Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Strange Creature Found in the Persian Gulf!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strange Creature Found in the Persian Gulf!
    Posted: 26-Jul-2013 at 04:51

I think it can be just a whale!
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2013 at 06:03
Looks like it might be a giant squid, but as the pictures are limited it's difficult to tell.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2013 at 07:01

Looks like some kind of giant stingray or something. Look at the tail!

Timidi mater non flet
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2013 at 07:40
I also the tail but it seems to be difficult to believe it to be anything other than a whale:

Photos of the gnarly carcass were posted to a website serving the city of Bushehr in western Iran on the Persian Gulf. Based on the vertebrae and blackened skin of the carcass, Reddit users postulated that it was the remains of a whale.
"The blackened skin and vertebrae are a good giveaway, I wish the pictures were a bit bigger so I could wager a guess at what kind it was, but it's hard to make out!" wrote user Unidan, who is regarded as an expert in biology by members of the social news community.
The Huffington Post reached out to Dr. Gary Griggs, director of the Institute of Marine Sciences at the University of California, Santa Cruz, for a second opinion about the floating carcass.
"From my vast knowledge and experience with whales and their skeletons, it is clearly a whale," Dr. Griggs wrote in an email to HuffPost. "Although with the condition of the body, [it's] difficult for me to determine what kind of whale."
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2013 at 23:07
it's look like giant sea dinosaur
yomud are free people
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2013 at 10:57
It may only be a whale, however, there are vast regions of the oceans, and we know more about the Moon then we do our own oceans, and life in other large bodies of water.  Last year scientists working on Lake Champlain, recorded an animal of some kind that was "echo locating".  There are no known fresh water creatures that do this.

There are now 2 teams of scientists looking for what they believe is a surviving specie of Megladon.
Deepwater research is difficult and expensive.  Dangerous also.  We know so little about the depths, anything found there wouldn't surprise me.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2013 at 11:09
There is a river dolphin which uses echolocation, red. Although I think it unlikely. I think it is more likely a whale, or the odd whale making a detour. I've seen the odd should we say artist's picture of a creature seen sometimes in that lake, and that picture reminds me of a large aquatic creature's fin, which could look like a long neck and small head.

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 08-Aug-2013 at 11:21
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2013 at 11:49

So bin Laden's body finally surfaced...
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2013 at 11:04
The artists conception you saw, was it of Champy?  Or was it the image compiled from all of the credible sightings.  There are a group of marine biologists who believe what folks are seeing is real.  They commisioned an artist to draw the animal from descriptions given by those who have seen it.

So far, it's appearences are confined to the colder, deep water areas from Long Island Sound North, to Maine.  I would have loved to have been on Fire Island,  when the creature surfaced in front of the Fair Harbor Ferry Slip.  A boatload of fri. nite folks going to their weekend homes got an eyeful.  This was in the early 80's. 
In the 60's I spent some time on Fire Island.  My best friends family owned a vacation home there, right across from Doris Day's house.  At that time there were a lot of stories floating around about, "The Sea Monster".  We didn't see it, but after seeing some of the life that came out of the deepwater at night when the Ferry Slip lights went on,  we thought it possible that there was something strange coming in to feed.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2013 at 11:55
Here's the thing, red, the artist's impression I saw was a lot like the Mansi Photograph, reputed to be the best picture of the creature so far, although with a face added onto it. Now as it is so close to the Mansi photograph, this makes me question the validity of the impression compiled from the credible sightings, or should I say so called. Now with what I'm seeing from the Mansi photograph, there's a line reflecting light, however it follows like an edge from the water for a distance be fore slightly widening. This is exactly what you see from a fin bending over. It bending also, from distance. gives the impression of it being a long neck with a small head on top. 

The Mansi photograph
 Post Reply Post Reply