Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Descendants of Achaemenids and Sassanids

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karlaswagnaz View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Karlaswagnaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Descendants of Achaemenids and Sassanids
    Posted: 04-Jun-2014 at 17:02
There are a lot of people who say they are descendants of Mahoma. Are there descendants of the Persian kings? And where are the bodies of the Achaemenid kings? I was looking for information but I don't find anything.

Edited by Karlaswagnaz - 05-Jun-2014 at 04:57
Stars die and reborn...
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2014 at 03:56
What do you mean by Mahoma?
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Karlaswagnaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2014 at 04:54
Mahomet, the prophet of the Islam. They called himself Sayyids or Siyyids, that's what I heard. If there are descendants of him, It has to be descendants of the ancient Persian kings, I think.

Edited by Karlaswagnaz - 05-Jun-2014 at 04:55
Stars die and reborn...
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2014 at 11:34
The prophet of Islam was an Arab, not Persian, the region where he lived, was never conquered by Persians.
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Karlaswagnaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2014 at 17:33
What? The whole Persian Gulf was vassal of the Sassanids and there were zoroastrians in Yemen. The Islam exists thanks to Persia, and the good things of the Islam or the Christianism or the Judaism come from Zarathustra, the bad things comes from their ancient traditions. And at the golden age of the Islam, Iran was its center. Tavalodak mobarak Koroush
Stars die and reborn...
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Karlaswagnaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2014 at 17:43
And I had a mistake, I would say, "It must have descendants of the Sassanids"
Stars die and reborn...
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2014 at 02:01
I don't know you say these things because what Esfandiar Mashaei, Iran's former vice-president, said in Tajikistan some years ago or not, anyway you can some interesting comments about it here: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/tehranbureau/2010/12/iranian-voices-the-drama-of-mashaei.html

for example: "Saying that the prophet was Iranian is Mashaei's [own] soft war tactic. Arabs called the Persian Gulf 'Arabian,' so Mashaei retaliated and said the prophet was Iranian." 
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Karlaswagnaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2014 at 06:21
Sorry, It was a misunderstood, I just asked where are the descendants of the Achaemenids and of the Sassanids. They had a lot of descendants, but I think they are all dead, right?
Thanks for the link, it was interesting. By the way, where is Mashaei now?

Edited by Karlaswagnaz - 09-Jun-2014 at 06:22
Stars die and reborn...
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2014 at 12:48
There are several people around the world who claim to be descendants of Sassanids, some of these people live in Maghreb (Morocco, Western Sahara, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya and Mauritania) where a Persian dynasty, named Rustamid, ruled for about two centuries, Rustam, founder of this dynasty, is said to be son of Bahram who was son of Shahriyar (father of Yazdegerd III, the last Sassanid king).

But the real descendants of Sassanids should be in the east, especially in China where almost all Sassanid princes and nobles fled after the fall of Sassanid empire, in fact some of them such as Peroz III, Bahram VII and Narsieh claimed to be still Sassanid kings! Some years ago a Japenese book titled "Of Persian Descent" was translated to Persian, author of this book is a Japanese named Hiroko Nishizawa who herself claims to be a descendant of Sassanid kings.

But those who still rule a land as descendants of Sassanids are in the South-East Asia, I have talked about them in this thread: Kedah Kingdom, continuation of Sassanid Empire?
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2014 at 14:48
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

There are several people around the world who claim to be descendants of Sassanids, some of these people live in Maghreb (Morocco, Western Sahara, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya and Mauritania) where a Persian dynasty, named Rustamid, ruled for about two centuries, Rustam, founder of this dynasty, is said to be son of Bahram who was son of Shahriyar (father of Yazdegerd III, the last Sassanid king).

But the real descendants of Sassanids should be in the east, especially in China where almost all Sassanid princes and nobles fled after the fall of Sassanid empire, in fact some of them such as Peroz III, Bahram VII and Narsieh claimed to be still Sassanid kings! Some years ago a Japenese book titled "Of Persian Descent" was translated to Persian, author of this book is a Japanese named Hiroko Nishizawa who herself claims to be a descendant of Sassanid kings.

But those who still rule a land as descendants of Sassanids are in the South-East Asia, I have talked about them in this thread: Kedah Kingdom, continuation of Sassanid Empire?

The word "Peroz" means Happy in the Kurdish langauges.  Did not know it was a Sassanid kings name as well, does it have another meaning in Persian?
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2014 at 03:52
It has the same meaning in Persian, Piruz (or arabicized Firuz) has been a popular name among Persians, another famous figure is Haji Firuz, or Firuz nahavandi who killed second caliph Umar Khattab.
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Karlaswagnaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2014 at 04:30
Thanks Cyrus, interesting as always.
Stars die and reborn...
Attis of Anatolia View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Attis of Anatolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2014 at 08:27
its was not true, arent Prophet Mohammed come from Hashimi tribe , i believe he is from sümeriaWink
 Post Reply Post Reply