Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help with research paper writing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hudsonmarc View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote hudsonmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with research paper writing
    Posted: 19-Nov-2014 at 04:57
I'm curious about whether someone has ever used those research paper writing services online. I've been working on my Edgar Allan Poe research paper the other day when I came across this site http://place4papers.com/samples/edgar-allan-poe-research-paper I borrowed some facts from this paper (of course I properly cited them) but I thought to myself - if they give out such helpful materials for free, they must put their heart and soul into the custom made research papers. But I have some doubts... Is it legal & I'd be happy to hear your thoughts) Thanks in advance!
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2014 at 09:23
If this paper is for High School, a teacher will almost always know it isn't your work.  l can't say how we know, we just do.

Is it legal? There are laws against plagerism, however the question which should be asked is, is it ethical?
These things can come back to haunt you later.  You can put something into your own words.  It takes as much time as writing your own, but you get around the time spent researching. 

Edited by red clay - 19-Nov-2014 at 09:35
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2014 at 17:56
They should be rejected as plagiarism.. even if the original work is credited...as picking and pulling while appropriate in context of ORIGINAL RESEARECH is acceptable...to use them in their entirety is a no no.

Even if the original author has waived his intellectual right of property and sold them to the aforementioned service.

IOW. It is totally UNETHICAL. IMO it is FRAUD on the part of the student.

''Fraud is a deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain.''

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 19-Nov-2014 at 17:57
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote hudsonmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2014 at 03:42
Originally posted by red clay

If this paper is for High School, a teacher will almost always know it isn't your work.  l can't say how we know, we just do.

Is it legal? There are laws against plagerism, however the question which should be asked is, is it ethical?
These things can come back to haunt you later.  You can put something into your own words.  It takes as much time as writing your own, but you get around the time spent researching. 

I had no idea it can haunt me later. They write it's confidential. But saying it in my own words is a good idea, thanks.
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote hudsonmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2014 at 03:43
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

They should be rejected as plagiarism.. even if the original work is credited...as picking and pulling while appropriate in context of ORIGINAL RESEARECH is acceptable...to use them in their entirety is a no no.

Even if the original author has waived his intellectual right of property and sold them to the aforementioned service.

IOW. It is totally UNETHICAL. IMO it is FRAUD on the part of the student.

''Fraud is a deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain.''

I was not going to use them in their entirety, and I've missed the ethical side of the question. In fact, I just need some help wht research as I have no access to good databases... But thanks for your ideas
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2014 at 15:50
part of research is to find the database. and if you have access to a computer you can access them. with two feet you can walk to museums-libraries-universities and their data bases. Iow. research isn't free.

unless the researcher is lazy. then it's nothing more than dependence on others to do the work. pride in product..which is to say..self..is the moto.

remember that.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Post Reply Post Reply