Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAE 2015 issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: AE 2015 issues
    Posted: 30-Jun-2015 at 21:06
Hello, ever since the "apologies the site was down" in april i have had some troubles/problems/issues that i had never had here before:

- the forum keeps logging me out (despite selecting keep logged in) each visit and even on same visits. (This also has now started to effect "admin" option in ebooks.) (Strangely it wouldn't post this as it had again annoyingly logged me out, even though also says unregistered users may post.)

- i can't goto AE directly via [history]/address bar anymore, only via the "forum" link in ebooks (even though exactly the same address). The direct address bar keeps going to the forum host site instead (which for ages had me fooled that the forum was still down. The ebooks does work directly though (hence we were able to post our 12 battles of Arthur and our Wonders of Britain ebooks/papers/theses there).)

- i thought previously we could edit posts long after, but now it seems the time is much shorter (like on historum)?

- when the forum was down and/or when still fooled that it was still down we had no way to contact any of the main AE admins/moderators (and/or offer donations to help host fees as we thought that either that or an attack from likes of historum/discoveries-enemies was the reason)

I'll just add couple other comments:

A few years ago i didn't like how the old posts were all archived, but it was good when they were restored to main forum after last time the forum was down a couple of years ago when AE was attacked about time of AE - World Historia split incident. (I noticed world historia have archived their old posts and they also have a separate library forum too, which is abit of a pain having 3 separate forums/sites. Incidentally i was worried when site was down &/or thought it was still down that might also loose ebooks where i have 2 ebooks. I tried to post backups in world historia ebooks but their ebooks (which is empty) doesn't seem to work.)
(AE has seemed alot quieter since the ae - wh split and sharrukin disappearing for awhile.)

When the forum was down &/or when i still thought it was down i happened to be unfairly so-called "suspended" (actually "banned") from historum after people subtly attacking me and getting me in trouble from my replies. It was pretty depressing both loosing historum and seemingly AE. Historum people unfairly/untruly attacked AE in some posts claiming AE was full of banned historum posters and was failed/deformed little sister attempt at (historum) history forum.
Are there any other good history/etc forums around? The old AE used to have a links at bottom with some other sites. (It would be good if AE, historum & world historia could have links list with all three despite the foul relations between each other.) I haven't checked if simaqian studio history forum is still gone from web/net. There was another history forum but it kept changing (totally removal and restarting again) all the time and i got fed up with it (not sure if it is still around).
Unfortunately there are/were a few forums i was unfairly banned from and/or have since gone that i can't visit/post now (eg skadi/thiassi, arthurnet). Atlantis Online is okay but abit too many subforums. If you[s] wish i could help a wee bit with a forums links list by doing a list of forums i have been on.

Sean (life), "Arthur-Robin" (AE), "Rob Banks" (historum (banned)), "truthsetsfree" (WH), etc.

Edited by Arthur-Robin - 30-Jun-2015 at 21:24
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2015 at 00:05
All noted Art...doesn't matter what Historum or any other ie. World Historia etc. say abot this forum or its members.

We, otoh, as a general rule do not encourage or allow, beyond a certain level, crits of other forums. Call it a good neighbor policy..whether they reciprocate or not. So my advice.... ignore. As for the rest this format is old...any other probs refrence linking etc seek guidance from Red via PM.    

As for banned members from other forums coming here...I am one.... and could give a shitt less what they think or opine.

amen.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2015 at 22:22
Something seems wrong here, where are the others like Red etc; no one has done anything about the issues. Did i do something wrong? Seems most people i my "life" mess me around: i feel like cutting off from everyone. (Though at least my 2 ebooks haven't had any trouble. & Though even if i stay I may not be able to post in future because my dialup is now always under subtle/covert threat/danger of being cut off (as it was a few days a week or two ago). (Can't afford broadband as well as some other reasons. Don't like wireless, aside from that people have said are connection problems with it anyway.))

I thought i would try checking my cookies re the issues but the new firefox options/settings is different and i can't find any view cookies option anywhere.

Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2015 at 23:36
As noted ARt these issues have been reported. If and when they are resolved isn't yours to decide...the owner has a life beyond this place as you do so his priorities are his.

The forum is old the tech is old..it has glitches but it works in the main.

but one thing's for sure it's not a personal vendetta against you. that's the gawdamn paranoia popping up again Mate. Bury it somewhere and drive on.

iow. work around the issues and do what ya have to do....Art... you always welcome here..but if ya need something new then do what's best for you.

amen.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 06-Jul-2015 at 23:38
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Post Reply Post Reply