Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This Site May Have Been Hacked

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This Site May Have Been Hacked
    Posted: 05-May-2018 at 12:37
This message shows up on a Google search page.
Don't believe it.
It's from a scam outfit named Sitelock trying to extort nearly 1,000 from me to "protect" our site.

This is one of the main reasons for moving to a new host and new version of forum software.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2018 at 01:05
I don't think i have noticed any major problems with this site (only had a few brief problems a few times in last couple/few years). The words "may have" make one wonder. But, i have had problem this last week with spam dating emails starting to appear in my email, so maybe it has been hacked after all. Been one spam email a day for the last number of days, and now today was 3 in my mail box. I can't think anywhere i leaked my email online except a message to a yahoo group about a week ago, but that group is only members can view. Its abit late if it is from hacking since it means i may loose this only remaining decent email address if the spam gets worse (and even if it stays as bad as 1-3 a day its darn troublesome).
A year or so ago a few other sites like Linkedin claimed they were hacked and we had to go through annoying new security password changes. Whether or not it was true or contrived it is a pain hastle having to change passwords etc esp more than once. The extorting money might be part of it too.
NZ's mandatory fluoridation is not fair because it only forces it on the disadvantaged/some and not on the advantaged/everyone.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2018 at 10:53
No AR, the site has not been hacked. That's why I posted this. This is BS from the host.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2018 at 01:59
Ok thanks. Spam must be from somewhere else (yahoo groups or facebook or linkedin). Arthurian Society on facebook also recently said sites have been hacked.

Post Reply Post Reply