Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Basic Questions on Egypt, Sumer, Indus, China,Peru

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
What ancient civilizationis older:Egypt, Sumer, Indus, Peru, or China?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [36.36%]
4 [36.36%]
1 [9.09%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [18.18%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
rakovsky View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rakovsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Basic Questions on Egypt, Sumer, Indus, China,Peru
    Posted: 25-Aug-2016 at 18:42
Egypt

1. What does NTR(god) mean?
Something Animated/Living/Shaking/Agitated? (Nathar in Hebrew, connoting Natron)?
A Stranger? (Nakir in Arabic)?

Loose connotation: Nut(heavens) + Ra (sun)
Secondary Meaning: Something Pure

2. Did Egyptians have Monotheism?
Yes, some did (see eg. Gen. 41 & 2 Chron. 35; Works of E. Budge and Jim Allen)

3. Which Egyptian gods most resemble the supreme, ultimate god like Jehovah or Shang Di?
NTR (in Budge's explanation of NTR in monotheism)
Amun (the Hidden One)
Ptah (the Fashioner, Opener)

4. Did ETs, paranormal forces or lost advanced technology help make the pyramids or grow Egypt?
No direct, solid evidence of this, only guesses or hypotheses by some like Graham Hancock

5. Are amazing discoveries waiting in Egypt?
Yes, if you find Egyptology's discoveries that we have so far like King Tut's tomb amazing. I hope they dig for the hidden rooms in and around the Great Pyramid

6. Cool movies about Egypt
Gods of Egypt
Cosmos spacetime odyssey

7. Cool games
Age of Mythology
Age of Pyramids

8. Ongoing interest or traces
Coptic Churches
Museums
Kemetic groups
Chamomile & Hibiscus & Licorice

Bonus Question: Which is older: Egyptian, Sumerian, or Indus Civilization?

And before you answer, note that Nekhen was the capitol of pre-dynastic Egypt.
  • The original settlement on the Nekhen site dates from the culture known as Naqada I of 4400 BC or the late Badarian culture that may date from 5000 BC. At its height from about 3400 BC, Nekhen had at least 5,000 and possibly as many as 10,000 inhabitants.
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nekhen

Edited by rakovsky - 25-Aug-2016 at 18:52
rakovsky View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote rakovsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2016 at 18:58
Sumer

1. What is the etymology of Dingir (God)?

2. Which came first, An or Nammu?

3. What stories are there about An?

4. Did Sumerians have monotheism?

5. What cool movies or games are there with Sumer?
Age of Empires I
Others?

6. What movements, groups, or major traces openly and directly remain from  Sumer?

Bonus Question: What Ethnic and Linguistic families did Sumer belong to?

rakovsky View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote rakovsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2016 at 19:15
Animation break

Edited by rakovsky - 25-Aug-2016 at 19:17
rakovsky View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote rakovsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2016 at 21:58
Indus

1. Which school of Hinduism - Dvaita or Advaita - is either older, more widespread, or a more correct concept?

2. Which Hindu deity most resembles the Abrahamic God Jehovah or the Supreme god of China - Shang Di? That is, which most is a creator, ultimate original one true God?

3. What language group or ethnic family was Indus society?

4. What major direct traces are left of it and continuing?
Hinduism and Yoga and Aryurvedic medicine, I suppose.

5. Any cool movies or games about the Indus or Hinduism?
rakovsky View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote rakovsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2016 at 22:07
Ancient Peru

1. What was their prehistoric religion like?

2. Did they have monotheism?

3. Who were their main or creator god(s)?
Viracocha I think may have bee one.

4. Did Peru have contact with Egypt or is there some relationship between their cultures?
Or did Peruvian culture basically develop on its own with no help from other civilizations (minus, say, Polynesians as per Theyerdahl)?

5. What is the strongest evidence/argument that Peru had lost advanced technology?

6. Any cool books or movies?

7. Any direct traces remaining?
Cool music, I guess, for one.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2016 at 00:21
Are you selling Chamomile & Hibiscus & Licorice?
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2018 at 05:08
Originally posted by rakovsky

Bonus Question: What Ethnic and Linguistic families did Sumer belong to?

Sumerian language is said to not be certainly related to any modern language family.
Sumerian has often been grouped with Ural-Altaic/Turanian because it has some similarities with Finnish and Hungarian. One source said Gudea of Lagash had a Turanian-like clothing?
Sumerian has been connected with Aryan/Japhetic by some scholars (Myatt, Hrozny, Waddell, Childe?)
Sumerians have also been linked by some with Dravidians/Tamils. Maori has also been connected with Dravidian/Tamil by some scholars.
Shumer/Sumeria has been linked by some biblical scholars with Shinar or Shem or .... Some older sources said Sumerians are Cushites in the Bible. Bible calls Rome "Babylon".
Akkadian is Semitic.
Some sources like Childe said there were 3 or 4 ethnic groups in Sumeria including Sumerians, Semites, Hamites, Japhethites.
Coon and Baker said Sumerians were ultradolichocephalic/Afghanian/Capelids and Mediterraneans, and later also partly brachcephalic/Armenoid (and little or no traces of Mongoloid or Negroid, though some older scholars proposed connections with African Pygmies or Bushmen?). They have been called proto-Arabs.
(?Baker and) Waddell connected Sumerians with Kurds and the latter with "proto-Nordics".
I think Coon said some prehistoric British were similar to Sumerians?
Some sources have suggested Sumerians might be Caucasian (same family as Hurrians, Subarians, Guti, Elamites, Georgians).
Green bottles with Chinese symbols were found at [Nippur?]

NZ's mandatory fluoridation is not fair because it only forces it on the disadvantaged/some and not on the advantaged/everyone.
Aeoli View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Aeoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2018 at 09:26
Actually, really good question. 

Is there any sumerian mthy about migration or their first came?

General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2018 at 18:32

Yes one is that the Sumerians (said they) came from Dilmun (also in myth of Enki).
Ragozin also had a theory about Zigurats aligned to Arali/Aralu in north-east.
Sitchin claimed that the Anunnaki came from planet Nibiru.
Enuma Elish has Marduk (or Asshur) creating world/man and building Babylon/Babel.
Bible has Nimrod founding cities of Shinar.
But Sumerians are pretty much more or  less the earliest/first civilisation after the Flood.
Sumerian king list says kingship descended from heaven.
Babylonians had Oannes bringing culture from the Persian Gulf / Red Sea.
Hancock once suggested Atlantis was an equal distance from Sumer and Egypt in Indian Ocean.
Waddell had Danubian and Anatolian preceeding Sumerian.

NZ's mandatory fluoridation is not fair because it only forces it on the disadvantaged/some and not on the advantaged/everyone.
Sharrukin View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Sharrukin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2018 at 20:15
There is NO Sumerian myth about migrations or entering Sumer.   The myths describe Dilmun as a paradise (like the Garden of Edenj) and an abode of deities however these same narratives never say that the Sumerians came from there.   Instead, the creation myths ONLY say that the world originated from the abzu (about the Persian Gulf) and that Eridu was the first Sumerian city (where the abzu was enshrined).   Here is where the MES, the "laws of civilization" were kept by Enki until Inanna had them stolen and taken to Uruk.    Uruk subsequently became the largest settlement and perhaps the real first city.     

General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2018 at 03:19

Ok, thanks, interesting. Though it was not mine it was from Savill in Pears (and might have been some others too).
(I have also heard claims that the Egyptians or their gods were claimed to come from Punt.)
I agree that Dilmun in Enki myths seems sort of like a colony in virgin territory. It might be connected with Indus or Elam.
Epic of Gilgamesh seems to imply Gilgamesh had Utnapishtim as an ancestor and that the latter was translated to Dilmun soon after the flood.
Rohl suggested Eridu/Urdu (or Nunki) was the site of Babel. Courville apparently suggested Uruk was site of Babel. Some have connected Eridu with Irad/Jared of Genesis.
Interesting about Eridu then Uruk.
Not sure about the Abzu, is that just from the Eridu connection? Sitchin had Abzu in Africa i think (not saying i agree just discussing claims). I think the Red Sea was associated with a demon with a name similar to Abzu in Pseudepigrapha?

Sharrukin View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Sharrukin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2018 at 17:59
Abzu in the Babylonian creation myth was the primeval fresh waters while Tiamat was the salt waters.  It was their union which resulted in the birth of the gods.    The Persian gulf was where the fresh waters met the salt waters.    When the gods murdered Abzu, Tiamat was enraged and warred with the gods who slew her.   From her body the heavens and the earth were created.   During Sumerian times, Eridu was actually a port city on the Persian Gulf when the waters were further inland.    Both Eridu and Ur used to be port cities!!!!     Hence, the E-abzu the "House of the Deep Waters" the main temple of Eridu was near the Persian Gulf where the original Abzu was!!!!
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2018 at 03:25

Abzu was kept in a spell after the Flood which made me think that it was the flood waters and maybe the ice or underground/undersea waters. Apsu was upset at noise of mankind and wanted to wipe them out, like El/Yah was upset at mans sin/noise and sent flood to wipe them out. Ea slew Apsu and Marduk slew Tiamat and then created the world. So i am not sure Apsu (sweet/fresh subterranean/deep water) was at/near Gulf/Eridu (salt water). Though Eridu is very early in history and myth. Eridu's situation is similar (inversed) to Tiwanaku (Atlantis) near Titicaca. But i accept that you might be right from what you say. Enki/Ea was called Lugal-abzu(ak) and Ea/Enki was at Eridu.
(PS I remember Sitchin had Apsu as the sun in his "12 planets".
I wonder if Apsu is connected with Supay (Peru) or Ahpuch (Maya)? Abaddon in Revelation/Apocalypse is maybe similar to Abzu.)

Edited by Arthur-Robin - 23-Oct-2018 at 03:28
Atlantean35 View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Atlantean35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2018 at 09:07
From what I can posit, Atlantis may have several or at least two locations. One is in the Aegean Sea, with a guess that this is the Atlantis that sank into the sea or got destroyed by a volcano. The other is in the East Africa Highlands where the Nile River originates, which can be inferred to be the 'Atlantes' people referenced by Herodotus. But overall the group in the East Africa Highlands would have to take precedence as the origin point of the Atlanteans. (I imagine it would be like how the Celts have multiple places named after a certain "gaul")

The Sahara desert probably represented a formidable barrier for ancient humans, who probably didn't even have the skills to make a water pouch. Thus, the only way to cross this barrier to make contacts between Africa and Eurasia was to walk along the Nile River. This might be the reason there were light skinned Africans in these mountains up the Nile River. But in appearance, they were probably a mixed group of Africans and lighter Eurasian "proto-forms". Because again, the Nile River. The Sahara stretches from ocean to ocean and you can't drink sea water. Only the Nile cuts through the entire Sahara desert.

But what is clear is this group in Africa rose to prominence and likely were responsible for a quantum leap in technology and the establishment of basically every one of the oldest ancient civilization. And they likely did this by first developing technology and seafaring capabilities on the lakes at the sources of the Nile River. Then eventually putting these ships out into the oceans. I'm not sure about the exact reason for this sudden technological emergence there but maybe it had to do with getting the right mix of ancient African and Eurasian straits, or maybe a very favorable animal domestication, with the latter being the more better theory in my opinion.

The only apparent problem with this theory is that the level of Eurasian migration into Africa would appear to be almost zero. If there had been a migration into Africa, a very small percentage of Africans, especially in East Africa, should have an appropriate level of Neanderthal genetics. But as far as I know, its basically zero percent. Thus it might seem better to say this ancient group originated from the Middle East in Anatolia or Mesopotamia. Still, that's impossible. Ground zero has to be East Africa if we go by what the Egyptian believed, plus several other reasons. So perhaps these lighter Africans eventually left or became extinct in Africa, thus taking most of the Eurasian components out of Africa.

Sumeria started with a couple of port cities. They were probably founded by seafarers. And these seafarers really only should have developed their capabilities somewhere on the Nile River or at its sources.

The oldest technologically ascendant group were Africans who had a sizeable percentage of Eurasian mixture through their location at the only traverseable gateway between Africa and Eurasia for ancient humans. But I'm guessing that they mostly migrated out of Africa to other places once migrations became easier, because the sun was probably too intense in Africa. First establishing themselves in the Middle East and then heading further north, east, and west.

It's also thought that Africans before the Bantu Expansion had smaller eyes (sort of like Nelson Mandela I guess), so maybe this "Atlantean" group sailed over and founded East Asian civilization and its the reason for the smaller eyes in East Asia and often in Amerindians. And by maybe, I really mean they probably did and that is what I essentially believe. (These seafarers could have easily colonized the Americas from both sides, since I don't believe these seafarers were using primitive ships, but rather relatively advanced, large, and well crafted wooden vessels capable of traversing the open oceans. Basically applying the precision and engineering ability of the pyramids to seafaring vessels, so its not that difficult to imagine. Also carbon dating is misleading, and its probably off by an exponential scale. I'd probably put the oldest civilization at about 4000-6000 years before present, with the Amerindians arriving only around the time of the oldest civilization's appearance.)

PS. I voted for Egypt being older than Sumeria. The Nile is more stable for long term agriculture and development. My intuition just tells me it looks older, even without having to factor in the understanding that it is closer in proximity to the East African Highlands.

Edited by Atlantean35 - 26-Oct-2018 at 09:40
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2018 at 20:19

Atlantis capital city was pretty certainly Tiahuanaco/Tiwanku in Peru/Bolivia. Peru is the  oldest civilisation in Americas and one of the oldest in the world but not older than Sumerian.
The 9000 years in Atlantis Account is certainly not literal, there are a number of possible decipherments but it remains unsure what the correct one is. Atlantis is post-flood in Biblcal.
Aegean sea is too close to Egypt and Greece. Atlantis was a large island land-mass and it was beyond pillars of Hercules, beyond Atlas mountains, and remote ("little contact with other mortals") and the are called "invaders" (and conquered up to Tyrrhenia and Libya/Egypt). Though Thera and Troy and Minoan Crete etc seem to have close ties with Atlanteans (colonies? trade?) but they are not the Atlantis. Some West African tribes also seemingly may have links with Atlanteans.

The meaning of Japheth's name in the bible implies a father of inventions etc. (He might be linked with Djeheuty/Thoth?) Atlanteans did have various scientific and technological and architectural inventions. Andes might be connected with origin of blond & fair.

Predynastic Egyptian Semainian culture as links with proto-Sumerian Uruk & Djemdet Nasr cultures.
The bible does maybe agre Hamites/Cushites "Africans" were oldest but it also has Sumerian as the oldest post-flood civilisation.
I could not be sure wether Sumerian or Egyptian is older but i tend to think all world comes from Sumerian/Babel rather than Egypt(ian). (Though Babel might be linked with Egyptian Benben?) Bible has Cush before Egypt/Mizraim, though Ham before Cush (and Egypt was also called Ham/Kemi). Not definite where Cush was though Cush son of Amun may be linked with Khuns son of Ham. (Cush could be Kush/Ethiopia, Congo, Caucasus, Susa, etc.)
Orthodox dating dates for Egyptian and prehistoric European and Near Eastern are all unreliable. Khufu/Cheops of 4th dynasty was pretty surely Jacob.

Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Atlantean35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2018 at 02:00
I don't doubt that some of the Ameridians originated from a mixture of people who resided in the Middle East, specifically around the fertile crescent. A lot of Amerindians have aquiline noses which is fairly specific to the Middle East, which goes to show they were probably Phoenicians or an early form of this group. (Even though it was also probably settled by another Atlantean group via the Pacific) What I'm saying is the group that founded Egyptian and Sumerian civilization likely came from up the Nile River in East Africa, and that these are the Atlanteans. A group that invented major leaps in technology, that established essentially all of the oldest civilizations.

I have to be honest. There are studies that indicate that Eurasian proto-groups were all dark skinned. I just ignored this in the previous post. But we may have to readdress this. It's a mystery why light skin appeared, but it could have something to do with not eating meat and having vegetarian diets, something Herodotus mentioned about his 'Atlantes' people. But I think this process began in the East African highlands, or for some reason Africans always used to be light skinned until a recent expansion of darker African group, the Bantu.

We often think dark skin correlates to sunlight intensity, but I believe this is a misunderstanding. The actual correlation is to jungle environments. This is why there are lighter skinned African bushmen in the highlands of southern Africa, who are born with essentially a yellowish skin tone. The Atlanteans were born of this African backdrop when yellowish-tanned Africans were dominant, not the current African backdrop after the Bantu expansion made the continent darker in skin tone. Herodotus implies that the 'Atlantes' were lighter in skin tone, because they basically tried to stay out of the sun.

(Sorry if my writing style or language skills are poor. In ancient times, I might have had a scribe write my ideas. I see myself more as a good thinker than a good scribe. Most of the brilliant ancient thinkers never really wrote down their own ideas. Rather it was written down by someone else and credited.)

Edited by Atlantean35 - 27-Oct-2018 at 02:17
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2018 at 12:17

I dont agree that Atlantis is older than Sumer and Egypt, but i respect your opinions and right to say them and thanks for some interesting comments some of which could possibly be right.
If Atlantis is your thing you might like to check out Atlantis Online forum and Atlantis Rising forum and Atlantipedia, and Arcus website of "theelf". There are Atlantis threads/topics in this forum too.
We are perhaps getting slightly off topic here (though i dont mean any moderator-like implication, just that i have to be careful i dont get in trouble myself).
There are some suggestions for origin of fair/bleached/albino skin/hair/eyes including Andes, ice age, grains diet, fair daughters of men in Genesis 6, Cain banished from face of God/earth/"sun", aliens/Pleiadians, high northern/polar latitude, etc. Polar bears are also fair/white/pinkish.
A red/Mediterranean/"Eurafrican" race was perhaps the first race, and the lighter and darker extremes came afterwards. Adam can mean "red/earth/man". Ripley reduced the 3 great races to two races African (or Eurafrican) and Asian (or Eurasiatic), perhaps abit like Cain and Abel?

Edited by Arthur-Robin - 27-Oct-2018 at 12:24
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Atlantean35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2018 at 03:40
I made a slight mistake. Not all proto-Eurasians were necessarily dark.

It could be that the same situation in the African highlands is mirrored in the Anatolian highlands. What I mean to say is, around the Caucasus mountains and the Anatolian highlands, might be where the "white" trait of Europeans come from. But we can't say this is the only source of light skin. Proto-Europeans were dark according to recent studies. The highlands of Europe were probably too cold to live in for ancient humans. But Anatolian highlands might have a chance because its further south. But these Anatolian highlanders probably kept themselves isolated somehow because Proto-Europeans were different from them. And the Anatolian highlanders were cold evolved. Thus, they can't be the Atlanteans. It's just that simple. Whatever you think about the Middle East's role in ancient history, its wrong. Middle East has no chance of being the oldest civilization.

Edited by Atlantean35 - 28-Oct-2018 at 07:16
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2018 at 01:23
One evidence that Sumer is older than Atlantis is that in Genesis 10 the great city of Asshur seems to maybe match Tiahuanaco/Atlantis capitalcity, and Genesis says he went from Shinar to Asshur. (See notes on Nineveh, Calah, Resen here http://www.allempires.com/forum/ebook_view.asp?BookID=105&ChapterID=1596 .) This is also similar to that Tiahuanaco at south end of Titicaca lake is similar to Eridu at north end of Persian Gulf.
Also Meskiaggusheir went up into the mountains in Sumerian king list which some like Sitchin think might be the Andes (and is similar to Poseidon in the Atlantis Account). Also Menes ebony label has Atlantis spirals and he went to Urani land of sunset in the west from Egypt.
Also the 3 pyramids of Sipan in Andean region are similar to 3 pyramids of Giza in Egypt.
Atlantis is surely post flood in Biblical history since it was a separate landmass to Old World, and only it sank not all the world (Noah flood surely was global). Though the Atlantis "sinking" in "Plato's" account may have also conflated in the Noachian Flood with the Atlantis "sinking".

To say whether Sumer or Egypt or Atlantis/Peru or other is older one has to find if there evidences for the others coming from the one supposed to be older. Eg is there evidence that Sumerian came from Egyptian or that Egyptian came from Sumerian. (This can also include dating/chronology but only if the dates are definitely proven right and are not unreliable dating methods. Many orthodox dating methods are unreliable esp for Egyptian.)

* edit post summarized great city of Asshur match with Tiahuanaco/Atlantis city in table:

1 Great city of Asshur in Genesis 10

Tiahuanaco / Tiwanaku in Peru / Bolivia / Andes

Atlantis capital city in the Atlantis Account of "Plato"

1 Great city of Asshur

Tiahuanaco the "cradle of American man" and "Baalbek of New World", and Eldorado/Manoa? and Akakor/Akator?

Atlantis capital city

Nineveh "abode/dwelling of Ninus/fish/Nina"

Akapana (which has evidence of water fed into various parts of it)? or else Pumapunku (Puma matches Ninus/Nimrod "subduer of the spotted one")

the big/small Hill/mountain (which is the dwelling/temple/grove of Clito (& Poseidon))? or else to temple or palace?

Calah "vigour, firm rugged strength"

Kalasasaya? or else Pumapunku?

palace/temple/citadel/acropolis of Atlantis/Poseidon?

Resen
"halter/bridle/jaw (of crocodile)" ("between Nineveh & Calah")
("the great city"?)

"canal" around central Tiwanaku (like 2 pincers, between Kalasasaya/Akapana
& Pumapunku)?

ring(s) of Atlantis; ditch "comes to city from either/both/two sides

Rehoboth(-Ir) "(the)
broadplaces/streets/avenues (of the city/river)"

(Tiwanaku &) "Altiplano"
(with its geoglyphs),
& the Dessaguadero canal.

(The "central ground" and/or rings and/or) "large Plain"/country of Atlantis city/island, and the canal/ditch

"all these the great city" (of Asshur). (Different translations/interpretations have either 1 "great city", or 3 or 4 cities of Asshur with 1 of them called "great".)

3/4 major components/structures of greater
Tiwanaku (Akapana, Kalasasaya/gateway, (Kantatayita,) PumaPunku,
(Lukurmata))

buildings/rings of Atlantis city?

Asshur ("to go in a straight line"?) or Nimrod (Ninus)

Viracocha (and "route of Viracocha") or Puma or Naymlap or Manco Capac. Sitchin said Andes the realm of Ishkur (because of Candelabra lightning symbol, because of Rimac, because of evidence of bull)

Poseidon

Above is the 1 great city scenario possible match(es). Below is the 3 or 4 cities scenario possible matches:

3/4 cities of Asshur (1 of them great) in Genesis 10

5 sites in Route of Viracocha in Peru

3 Windows in Peruvian tradition

Calah "vigour, firm rugged strength"

Macchu-Picchu or Olantaytampo or Cuzco (north)?

or else Tiwanaku/Kalasasaya/Atlantis or Pucara or Cuzco (south)?

Tampu-tocco ("Macchu-Picchu")?

or else Sutic-tocco? (left/right window)

Resen "halter/bridle/jaw (of crocodile)" (between Nineveh & Calah) (great city)

Cuzco (between MP & Tiwanaku) or Pucara or Olantayampo

Maras-tocco (middle window)?

Nineveh "abode/dwelling of Ninus/fish/Nina"

Tiwanaku/Atlantis or Pucara or Cuzco (south)?

or else Macchu-Picchu/Intihuatana or Olantaytampo or Cuzco (north)?

Sutic-tocco?

or else Tampu-tocco? (right/left window)

Rehoboth-Ir "(the)
broadplaces/streets/avenues (of the city/river)"

"Altiplano" & geoglyphs around Tiwanaku (south) (Atlantis large plain & channels)?

3 or 4 cities of Asshur

5 sites on route of Viracocha, some equidistant from preceding and succeeding sites

3 windows in a line

Asshur ("to go in a straight line"?) or Nimrod (Ninus)

Viracocha (and "route of Viracocha") or Puma or Naymlap or Manco Capac. Sitchin said Andes the realm of Ishkur (because of Candelabra lightning symbol, because of Rimac, because of evidence of bull)

Poseidon

(sorry some text has gone wrong size/font but too awkward to edit in here.)

Edited by Arthur-Robin - 30-Oct-2018 at 04:13
Sharrukin View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Sharrukin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2018 at 01:30
This isn't complicated.   Asshur was ASSHUR, the ancient LAND and CAPITAL of the Assyrians, not Tiwanaku or Atlantis.    Even the Nimrod account makes that quite clear.  From Shinar (where the cities of Babylon, Uruk, and Akkad were within) he went to ASSHUR and built Nineveh and Calah among other places which are easily identifiable as the Assyrian cities of Ninua and Kalhu.   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>