Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79
    Posted: 13-Feb-2016 at 18:28
The Lion of the right now gone.

Who what or when his replacement; is yet to be determined.
http:// nypost.com/2016/02/13/supreme-court-justice-antonin-scalia-dead-at-79/
http://nypost.com/2016/02/13/supreme-court-justice-antonin-scalia-dead-at-79/

Edited by medenaywe - 14-Feb-2016 at 01:53
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2016 at 04:53
BTW - recenlty I had an American client and we have talked a bit about USA. He told me that for 9 judges of the US Supreme Court 5 are catholics and 4 are Jews. Is it truth? My guess was that all judges are white and protestant so I was a bit astonished.
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2016 at 16:49
All accurate...to include Scalia a devout RC. Last Prot was JP Stevens (retired in 10).

More interesting, if ya into demographics, that is, is that C. Thomas is not something else considering he's black and from the south...a traditional conservative stronghold for Prots especially Baptists.

otoh he was raised by his maternal Gp's in Savannah which has always had a strong RC presence. For a short period he considered the priesthood and even attended an RC seminary.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2016 at 11:49
Truth! Ruth Ginzberg and 3 others are jewish, and Clarence Thomas is African American.

The days of an entirely male WASP court were over long ago.

There are rumors here that Poland is returning to an old style Soviet type of Government, is this true?
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2016 at 16:27
Originally posted by red clay

There are rumors here that Poland is returning to an old style Soviet type of Government, is this true?

Its the leftist propaganda. We just got conservative rightist goverment which said that there will be no muslim migrants admitted to Poland and which is no longer going to make policy according to German and French wishes. But most of European countries are being ruled by leftist goverments and they became mad that Poland is ruled by the goverment which is not going to support farther integration within European Union.
A friend of mine who is a migrant from Belgium and lives here already for 10 years says that we in Poland got far bigger freedom than this in his own country or in Holland (he is a Dutch speaking Flammand from Bruges) especialy the freedom of speech.

In the European parliament conservative minority fully supports Poland, while the leftist majority is trying to present Poland as no longer a democratic country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr9Uc9_gjkM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUzfpYr7Wn0

Edited by Mosquito - 25-Feb-2016 at 17:02
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
 Post Reply Post Reply