Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sumerian origins of mythology?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sumerian origins of mythology?
    Posted: 26-Jan-2015 at 01:46
today we found Apam Napat in Sumerian/Akkadian (though it seems familiar like i possibly may have seen it once before and forgot/lost it). (The two question marked ones are uncertain. The others are orthodox reckoned cognates.)

Pap-sim-nun-bada "mighty father, Adar, son of Enlil" (Sumer-Akkadian).
(X)akwo(:)m Nepo(:)t/*H2ekwom nepot/*h2epom nepot(s)/Apom nepots/(*)Neptonos "well, fiery liquid, guardian of sacred fire water" ((Proto-)Indo-European).
Apam Napat "grandchild of the waters, fresh water" (Indian & Iranian).
Aranzahas (Hittite)?
Neoptolemus "youth, son of Achilles, one of the heroes of the Trojan war" (Greek/Armenian)?
Neptune/Neptunus "irrigation, agricultural, watering, horse-racing, sea, the planet" (Italic).
Nethuns "fresh water, wells/springs, naked bearded figure" (Etruscan).
Nechta(i)n (Celtic).

General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2015 at 04:15
The last one is very certain. But we are not sure about these two, they may be wrong or may be right? The 2nd one (Latarak/Nataraja) is the more unsure one of the two.

Suhurmash "goat fish / capricorn" (Sumerian).
Jagannath/Jagganath/Juggernaut/Jaggernaut "Vishnu, obscure, hideous, enormous head, bulging eyes, monster, without/no legs, arms only stumps, half-finished freak, lord of the world, the moving world, siblings" (Indian).

La(-)tarak "whip(ping)?, Latarak & Lulal a pair, lion-genius?, protective against witchcraft, buried at doorways as magically protective deity" (Sumer-Akkadian).
Na(r)taraja "Shiva, lord of dance, moving power in the cosmos, ringed by fire, one foot on a black dwarf demon" (Indian).

General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2015 at 00:03
This might be wrong, but might not be?:

Asarluhi/Asalluha "Marduk, light of the gods, mighty prince, a shedu & lamassu of the gods and of the land, in mighty combat saved our dwelling, associated with Enki, magical knowledge, the river of ordeal, messenger/reporter, exorcism" (Sumer-Akkadian).
Ses(h)a(naga) "remainder, prodigious snake, great/world serpent lying in the primeval sea & encirlcing the world, endless, many/thousand headed, chief of the nagas, used as a couch to rest on between cycles of the universe, holding back the waters" (Indian).

General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2015 at 00:46
This one seems maybe familiar like either i or someone else may have seen/said it before. Since they are both birds surely someone did notice it before?

Lugaltuda "divine storm bird, Prometheus" (Sumer-Akkadian).
Garuda "divine bird, great sky bird, bird of life, bird-like human hybrid, half eagle, parrots beak, nests in wish fulfilling tree of life, sun/solar, devourer, adversary of nagas" (India).

General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2015 at 11:33
I'm abit unsure about this one whether right or wrong. Previously the Sumer/Akkad candidate for Surya i thought might be either (')Sawul/(')Savul "fire/sun" (Babylonian), or Ashur/Assur (Assyrian), but now i think Sulpae (&/or Sul) is maybe more likely. (Previously i thought Sulpae seemed similar to Surabhi, but they don't seem to match.)

Sulpae "radiance/brillant, youth(ful), the planet Jupiter, astral, in underworld, fertility, husband/consort of mother goddess, 3 children" (Sumerian)?
*Sawel/*seh2wol- ((Proto-)Indo-European).
Surya/S(o)uro "sun god, day maker, king of planets, cosmic order, driving a chariot across the sky" (Indian).
Sure (Iran), or Hvare.../Haverseta (Iran)?
Surias (Kassite).
S(o)ur (Armenian), or Shavarsh (Armenian)?
Suwaliyattas "connected with hebat, [war]" (Hittite)?
Helios (Greek).
Sol "sun, radiate image" (Roman).
Usil (Etruscan)?
Saule "sun" (Baltic).
Sol "sun, drives chariot across sky, maiden" (Norse/German).
Sucellos "good striker, cross, hammer, cup/dish, springs" (Celtic)?
Sul/Sulis/Sulla "eye, sun, hot/thermal waters/springs, knowledge, prophecy"?

General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2015 at 21:43
Ur-shanabi/Sursunabu "boatman, ferries daily across the waters of death which divide the garden of the sun from the paradise where Utnapishtim lives forever" (Sumerian/Akkadian).
Varuna "Poseidonian, water(s)/seas, coastal regions, trees, rides on a fish, sea monster, chariot, house of clay, coverer, winds, west(ern), shines at night, moon, night sky, heaven, seasons" (Indian/Dravidian).
Ouranos/Uranus "shining, heaven/sky, primordial, drawing near, spreading out in all directions" (Greek).
Vertumnus "seasons, gardens, orchards" (Italic)?

Edited by Arthur-Robin - 30-Jan-2015 at 21:44
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2015 at 09:26
Meslamtaea/Allam(taea)/'Sulim(taea)/Allamu/Almu "god of war, Nergal, underworld, who issues forth in might, an image" (Sumer/Akkad)?
Jalamdhara "declared war on the gods, extraordinary strength, gift of bringing dead back to life" (India) [s(h) & j interchange]?

p.s. Also see
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?163023-Genetics-Archaeology-amp-Linguistics-support-PIE-homeland-near-Proto-Uralic-homeland/page2
http://historum.com/blogs/rob+banks/30940-sumerian-origins-all-nations-myths.html

Edited by Arthur-Robin - 13-Mar-2015 at 00:26
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jun-2015 at 08:28
I tried tio edit the post above but it said not have permission, so repost updated:

Lugaltuda "divine storm bird, Prometheus" (Sumer-Akkadian) [or Sukaletuda?]
Garuda/Garutman "divine bird, great sky bird, bird of life, bird-like human hybrid, half eagle, parrots beak, nests in wish fulfilling tree of life, sun/solar, devourer, adversary of nagas" (India)
Karshipta(r) "bird, preached religion in the [ark]" (Iran)
Ganymede "eagle, beautiful, cupbearer" (Greek)

Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jun-2015 at 18:52
You only have a certain amount of time to edit Art usually a couple of hours... for your info...and ty for the update.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2016 at 09:13
I was wrong about Ereshkigal ~ Sarasvati?
The true match appears to be:

Eres(h)kigal/Ninkigal (Sumerian)
Prithivi (Indian)
Persephone (Greek)
Proserpina/Proserpine (Roman)

-----

To my AE friends: It looks like i may be going to loose my computer (& net/web) again (after i already lost it all of Jan & Feb for 8 weeks after a virus attack in dec against  me personally on purpose via a p.m. from a member on apricity forum). This time i won't be able to afford to get it back after being ripped-off $4700 in Jan-Feb for the virus attack repairs. I am not sure if someone has again attacked me with a virus (possibly on here) or other but it wouldn't surprise me as i have found many humans are absolute criminal swine (eg the meter reader breaking in by picking the door lock 3 weeks ago, posioning/fluoridating the tap water, the virus attack, etc etc). The computer is having problems the last times i turn on/off (says is a "serious error"!). (It is either virus, or i did wrong copying some files from old hdds trying to secure quality of xp, or the computer shop tech rigged it, or because i turned it off once when on, or just something gone wrong being 2nd hand. Also i having heart pains again and may die, and also i may die from lack of water if i can't get decent door locks after the breakin (i can't drink the poison tap water, i have to be able to get artesian water, no one here will help). And obviously i am going to have to stay away from all forums now if lowlives ar going to attack me. (Why they don't attack the criminals in business and government etc rather than me i don't know.) (Not my fault i have been very careful.)  So I better post a few last bits in this and other threads now.

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2016 at 18:53
AR slow down and breath....I cant help ya with your computer issues but only can hope ya can return soon. Your input has proven to be quite enjoyable and informative.

Remember what I've told ya before... paranoia is not healthy whether it's driven by genuine problems you might have no control over...or self induced.

This is friendly advice not a dictum. Do... as I have also said before..what ya must do... to be happy.

best
CV

S. T. Friedman

General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2016 at 23:12

Thank-you Cenrtix. I still have computer/net today so far. Sorry its just that it is and has been a really hell last few months since 24th Dec to now (and last year was also really bad year). (Some strange things have seemingly/possibly been happening to me since the virus attack, after the Roman discovery i published last year.) I just had to let people know just in case i suddenly loose the computer/net again. My not be just paranoia or selfinflicted that the Atlantis paper was gone from my hdds when i got it back from computer shop for example.

eresh-kigal
prithivi

sh/th , k/v , (+/- gal "great") ?

or

ereskigal
prithivi

sk/th , g/v , l/0 ??

The abductions of Ereshkigal and Persephone/Proserpina are related.

Pluto & Proserpina = Prithu & Prithivi?
Proserpina's name said to be relate to Pluto's.

I was embarrassingly wrong about some/many other posts in this thread/topic too. Varuna/Uranus may not be Ushanabi; possibly could be Gugalana??

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2016 at 00:16
quite true...it might have been inadvertently lost or taken I don't know. But I would also report it back to the service and complain. Which is why a backup disc off the system is a necessary. I learned that the hard way when I was not in that habit.

And as an informative tool; I recommend you list some citations and sources...references..etc... on occasion that others might then follow up on this area of subject matter.

As you know AR... I'm a stickler for that sort of thing... as it, in the long run, as noted elsewhere...enhances the credibility and presentation of your work. It will also allow others the opportunity to further research on their own thru cross referencing. And for the novice it 'opens' the door.

best
CV

S. T. Friedman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12