Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turk Parliament Approves Military Action

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turk Parliament Approves Military Action
    Posted: 02-Oct-2014 at 14:04
Turk Parliament has approved military action against ISIS/ISIL in Syria and Iraq.  No details yet.

Edited by red clay - 02-Oct-2014 at 14:05
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2014 at 17:37
Don't expect much initially other than self interest. Which is to say continued US Aid. To do anything..to include forgetting their involvement in black market oil viz ISIS. They still reject minorities and the Kurds. Compare that to what's already known about their turn to radicalism and Islamist terrorism.

See: ''Boosting Turkey As It Backs Terror''

http://www.defenddemocracy.org/media-hit/boosting-turkey-as-it-backs-terror/

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 02-Oct-2014 at 17:39
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2014 at 20:31
Or, it could be they see an opportunity to make some fast big bucks, knowing that in the long run, ISIS doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of surviving, let alone est. an Islamic state.  No one in the middle east is "embracing" them.  They all afraid of them, and with good reason.

With slow but steady growth of the "allied coalition", ISIS is going to have a tough time hiding.  They no longer hold all the cards, and they have failed to sucker the US into a ground fight, which was their main intention.  Their hope was by drawing the "crusaders" into a ground fight, they would have drawn support from other extremist groups and countries.

With no broadbased support, and no obvious trained reserves, they will gradually fizzle.

Edited by red clay - 02-Oct-2014 at 20:43
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2014 at 03:03
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

Don't expect much initially other than self interest. Which is to say continued US Aid. To do anything..to include forgetting their involvement in black market oil viz ISIS. They still reject minorities and the Kurds. Compare that to what's already known about their turn to radicalism and Islamist terrorism.

See: ''Boosting Turkey As It Backs Terror''

http://www.defenddemocracy.org/media-hit/boosting-turkey-as-it-backs-terror/

The article pointed out some good issues but general perspective is still far from understanding geography.

It looks that it was written by this guy.

Originally posted by red clay

Or, it could be they see an opportunity to make some fast big bucks

The only opprtunityis for dictators of Middle East. Now US&EU will be more tolerated against these guys, if they fight against ISIS

No one in the middle east is "embracing" them.  

That reminds me statement of a Saudi General which is about ISIS is not a danger, real danger is Shias.

Turkish Kurd parliaments voted against this proposal. They are the one who suffered most now.

I mean, it is more complicated

They no longer hold all the cards, and they have failed to sucker the US into a ground fight, which was their main intention.

First of all, "ideas are bullet-proof"

US air attack neither Turkish ground operations can't stop them.  The main issue is not cutting black oil market. It should be changing minds.

Edited by Ollios - 03-Oct-2014 at 03:04
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2014 at 10:27
Ollios, you do the age old practice of whistling past the graveyard well.  Maybe you should poll the folks who have been over run by ISIS, or rather the survivors.

US air attacks?  How about air attacks by The UAE, Qitar, Saudi and now Lebanon.  You attempt to paint this as a US, EU only situation. 

Ollios, as an ISIS cheerleader, do you have a cute little skirt and Pom Poms?

Ideas, like bull**** may be bullet proof, but not the folks who hold them. 

ISIS is a terrorist nightmare. They have shown themselves to be far worse than the Taliban.

When ISIS fizzles, and it will, the human and cultural damage left by them will be overwhelming.  History will see them as self serving psychopathic rabble.  It will take decades to repair the effects.

ISIS is against all that we at AE hold to, perhaps you would find another forum more comfortable. 

Edited by red clay - 03-Oct-2014 at 11:15
Unknown.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2014 at 13:09

Ollios, you do the age old practice of whistling past the graveyard well.  Maybe you should poll the folks who have been over run by ISIS, or rather the survivors.

Please don't play age card.

"wisdom is in head, not in age" (Turkish idiom: "Akıl yaşta değil, baştadır")

US air attacks?  How about air attacks by The UAE, Qitar, Saudi and now Lebanon.  You attempt to paint this as a US, EU only situation.

This is not my point and they are just dominions. If you checked Western news, you can see that these countries were also supporters of ISIS

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/iraq-crisis-how-saudi-arabia-helped-isis-take-over-the-north-of-the-country-9602312.html 

Current Turkish Preminister has a statement about that,

he said that these people (ISIS) are just angry crowd who seperated from own country.

Now they decide to attacking. That is just small example of how do the politics go on 

ISIS is a terrorist nightmare.

Which part of my previous post show that I was thinking different?

When ISIS fizzles, and it will, the human and cultural damage left by them will be overwhelming.  History will see them as self serving psychopathic rabble.  It will take decades to repair the effects.

Cultural Damage?

Check what US lovely friend Saudi Arabia king did;

there was a Ottoman Castle in here

Is it so different then cultural destruction which was done by ISIS or Taliban?

What about Palestine refugees positions? Are they different then Assyrians positions?

I don't think so. 

ISIS is against all that we at AE hold to, perhaps you would find another forum more comfortable. 

This is the part which is hurt my heart. I try to give a key of how to defeat ISIS, but I just got a ultimatum. Really thanks.

As in colonial age, how became mass the world after the borders which have drawn by ruler in political tables, you won't able to understand somethings.

[/QUOTE]

Edited by Ollios - 03-Oct-2014 at 13:10
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2014 at 14:48
The spirit of the great Ataturk (may he always be remembered with honor) can only be angry Ollios.

What he created has been dismantled. Your government's current and short term past actions, internal and external agendas-goals aside for the moment; does nothing to increase their credibility nor their reliability as terrorist fighters against ISIS. Other than for internal agendas.

Because in the end we are not in reference to the others in the region who have covertly or overtly supported Islamist fanatics and terrorism. I am well aware of those and their machinations.

We are talking about Turkey.

The once, last greatest example, of what Islamist secular moderation, under a democratic form of government could achieve. And the lasting effect it might engender.

In the end we choose to fight terror be it sunni extremists or shia..or we prevaricate. We fight Isis because their savages. Who have gone beyond even the pale of sterotypical Islamist fascists like Iran.

And given their anti semitc genocidalist agendas and desire for power, that is saying a great deal.

The fact that the Sunni extremists which have formed Isis..may have had a legitimate excuse for disaffection given their oppression and minimization by a fundamentalist Shia government in Iraq..is insufficient.

Their counter to that... merely has shown their utter disregard for life hidden behind the guise of theologic conflict. We fight them because their not just Islamist fanatics but because they have betrayed their faith and have dropped to the level of criminal dogs.

Iow. "I" trusted Turkey.

Because even if with differing international agendas the Turks once, were considered, with Israel and Egypt, the staunchest and most dependable of my allies. That trust has been damaged.

My government did not support the nation's drift towards radicalism but like many could only wonder where the 'sons' of the 'great Mustafa' had gone.

It's up to you and your countrymen to bring them back.

You fight ISIS not support them.

You fight Isis because that is what the great Ataturk would have done...not for politics or exploitation or even issues of internal and or external security.

He would have fought them because their behavior is an affront to all civilized natures.

The greatness of a democratic Turkey is not found in her past squabbling...but is seen...when Turk's remember their humanity.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 03-Oct-2014 at 17:18

S. T. Friedman

Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2014 at 16:04
ISIS is nothing but a group of Sunni extremists, I don't know why Turkey wants to fight against Sunni extremists who are fighting against Shia extremists, of course both of them can be dangerous but three neighbor countries with Shia governments can be worse.
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2014 at 19:49
Ollios, no country in it's right mind can be a supporter of ISIS. How many Muslims have been executed by ISIS? What about the Muslim girls who had been routinely killed and blinded because they dared to go to school?
Now, you may not like the Western culture, and that is fine, no one crams it up your nose. However, no one has the right to tell other people that they have no right to get literate, or to like Western way of life, if they so wish.
ISIS is not a innocent group of angry young men, it is a totalitarian fundamentalist organization that bring its agenda bout through killing left and right. Now, if you so like that, I can only assume where your personal taste lie...and evidently not with any humanitarian values.

Personally, I'm getting sick from your antiamerican and antiwestern propaganda here. I haven't read a single grounded argument from you here, only most simplistic propaganda, and the rhetoric of hate. Please, give me some factual info here. ISIS is not real danger, because they just cut of people heads, but Shia are the real danger - because Iraq is Shia, is that it? If not, please explain why is Shia the real danger. And if you can clarify for me where is this magic way how to deal with ISIS that you have generously shown us, because I seem to have missed it. All I see is litanies how NATO is terrorist, and US and EU are I don't know what.

I personally don't care what faith, religion or denomination people have, no matter if they are Christians, Muslims, Buddhist or Wiccan, but when one starts massacring people for the heck of it, this is the where the problem is.

Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2014 at 19:54
Centrix, an extraordinary post, thank you for writing it.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2014 at 07:21

What he created has been dismantled.

It just shows that how much fragile his work.

Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

ISIS is nothing but a group of Sunni extremists, I don't know why Turkey wants to fight against Sunni extremists who are fighting against Shia extremists, of course both of them can be dangerous but three neighbor countries with Shia governments can be worse.

What are u suggesting?

Originally posted by Don Quixote

Ollios, no country in it's right mind can be a supporter of ISIS. How many Muslims have been executed by ISIS? What about the Muslim girls who had been routinely killed and blinded because they dared to go to school?

Have a nice dream, if you think that ISID and that kind of organisations can be defeat by just bombs.

ISIS is not a innocent group of angry young men,

That wasn't my words, it was coming from current Turkish preminister.  

Personally, I'm getting sick from your antiamerican and antiwestern propaganda here. I haven't read a single grounded argument from you here, only most simplistic propaganda, and the rhetoric of hate. Please, give me some factual info here. ISIS is not real danger, because they just cut of people heads, but Shia are the real danger - because Iraq is Shia, is that it? If not, please explain why is Shia the real danger.

if all is about this part of my previous post;
"That reminds me statement of a Saudi General which is about ISIS is not a danger, real danger is Shias."

it was repond for Red's post ("No one in the middle east is "embracing" them.") and it is still not my words. It is coming from a Saudi General.

However it is excellent thing to show your biased perspective and grounded blames agaisnt me

I personally don't care what faith, religion or denomination people have, no matter if they are Christians, Muslims, Buddhist or Wiccan, but when one starts massacring people for the heck of it, this is the where the problem is.

Nice speech but Good and Evil can't be seperate like oil and water.

I have just watched EuroNews

and there was a term such as "armed separatists" for Russians in Ukraine, reporter is obiviously holding Ukraine side and I am sure that Russians try to show them more good.

it reminds me, what about these guys?

Are they "Innocent Ottoman Armenians" and "Armed Separatists" ?

For West;

Why Ukraine's territorial integrity is important but in Serbia case, it is not important?

For Russians;

Why Ukraine's territorial integrity is not important but in Serbia case, it is important?

I am thowing rocks to every where but you are just seeing coming stones which come you

Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2014 at 13:18
''It just shows that how much fragile his work. ''

Freedom and democracy are always fragile. Life and humanity as well.

The defense of them however can not be.

S. T. Friedman

Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2014 at 15:39

''It just shows that how much fragile his work. ''

Freedom and democracy are always fragile. Life and humanity as well.

The defense of them however can not be.

Atatürk period is far from freedom and democracy. He did very nice things, even I am taking his religious perspective that makes him also a religious leader for me.

but that doesn't mean that we should worship him such as in Alexander the Great Ceaser and Hadrian cases.

Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2014 at 17:48
You don't have to worship him any more than I would Washington.

But it is advisable to remember what he did. What he represented. What he encouraged even given the context of the era and the limitations he might have faced. Even with his failings like Washington..he was better for them.

He would have fought ISIS..because and for freedom. Because he represented democracy as it could be developed in his country. Because even with his difficulties and opponents he believed in it, human dignity and the value of life.

He himself upon the successful completion of the shortlived Balkan pact is remembered for his words:

''The borders of the allies in the Balkan Pact are a single border. Those who covet this border will encounter the burning beams of the sun. I recommend avoiding this. The forces that defend our borders are a single and inseparable force''.

Short lived perhaps but remarkable for what it did and what it could have achieved.

It's his accomplishments-his cooperative nature-and his staunch defense of a strong Turkey through moderation that makes him worth emulating.

If you can't figure that out and remind your brethren of it... there is nothing more I can give you.

S. T. Friedman

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2014 at 21:36
An update from one of the best on the Coalition against ISIS.

It outlines very well the complexities.

http://www.stratfor.com/analysis/divisions-could-weaken-us-led-coalition-iraq-and-syria#axzz3FEJKw3wX

S. T. Friedman

Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2014 at 22:47
Well, well, Ollios, "Armed Armenian Separatists"...what do you suggesting? The Armenians wanted to be independent from the ottoman Empire, as by the way the Greeks, the Bulgarians, the Assyrians,and the Arabs wanted to; no one can blame them. This has nothing to do with anything. However, I don't see anyone getting ISIS, their wives and children and driving them to die from thirst in the Syrian deserts. That is to say the least, Don't make me go more into the Armenian Genocide that you don't admit. In any way, your parallel doesn't hold water.

Ukrainian territory - Ukraine is not economically viable without Donetsk-Lugangsk. If you don't like that, you may consider why Turkey doesn't give the Kurds their independence; AFAIK, it is because Turkey doesn't want to lose part of its territory. So, when you give the Kurds one-third of Turkey, then you can consider Ukraine giving back half of itself.

If you don't like the work of Attaturk, and consider it not stable, want would you suggest? Get Turkey on the Islam roll? Get the Ottoman Empire back? For all your self-righteous accusations that the West cut the Middle East in it's own design, the Ottoman Empire was dismembered not because the West did so, but because it lost the war. This is what tend to happen when you lose the war - other countries dismember you, like the Ottoman Empire did to quite a few countries in its time.

Anyway...for the stones. No need to throw stones at everyone, everyone is just acting from self-interest, as it is and always will be in politics. The question is how to draw a line between the interests on everyone so no country is victimized, and everyone has left enough to be able to function. This is called compromise, and it isn't a bad word, but a way to consider the interest of all players involved.

Anyway this thread is about ISIL and the actions of Turkey in that case, not about the whole history of humanity, so I suggest we go back to the topic.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2014 at 02:03

You don't have to worship him any more than I would Washington.

But it is advisable to remember what he did. What he represented.

But when you load something to his name such as things which he represented, you are turning him a kind of taboo or idols

That is an act which belongs low cultures.

Let we prasie him for nice things what he did but also let we can be stand up and criticize /jugde him for bad things what he did.

Front side should be belong ideas, not people.

Well, well, Ollios, "Armed Armenian Separatists"...what do you suggesting? The Armenians wanted to be independent from the ottoman Empire, as by the way the Greeks, the Bulgarians, the Assyrians,and the Arabs wanted to; no one can blame them.

First of all, I believe both locution, "Innocent Ottoman Armenians" and "Armed Separatists"

Secondly, yes people can blame them because their independence also means
massacres and forced immigrantion for the local Turks in Balkan and Caucausia case for all Muslims.

also their
 attitude of trying to take more land, not just places where they were majority.
Even they killed each other for more lands.

I can see why they want to be independent and how did they take it.

Ukrainian territory - Ukraine is not economically viable without Donetsk-Lugangsk. If you don't like that, you may consider why Turkey doesn't give the Kurds their independence; AFAIK, it is because Turkey doesn't want to lose part of its territory. So, when you give the Kurds one-third of Turkey, then you can consider Ukraine giving back half of itself.

I am trying to find logic or trying to understand mentality behind it but I don't think that I can do that. It doesn't sense anything.

If we consider countries economical positon instead of people believes/thoughts such as you did, Ottoman Empire shouldn't let Rumeli gone. Atatürk shouldn't gave Mosul to British Iraq and Turkey should attack Greek Islands which are very close Asia. 

by the way, I am open minded person about Kurdish Independece such as also about Uyghurs, Catalans etc.

If you don't like the work of Attaturk, and consider it not stable, want would you suggest? Get Turkey on the Islam roll? Get the Ottoman Empire back?

I see two posibilties in here;

First one: My english is so bad, we have communication problems. That could be, I am not much proud with my english or

Second one:  You are obsessed with me, or member of some kind of neo-nazi group 

everyone is just acting from self-interest, as it is and always will be in politics. The question is how to draw a line between the interests on everyone so no country is victimized, and everyone has left enough to be able to function. This is called compromise, and it isn't a bad word, but a way to consider the interest of all players involved.

That is the point which I agree

But, I don't see any compramise in

Kosova Independence or Abhazia Independence.

it is just acting for self-interest

Anyway this thread is about ISIL and the actions of Turkey in that case, not about the whole history of humanity, so I suggest we go back to the topic.

Ok lets go Turkey

for Brain Storm

I am sure that many of you be glad for this decision of Turkish Parliament

While Syrian Kurd leaders are screaming  for help against ISIS

Ataturks Party (CHP) and Party of Kurdish-Small Turk Left groups-by the way majority of party is Kurdish (HDP) didn't vote yes.

but Conservative ruler party (AKP) and Turkish Nationalist (MHP) voted for yes

Have you ever sensed a oddness?

My last words,

so you know nothing ...    just accept it.

Edited by Ollios - 05-Oct-2014 at 02:07
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2014 at 18:22
''Time to Kick Turkey Out of NATO?''

Probably. But one more effort should be made to bring them back from fundoism to secularism.

see: http://defenddemocracy.org/media-hit/schanzer-jonathan-time-to-kick-turkey-out-of-nato/

and

''Turkey, the Kurds and Iraq: The Prize and Peril of Kirkuk''

http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/turkey-kurds-and-iraq-prize-and-peril-kirkuk#axzz3FOXSrneP

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 13-Oct-2014 at 18:58

S. T. Friedman

Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2014 at 12:11
So far, the Turks have done nothing but sit at their border and watch the massacre of the Kurds, exactly the sane way the Soviets watched the massacre of the Polish Jews in Warsaw.

My opinion of the Turks cannot be posted on this forum because it would break all of the rules.  Suffice to say that the Truks are far worse than the terrorists in my mind, but then the Turks have a long history of genocide against their neighbors.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2014 at 17:02
There is no reason that Turks are involved in a war and are killed for saving another people, the fact is that they even want to do it but they have some legit demands.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>