Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shocking (literally) police footage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shocking (literally) police footage
    Posted: 01-Jun-2005 at 17:44
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/news/video/taser_v ideo3a.html

Those cops look a little heavy handed to me.

Theres an arctile by Amesty International about excessive use of Tasers and other non-lethal weapons in the US Here (thanks to Mixcoatl for the link).
So what do you all think?

Edited by Cywr
Arrrgh!!"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2005 at 17:51
It's torture of the worst kind. Those policemen should thrown in jail for that.

From now on I'll laugh every time I hear Bush or one of his cronies speak the word "freedom".
TheodoreFelix View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2005 at 17:56

I have seen taser's being used lots of times on cop shows and never did the person react in such a fashion. They were usually hurt by it but never to THAT extent.

Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2005 at 18:03
You guys laughed at Bush whenever he said freedom before this why does this make a difference if they were doing there job and they have an actress on their hands?
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2005 at 18:49
Ive seen various new and old footage of tazers being used and never seen anyone react like this. She does seem to overreact. Regardless it should only be used as a last resort. They definately acted too quickly, wouldnt care if that cop gets suspended or fired.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2005 at 19:02
Originally posted by Iskender Bey ALBO

I have seen taser's being used lots of times on cop shows and never did the person react in such a fashion.

It seems to me that's because cop shows are not very likely to show people react in such a fashing, because that's bad promotion for the police.

Apart from that, I sooner believe AI than a cop show.
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2005 at 19:18

Well, people are supposed to do what the police officer tells them. It is also for the security of the policeman. Rightful citisen has no reason to disobey policeman's order.

Affcourse if such thing happend to me i would have sued the police to the court.

From this movie i dont get only one thing. Why did they arrest her? I guess not for driving too fast?

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2005 at 19:33
In the video "The traffic stop", he says that she was speeding, broken windshield, no seatbelt and a brake light was out. One of the brake lights does look to be out.
I think he also said that her liscense was suspended.
Illuminati View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Illuminati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2005 at 20:07
I'vee seen peopel tased in real life. That is a dramatic over-reaction.

Stun guns merely make the personal fall t the ground. They ususally can't use their muscles to move around all that much
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2005 at 20:14

Originally posted by Catt

In the video "The traffic stop", he says that she was speeding, broken windshield, no seatbelt and a brake light was out. One of the brake lights does look to be out.
I think he also said that her liscense was suspended.

Ok but why did they arrested her? None of the reasons above seems to be enough for being chained and arrested - at least in Europe.

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2005 at 21:12
Im not positive but driving with a suspended or revoked liscense are grounds to be taken in. He believed she was resisting and they dont like that.
Police are often too quick to call "resisting arrest" or "assaulting an officer" and consider them serious offences.

I have a feeling though that next time she gets pulled over, she wont be such a bitch.
General
General

Quote Illuminati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2005 at 21:48
You can't drive with a suspended license. It was suspended for a reason. The police arrested her because they can't allow her to drive back home or wherever she was going.  That would eb the only reason. you don't get arrested for causing an accident or having a broken brake light. You would only get a ticket.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2005 at 00:28
Originally posted by Mosquito

Originally posted by Catt

In the video "The traffic stop", he says that she was speeding, broken windshield, no seatbelt and a brake light was out. One of the brake lights does look to be out. I think he also said that her liscense was suspended.

Ok but why did they arrested her? None of the reasons above seems to be enough for being chained and arrested - at least in Europe.

It's not Europe so you are comparing apple to oranges. She was driving with a suspended license and in some states it is an arresting offense, it depend on the state and their laws. She did resist and frankly she way overreacted. I also thought the cop reacted to fast to a non threatening situation.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2005 at 07:03
According to Amnesty those things are possibly lethal (71 people died so far). So I think it's rather extreme to use it for a driving offense.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2005 at 02:49
They use it WAY too much.  And for what, a traffic stop? Gimme a break.  I dont trust the police and I never will. I think its a field for people who have a psychological need to power play.  I have a friend who was raped by police officers after she reported already being raped.  Now knowing they have these gestapo sticks makes me wonder what else they can force people into doing.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2005 at 06:35
Originally posted by Tobodai

I have a friend who was raped by police officers after she reported already being raped.

what? how is that even possible? are those officers brought to court?
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2005 at 15:20
well, i trust the police. Affcourse there always will be some black sheeps between them but in general they are all right. They have responsible job, somtimes dangerous and they dont earn much monay. But most of them is doing their best.
Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2005 at 15:38

They use it WAY too much.  And for what, a traffic stop? Gimme a break.  I dont trust the police and I never will. I think its a field for people who have a psychological need to power play.  I have a friend who was raped by police officers after she reported already being raped.  Now knowing they have these gestapo sticks makes me wonder what else they can force people into doing.

Why do I doubt the truth hear.  Oh, because it is a LIE!  No cop will rape someone if they are rapped.  Maybe like in some uncivilized country but not anywhere in America.  And those aren't Gestopo sticks.  They are used for protection because incase you forgot, they are defending your rights and saftey just as much as the Armed Forces.

General
General

Quote Illuminati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2005 at 17:40

I would have to say I trust cops. You have bad apples in every profession. I think saying that cops are evil and untrustworthy is an ignorant statement. One could make an argument that scientists are more evil than police officers are what with all the horrible things done in the name of science. Without police you have utter chaos in society.

Police officers put themselves in danger everyday for terrible pay. They go after drug dealers and murderers who would love nothing more than to kill them. If anything, police officers are to be respected.

Edited by Illuminati
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2005 at 22:27
Originally posted by Thegeneral

Why do I doubt the truth hear.  Oh, because it is a LIE!  No cop will rape someone if they are rapped.  Maybe like in some uncivilized country but not anywhere in America.  And those aren't Gestopo sticks.  They are used for protection because incase you forgot, they are defending your rights and saftey just as much as the Armed Forces.

You have a very strange and idealistic view of the world, and idealism is for fools.  Americans posses no inherent spiritual essence because they are born in North America over anyone else, theres only socio economic factors, and parts of the US are like 3rd countries.  You can have this view because you probably live in either an isolated area or an area of realtive wealth. 

And of course not all cops are bad, but a cop is a person, and all people taken in mass have problems.  Fortuenately th eone in question did go to jail, hence a jury found him guilty beyond a reasonabel doubt, thus legally, IT HAPPENED.  Your ignorant interjections aside the facts put that cop behind bars in a court of law.

And I cant think of a single way how the armed forces protect my rights by traipsing around the middle east and not even being able to get cheap gas, mucless anything else.  Cops I trust far more than the armed forces on the whole, at least in this society.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>