Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Best Philosophy isScientific Philosophy?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RedCape View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote RedCape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Best Philosophy isScientific Philosophy?
    Posted: 20-Nov-2013 at 09:56
Philosophy has been around for thousands of years either recorded or not. I feel with in me the greatest philosophy about life comes from science. I know many may disagree but science to me shares a greater view on what is the purpose of life and most importantly where we all came from.

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2013 at 11:16
Before Science, It was "Magik".  Once Magik was understood, it became science.   The process is a mix of observation and critical thinking, most rfd. to as "Observational Science".  It might be said that, philosophy is drawn from your own personal interpretations of what you have observed.

Or not.Wink

BTW- Welcome aboard RedCape.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2013 at 12:30
Philosophy is a mental exercise rather than one of physical science.

Science deals with what can and will happen under specific conditions.  Philosophy deals with what could happen, if only...
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2013 at 18:29
Originally posted by RedCape

Philosophy has been around for thousands of years either recorded or not. I feel with in me the greatest philosophy about life comes from science. I know many may disagree but science to me shares a greater view on what is the purpose of life and most importantly where we all came from.

I've not heard science giving a view on what the purpose of life is.
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2013 at 12:34
The only purpose of Life is to create more Life.  That is why people spend so much of their lives searching for deeper meanings that just aren't there, and it's why many believe in religion.

It's hard to accept that Life has no purpose beyond reproducing itself.
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2013 at 16:05
Originally posted by Mountain Man

It's hard to accept that Life has no purpose beyond reproducing itself.

What you call hard, I call fun.
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2013 at 18:07
Different strokes for different folks.

We all arrive at the same place in the end - dead - and 100 years from now, know will remember that any of us ever existed.

Life is like stirring a bucket of water.  The second you stop stirring, it all goes away as if it never happened.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2013 at 12:13
Originally posted by Mountain Man

Different strokes for different folks.

We all arrive at the same place in the end - dead - and 100 years from now, know will remember that any of us ever existed.

Life is like stirring a bucket of water.  The second you stop stirring, it all goes away as if it never happened.

That is a philosophy, short sighted, pessimistic, but a philosophy.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply