Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is the Egyptian word NTR(god) from Nut/Neith + Ra?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: What is the origin of the Egyptian term for god, NTR?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
33 [89.19%]
3 [8.11%]
1 [2.70%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
rakovsky View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rakovsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is the Egyptian word NTR(god) from Nut/Neith + Ra?
    Posted: 09-Aug-2016 at 20:05
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

http://www.hopi-nsn.gov/

Under 'Contact'.. direct your research thru the Office of the Chairman and or Director of Education for additional information..sources..links that verify this well known traditional cultural identification,

A claim I've read is that the word Ant is Anu and the word Friends is Naki, so Ant Friends is Anu Naki. But I didn't read it in scholarship.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2016 at 21:52
I provided you an excellent link. You want more than that do as it suggest.

I'm not in the habit of doing this for anybody gratis.

You want that then expect to be billed for personal service rendered.

That link might well lead you to academic sources of verification of the type you require. You decide.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 09-Aug-2016 at 21:54
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

rakovsky View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote rakovsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2016 at 23:19

That link might well lead you to academic sources of verification of the type you require. You decide.

If someone is making the claim that either Ant Friends or Ant People in Hopi language is Anu Naki, then the burden is on him/her, the claimant, to provide sufficiently authoritative evidence to prove his/her claim to a reasonable degree.

rakovsky View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote rakovsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2016 at 23:29
Here is what I found:
Anu = Red Ant

The 12 phratries and their dependent clans as represented in the East Mesa villages are as follows:

1. Ala-Lengya ( Horn-flute) phratry: Ala (Horn), Pangwa (Mountain sheep), Sowiinwa (Deer), Chubio (Antelope ), Chaizra ( Elk), Lehu (Seed grass), Shiwanu (Ant), Anu (Red-ant), Tokoamu (Black-ant), Wukoanu (Great-ant) Leliotu (Tiny-ant), Shakwalengya (Blue flute), Masilengya (Drab or All-colors flute).

Naki = Want - See also Neki = Think - From Uto Azetecan root words.

Consequently, what we have (thus far) for a genuine transliteration in regard to the Hopi "Anu Naki" are the terms: Red Ant, Want or Think, which still cannot be qualified as meaning the phrase Ant Friends, yet.

http://lunaticoutpost.com/archive/index.php?thread-520671-3.html
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2016 at 02:24
Originally posted by rakovsky

If someone is making the claim that either Ant Friends or Ant People in Hopi language is Anu Naki, then the burden is on him/her, the claimant, to provide sufficiently authoritative evidence to prove his/her claim to a reasonable degree.

Yup I'm aware of all that. Been teaching and have taught at various academic levels that the "Burden of Proof" rule of reason is a staple. However at this point it's been made clear by the original initiator of the claim. He didn't have the time presently to find an academic source that might still not meet with your concurrence or approval.

Consequently the advice rendered previous still stands.

S. T. Friedman

rakovsky View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote rakovsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2016 at 19:21
  • "Been teaching and have taught at various academic levels that the "Burden of Proof" rule of reason is a staple. However at this point it's been made clear by the original initiator of the claim."

Does merely asserting "In their language Annu means Ant and Naki means friend, Ant Friends. " meet a reasonable burden of proving that Anu Naki means Ant People?

If so, how?

Edited by rakovsky - 10-Aug-2016 at 19:25
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2016 at 22:25
Your asking the wrong person the question you pose. Ask the originator of the claim.

Or you might query: Diane Joyce Humetewa. She is a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Arizona.

Otoh, 'oral tradition' and cultural development history as maintained by the former should not be immediately discounted. Tho the 'method' teaches us that we should seek contextual primary evidentiary sources that can be confirmed as consistent with others wherever possible... in many cases they must include oral. As there may be insufficient direct primary to verify.

Which is to say, and it's my final word on this matter, countless Hopi believe what has been asserted.

Stay inquisitive.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 10-Aug-2016 at 22:27

S. T. Friedman

rakovsky View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote rakovsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2016 at 01:16
If you are interested in the theory of ancient Advanced technology, in the Americas, it seems to me that Norte Chico and Puma Punku are key places to look. It is fascinating to me that Peruvian society in the Norte Chico region began to build its neolithic structures, maybe including pyramids and temples, in 4000-2500 BC, the same era when Egyptian society was emerging as a literate neolithic civilization.
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2016 at 19:17

Your asking the wrong person the question you pose. Ask the originator of the claim.

Or you might query: Diane Joyce Humetewa. She is a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Arizona.

Otoh, 'oral tradition' and cultural development history as maintained by the former should not be immediately discounted. Tho the 'method' teaches us that we should seek contextual primary evidentiary sources that can be confirmed as consistent with others wherever possible... in many cases they must include oral. As there may be insufficient direct primary to verify.

Which is to say, and it's my final word on this matter, countless Hopi believe what has been asserted.

Stay inquisitive.

And I failed to remember to add... that if you discount oral traditions and the beliefs of thousands as adequate academic sources or proofs....that...remains your prerogative. But just as easily as you might reject that or them...they will do the same to you.

S. T. Friedman

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2016 at 19:24
Originally posted by rakovsky

If you are interested in the theory of ancient Advanced technology, in the Americas, it seems to me that Norte Chico and Puma Punku are key places to look. It is fascinating to me that Peruvian society in the Norte Chico region began to build its neolithic structures, maybe including pyramids and temples, in 4000-2500 BC, the same era when Egyptian society was emerging as a literate neolithic civilization.

Yup 40 plus years ago I was interested....long before neo revisionists or unqualified and trained novices and theorists were promulgating various theorems. Or banding about theories of alien influences. None of which is to say I reject out of hand or.... the possibility of diffusion and or assimilation thru exploration and communication, exchanges of culture etc.

Even given the technical capabilities and abilities to promote such exchange as recognized and accepted by mainstream academia today...of the contextual eras in question.

I'm no longer interested in it.

But I am in whether or not I catch some nice brown trout tomorrow.

So carry on admirably but I am finished here.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 11-Aug-2016 at 19:25

S. T. Friedman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12