Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prominent experts call for ban on AI weapons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prominent experts call for ban on AI weapons
    Posted: 28-Jul-2015 at 19:14
There goes the 'terminator' and or the battle suits from 'Starship Troopers'.

Not.

They...ie the powers that be... don't give a rats tootie about Stevie Hawkins opinion. And it's reflective of either his 'naivety or vanity' for him to think other.

see: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/284146/prominent-experts-call-for-ban-on-ai-weapons

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 28-Jul-2015 at 19:15
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2015 at 13:46
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

There goes the 'terminator' and or the battle suits from 'Starship Troopers'.

Not.

They...ie the powers that be... don't give a rats tootie about Stevie Hawkins opinion. And it's reflective of either his 'naivety or vanity' for him to think other.

see: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/284146/prominent-experts-call-for-ban-on-ai-weapons

I'm pretty sure, CV, that the call is as much of a warning as a call, for exactly the reasons you are claiming for the callers, naivety and vanity. You yourself admit they won't give a rats tootie, which I take it you have personal knowledge. So pretty much as in Terminator. How does the quote go again, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" Albeit from a believable fictional source, many would say. I'm more inclined to add a more thought provoking adage/quote, "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2015 at 14:12
Alani ole pard I don't disagree with the intent behind the perceived danger. Any tech without serious safety controls be it civil or mil is dangerous.

But u be correct. My experience with the defense-industrial-security interests agencies-corporate world..... tells me that RDA will continue and nobody is paying attention to Stevie.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 31-Jul-2015 at 10:17

S. T. Friedman

J.A.W. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote J.A.W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2015 at 00:45
Maybe S.H. is a hopin' the A.I. 'singularity' will arrive in time
for 'Skynet' to provide him with a cool bionic cyborg chassis..

I think the eugenics/useless mouths decision will be an inevitable
(& correct) outcome of the A.I.S. - quite frankly..
Be Modest In Thyself..
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2015 at 10:20
Maybe. But the fact that eugenics and elimination of a sizeable portion of the population is allegedly still a goal of the 'elitists'....remains in vogue.

Should be interesting.

S. T. Friedman

Post Reply Post Reply