Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Survival of Zoroastrianism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Online Status: Offline
  Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Survival of Zoroastrianism
    Posted: 17-Aug-2013 at 14:29
im not talking about those eras im talking about qajar time in that era all who wasn't shia have to pay Jizya that start rebellion and  Separate turkmens from rest of iran
yomud are free people
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2013 at 07:02
Originally posted by yomud

Originally posted by Ollios

I think the current hate is not because of mediveal events or religion. Many Sunni Arab countries support USA also many of them supported Saddam during the Iraq-Iran War.

if so than why they hate the turks ??

The question is not about Turks, it is about Sunni Arabs

in Turks case, there are two minor situation

Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan: These countries are like Ukraine and Georgia for Russia; Back garden and now they are slipping from Iran's hands. With Turkish factor, they started to watch policies which are close to America. They want to rule-control them

Turkey: again about politics. Before the crisis in Syria(Turkey and Iran support different sides), Iranian tourists are in top 5, in Turkey, so there is no real hate and I think those people are just Azeris in Iran

yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2013 at 08:39

Originally posted by yomud

I think the current hate is not because of mediveal events or religion. Many Sunni Arab countries support USA also many of them supported Saddam during the Iraq-Iran War.

if so than why they hate the turks ??

The question is not about Turks, it is about Sunni Arabs

in Turks case, there are two minor situation

Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan: These countries are like Ukraine and Georgia for Russia; Back garden and now they are slipping from Iran's hands. With Turkish factor, they started to watch policies which are close to America. They want to rule-control them

Turkey: again about politics. Before the crisis in Syria(Turkey and Iran support different sides), Iranian tourists are in top 5, in Turkey, so there is no real hate and I think those people are just Azeris in Iran

yes u right Smile u explain it better
yomud are free people
Scholar View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Scholar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2016 at 10:20
By blood? You realise that is a primitive European concept of Race/ancestry, and another false social construct. Indian is a nationality, which is home to over 3000+ ethnic groups, some who are pure descendants of "Indo-Iranians" some who are direct descendants of the Harappan people, and some who are descendant of the first people out of Africa. At no point in Indian history was the Indic language family imposed, in fact to the contrary it was adopted and modified. Samskrutam (Sanskrit) was a very popular language for scholarship which spread all over the academic community of ancient Bharatvarsha (India). It was the Vernacular forms that people formed called Prakrut (Prakrit). People modified them and mixed them to their liking. Languages like Malayalam borrow heavily from classical Sanskrit and Sangham Tamil, Gujarati on the other hand borrows from old dramatic languages Sanskrit and languages it interacts, whereas Koshur (Kashmiri) shows elements of the Proto-Rigvedic language, Sanskrit and its own creation, but when spoken by Muslims Koshur borrows heavily from Arabic and Persian. India has more linguistic, ethnic and other kinds of diversity than is understandable and to make any generalizations is absurd. Also Most Americans are of European descent and thus are "pure" descendants of the theoretical PIE peoples. Also in linguistics when one speaks their native language they are considered part of the language family irrespective of their racial categorization. Also the CIA world factbook lists Indo-Aryan (72%) as India's dominant ethno-linguistic group thus contradicting your claim of a non Indo-European majority population in India. Remember India has many sunny regions where the skin of even white men become very dark. Look at Rajasthan and you'll see that many people have green and light eyes in many regions but are brown to black in skin. Skin changes to environment and is irrelevant to race as it was a concept constructed on skull shape not skin tone. 
renaissance232 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote renaissance232 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2016 at 05:07
I am a Zoroastrian (In North America but with Persian Ancestry) and honestly it is kind of sad to see such my cultural heritage hanging by a string. However, I am also aware of the worlds many other cultures that are in a similar position. The Ainu, the Saami, the Berbers, the Assyrians, Coptic Egyptians, Khmers, even Irish to a degree. They exist, as Persia (Iran) does, they are still ethnically, linguistically, and culturally similar to their ancestors but there's often many attributes to the beauty of these original cultures that is lost due to conquest, colonization, or marginalization. Hopefully one day we can see these cultures take a more prominent role in their regions and gain some higher autonomy. Perhaps even restore them to something a bit closer to what they were.

Edited by renaissance232 - 30-Oct-2016 at 05:07
renaissance232 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote renaissance232 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2016 at 05:30
3 Things to keep in mind.
Islam is to Iran like Christianity is to Norway. They adopted it, or were conquered, but they DIDNT help invent it, only "improved" it, as I like to say. Iranian architecture is NOT Muslim, but is still related closely with other Islamic architectural styles simply because these were influenced by Iranian architecture and vise versa.

IE Languages originated in Central Asia. It is thought that this is the ancestral home of all Indo-Iranians from Kurdistan to Bangladesh. The language family, (closely linked genetically as well, so this solves that question) migrated south and inhabited the regions previously inhabited by Mesopotamians, notably Elamites, or Dravidians(?) of Indus valley. I am not sure of the genetic or linguistic heritage of the Mesopotamian peoples, nor am I certain of the Indus Valley civilization either, but I assume they are closely related to the Pre Indo-Iranian tribes and are related to the original peoples of India, the Dravidians. Indo-Iranians, many people from Kurdistan to Bangladesh are still the original people, for the most part, as most people still remain who they are after they are conquered. It is nearly impossible to remove a race or ethnicity from a region, and even then they will most likely migrate, and this did not happen in Iran, Afghanistan, Tajikistan. Rather, they were able to gain independence, while retaining Islam, and reconquer previously lost lands. The Samanids, and later the Safavids, were responsible for retaining some, if not most of this original "Perso-Iranian" culture.

Take a look at a Mosque from Iran and then one from Saudi Arabia and notice the stark differences (At least from the ones I've been able to find). When IEs entered the Iranian Plateau they adopted a lot of Mesopotamian cultural influences, i.e. mosaics and tiling, geometry, rounded turrets, and minarets. This was not found in Arabia, so we can notice the original Perso-Mesopotamian cultural influence.
Aeoli View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Aeoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2016 at 09:45
Originally posted by renaissance232

Hopefully one day we can see these cultures take a more prominent role in their regions and gain some higher autonomy. Perhaps even restore them to something a bit closer to what they were.

Do you really believe Autonmy or independence can save them? You are living in North America but suggest 19yy natoinalist European country model?

Cyprus-Bosnia-Lebanon are good examples to why this won't work.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12