there are so much greek muslim in Turkey.

By The way, These are other topics, No need to discuss them here. If you want to discus open a new topic.

BirTane View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote BirTane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 15:30

I think you lost sense here. It was greeks who attacked my country, and did bad thing against the law of war(easy to prove).

I dont deny arkadasim the mistakes of my country...yes I think we made a big mistake with the help of our ALLIES.....

And still it was Kemal who is guilty, Because he resques his people from Greece Army.(Not a nice army, bad thing against law of war should be realy realy bad things for turks) And Dont tell me exiles.

Forgive me ...he was guilty....For his ideas millions people of different nations were killed. Look inside your nation for mistakes...dont see only the kampur of the others...is the first step for peace

They are made by both country. It was greece who destroyed your nation.

Our governments destroy our nation years now...and every day...that is not a new for me ))). But I have the eye to see it...do you have the eye to see what your leaders did or do every day?

the proove is the christians who are still hiding their religion in a more modern muslim's country like Turkey..

I dont see any reason for hiding. There are christians and noone is treating them bad.They are our people also.

So why they still hide their selves...and please they are not your people..... why because of the religion? if they are your brothers why you are affraid so much that these people will ask in the futur to have their independent Pontiac State?

Other examples...the thousands hundred Greeks in Turkey who are Muslims now...you think that they became by their will?

So you think Ottomans are forced people for changing their religion? This is against all history. Why cant they change their religion with will? And I dont think there are so much greek muslim in Turkey.

No arkadasim..history prooves the opposite...and believe me a Greek would never change his religion only by force and for saving their children...some their fortune (shame on them!). If you knew the Greeks especially of this period you would understand. And the Greeks who hide their religion is a fact in Turkey, even you wanna accept it or not.

By The way, These are other topics, No need to discuss them here. If you want to discus open a new topic.

Really Murtaza, so why you made comments? You stucked like a fish on the fishing line...I didnt open discussion...I gave examples for explaining some things here....examples from a point a of view which wasnt necessary to be accordant to the others opinion....I made a point arkadasim...

and stop change so fast topics in the forum!!! I got dizzy from chasing you ))))))))))))))))))

But you have right...go to other topic to say all these... or you could send private message if you want it to say them now...and still without answer my comments to your comments....

Edited by BirTane
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 15:40

Eaglecap:  "I know not all Muslims take it to that extreme but why aren't the moderates standing up to the radicals or saying something".

For your enlightenment the moslems I interact with and talk to, at the mosque I frequent, listen to friday sermons that denounces any form of terrorism. Especially in the US. If the terrorists come from predominately moslem countries it hurts even more and reason to denounce such is greater. Most of the moslems from moslem countries do not support terrorism either. Whether they are vocal about it loud enough all depends on many factors. Most of all politics. They do get carried away with political opinions that eventually places them in the spotlight. Having diverse opinions is not terrorism though. 

Edited by Seko
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 16:03

Birtane, I assume that most people would not change their religion unless forced and that is even dependant opon the person. If someone is hiding their religion from the public eye it could mean a few things. Either that person is not very religious, that person is humble and keeps religion private, or is fearful of reprisals. You seem to support the latter. I personally have not seen such fear in a few Christians of Turkey whom I have had contact with but again I haven't taken a poll on all of their numbers either.

Then you state about Ataturk".. .he was guilty....For his ideas millions people of different nations were killed." 

What are the specifics please? Thats a big accusation to make. Need more info.

And about that independant pontic state. Citizens of the black sea region of Turkey are going to vote for cessation? Is that it? Or are they thinking of another method? Who are they? The Laz? The Circassians? The Turks? The Greeks? Is that even lawfull to do? What is next, Turks or Albanians entitled to form a new independant country in northern Greece too? Get real!

Edited by Seko
BirTane View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote BirTane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 16:23

Birtane, I assume that most people would not change their religion unless forced and that is even dependant opon the person. If someone is hiding their religion from the public eye it could mean a few things. Either that person is not very religious, that person is humble and keeps religion private, or is fearful of reprisals. You seem to support the latter. I personally have not seen such fear in a few Christians of Turkey whom I have had contact with but again I haven't taken a poll on all of their numbers either.

Exactly you are not in the position to know.....

Then you state about Ataturk".. .he was guilty....For his ideas millions people of different nations were killed." 

What are the specifics please? Thats a big accusation to make. Need more info.

Need info for what????

And about that independant pontic state. Citizens of the black sea region of Turkey are going to vote for cessation? Is that it? Or are they thinking of another method? Who are they? The Laz? The Circassians? The Turks? The Greeks? Is that even lawfull to do? 

The Turks arrest Feth Culteppe wth the accusation of trying to organize the indepedence of Pontus as a different state...so dont sell these to me!!!

What is next, Turks or Albanians entitled to form a new independant country in northern Greece too? Get real!

Why they are not trying? You must start to live in reality pleaaaaaaaaase.........we are not living in Paradise neither people are angels....imagine the governments!

[/QUOTE]
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 16:36
LOL who is fethi culteppe? I dont think Trabzon will ever want to leave form Turkey. when this happened?
BirTane View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote BirTane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 16:58

LOL who is fethi culteppe? I dont think Trabzon will ever want to leave form Turkey. when this happened?

If you dont know who is Fethi...how you know that he was from Trabzon????????

Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 17:02

Birtane I am from Trabzon

I love in Istanbul but my home town is Trabzon.  Trabzon is the main greek city in pontus. 

BirTane View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote BirTane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 17:05

BirTane View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote BirTane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 17:11
But i didnt say this tatlim....dont accuse me for saying such things....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>