Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Arrowheadology.com Don't Waste Your Time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arrowheadology.com Don't Waste Your Time
    Posted: 06-Dec-2016 at 11:44
6-7 years ago I posted some pics asking for some help. All I got was a bunch of garbage accusing me of being someone named "I see rocks" and a load of useless crap.
5-6 pages of ridicule. Someone even found a post from World Historia accusing me of all kinds of heinous stuff.

But not one single piece of actual information or even close to a civil reply.

What brought this up is, after all this time, someone added a post and I was notified by email. Was it to add information? No, it was to add to the BS.

I twice tried to post a reply, but for whatever reason, I was banned.

I found other sites and folks who were helpful and more forthcoming with actual information and who took me seriously.

If your looking for actual info, the folks on that site are to self impressed and self important apparently to bother.

In other words, go somewhere else.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2016 at 12:53
Originally posted by red clay

6-7 years ago I posted some pics asking for some help. All I got was a bunch of garbage accusing me of being someone named "I see rocks" and a load of useless crap.
5-6 pages of ridicule. Someone even found a post from World Historia accusing me of all kinds of heinous stuff.

But not one single piece of actual information or even close to a civil reply.

What brought this up is, after all this time, someone added a post and I was notified by email. Was it to add information? No, it was to add to the BS.

I twice tried to post a reply, but for whatever reason, I was banned.

I found other sites and folks who were helpful and more forthcoming with actual information and who took me seriously.

If your looking for actual info, the folks on that site are to self impressed and self important apparently to bother.

In other words, go somewhere else.

No such thing first of all...other than in the minds of cliquists wannabes...who may or may not have expertise in ancient history..archaeology..anthropology etc. So I never would have bothered in the first place. As when one goes to such a place 2/3rds of your time is wasted trying to convince even a talented amateur that the historical method yet reigns supreme. 

amen.

Secondly...the proper terminology in archaeo terms is 'projectile point'...with two, broad, general sub classifications: spear-dart and arrow

Tho knives remain debatable; in that they are when thrown and not when not....consequently see above. Iow it's hell when ya don't even know the terminology.

And it's highly doubtful that any there could come close to the work of a Greg Perino and Bob Bell.

I know I couldn't ..yet his dedication and perserverance.. even self taught... remains a beacon yet to the amature and credentialed pro alike. And in his case... places him above many professionals who came later.

So I wouldn't lose any sleep.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2016 at 13:23
Tho and I just remembered... the 'ax'...as in 'throwing...kinda like the knife. Yes and no. Tho I cant remember right now which broad sub class has the lead on either. Iirc, they sorta fall into a sub sub of the spear-dart. Primarily because the spear-dart class is a single mechanism weapon..ie. thrown as a single object with no additional mechanism to asist it's use.

Unlike the arrow..which requires a means of propulsion ie..a bow. No bow... an arrow is merely a junior version of a spear... either in stabbing or if thrown

S. T. Friedman

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2016 at 05:53
Arrow and spear and sling need propulsion.Ancients considered them same.Nowdays amunition corresponds to it.
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2016 at 19:20
Originally posted by medenaywe

Arrow and spear and sling need propulsion.Ancients considered them same.Nowdays amunition corresponds to it.

multi system vs. singular. a spear is propelled by a man using his body alone in general either throwing or stabbing... tho a spear might also be used via a sling. this then incorporates a mutli system...ie. the body and an additional mechanism.

+Bow+ arrow+man = multi system
throwing ax+man = singlular etc etc.

S. T. Friedman

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2016 at 00:52
When you say munition archer is imperative even it is a Drone.Smile

Edited by medenaywe - 09-Dec-2016 at 05:41
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2016 at 12:52
yup... a drone is also a' multi system'.... as it is either controlled by man or computer.....high tech version of a bow and arrow.

S. T. Friedman

Post Reply Post Reply