Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Helen Thomas Dies At 92

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Helen Thomas Dies At 92
    Posted: 20-Jul-2013 at 15:56
My favorite Whitehouse correspondent.  May she rest in peace, because as the unofficial chief of the White House journalists she sure as hell didn't give the 7-8 Presidents she covered any peace.  She asked the tough questions and never backed down.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2013 at 23:42
R.I.P. as God's journalist,than.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2013 at 14:09
Tuff bitch.... but probably a closet anti-Semite. To her credit she never disclosed that in her opinions and coverage...and in that she was not alone....being an anti semitic journalist that is.

But her coverage objectivity was.

In the end better the sheeple had her then not.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2013 at 20:49
I will remember her with courage to oppose American dogmas. She is not a lackey of goverment or own national fanatics. If there is a heaven, I hope her place will be there. I want to talk with her under the dates, maybe after a little bit burnBig smile

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2013 at 01:37
She did not necessarily oppose as much as challenge...objectively..already gave her credit for that.

ntl....she was anti IG and pro Arab/Palestinian. And while she was entitled to her position the fox is out of the coop.

What allowed her to stand out..was she kept that crap out of her ability to objectively report. Until the very end of her career.

Too few do.

See:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/12829#.UezCrYwo7mQ

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/89404/sounding-off

''2012 Top Ten Anti-Israel/Anti-Semitic Slurs: Mainstream Anti-Semitism Threatens World Peace''

http://www.wiesenthal.com/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=lsKWLbPJLnF&b=4441467&ct=12697485#.UezcGowo7mQ

Jakob Austein of Germany is the typical as is the poster boy for transperancy Julian Assange.

It's fashionable for the leftist and liberal faux intelligencia to include the journalists and essayists among them to continue the tripe above.

In Euroland it's because they fear riots and loss of fossil fuels...all the while mouthing the platitudes of reasonableness; when in reality they despise the Arabs lack of cultural assimilation...continue to closet hate them....denying their bigotry. And in America because it's been chic for a very long time.

The only thing worse then a bigot is a closet bigot. And she was one.

And they don't fool anybody...except for the deluded who remain of the same agenda.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 22-Jul-2013 at 03:20

S. T. Friedman

Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2013 at 06:43
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

See: 
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/12829#.UezCrYwo7mQ 

An advice: Not using words in proper position, cause losing their meanings. Calling real neo-nazist and Helen Thomas as an anti-semite, cause to things
*make the real neo-nazist more normal.
*decrease your trustworthiness.

If you don't want to be in same position with the liar shepherd, use the term anti-semite just for real, clear situations.

Sunday Cartoon? Israel's bloody policies such as "the wall" and big holocoust memorials irony is well-known situation. They can cry for people who died 50-60 years ago but not a week or a month ago.

In Euroland it's because they fear riots and loss of fossil fuels...all the while mouthing the platitudes of reasonableness; when in reality they despise the Arabs lack of cultural assimilation...continue to closet hate them....denying their bigotry. And in America because it's been chic for a very long time.
It sounds similar with this Jews manage all world and control all media. (opinion from different perspective but mentality is same)

The only thing worse then a bigot is a closet bigot. And she was one.
Which statements of her makes you think that she is an anti-semite?

Edited by Ollios - 22-Jul-2013 at 06:44
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2013 at 11:39
In 2010 she made an off the cuff statement that, "the Jews should leave Palestine to the Palestinians",  In true Helen Thomas form, she laced it with some expletives and some emotionally based ideas.  She later renounced her earlier statements and quietly retired.

Does that make her a Bigot?  I don't think so.  And everyone here knows how I feel about bigotry of any ilk.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2013 at 13:00
Originally posted by red clay

In 2010 she made an off the cuff statement that, "the Jews should leave Palestine to the Palestinians",  In true Helen Thomas form, she laced it with some expletives and some emotionally based ideas.  She later renounced her earlier statements and quietly retired.

Does that make her a Bigot?  I don't think so.  And everyone here knows how I feel about bigotry of any ilk. 

I don't think so too.

in one side, a country did things which cause suffers and deaths,
on the other side, a reporter statement when she said it on bench to hand camera 

it is easy to understand which side is fanatic, isn't it?  

I don't think that she meant really put all jews in Israel to ships and sent them back to Germany. Her main point is about systematic depopulation of ethnic Arabs in Palestine. Every nations might have right to be independent even Jews, Kurds, Uyghurs, Catalans... but wrong thing is changing ethnic population of lands and make a new state for new ethnic groups in there.

is there any real proof which shows that she is real anti-semitic?
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2013 at 18:11
With her well known relationship to Arab leaders one was all that was necessary. But if require another...

"During the speech, Thomas said: "Congress, the White House, Hollywood and Wall Street are owned by Zionists. No question, in my opinion''.....

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/12/04/Wayne-State-ends-Helen-Thomas-Award/UPI-69151291511834/

And she worked for them.

http://elderofziyon.blogspot.com/2013/07/hamas-terrorists-mourn-helen-thomas.html

Want more?

''"I censored myself for 50 years when I was a reporter. Now I wake up and ask myself, ‘Who do I hate today?’"

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/18/arts/television/18hele.html?ref=arts&_r=0

http://mondoweiss.net/2013/07/helen-thomass-anti-zionist-statements.html

Not to mention the covert terrorist supporters CAIR...spell that support of Hamas viz US Muslim Brotherhood with members actively and formerly involved.... honored her.

No doubt about it she was a State of Israel-Jew hater.

But you and old Red keep believing otherwise if it supports sleep at night.

Enough said.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 22-Jul-2013 at 18:17

S. T. Friedman

yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2013 at 01:07
may she rest in pace 
yomud are free people
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2013 at 05:48

"During the speech, Thomas said: "Congress, the White House, Hollywood and Wall Street are owned by Zionists. No question, in my opinion''.....
Yes, you are right, it sounds a conspiracy theory. I don't confirm this statement. It can be true as much as your statement about Europe policy and Arab oil.

''"I censored myself for 50 years when I was a reporter. Now I wake up and ask myself, ‘Who do I hate today?’"
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/18/arts/television/18hele.html?ref=arts&_r=0 
I didn't understand. She hates who? There isn't any single word about Israel or Jews in the article

http://mondoweiss.net/2013/07/helen-thomass-anti-zionist-statements.html
I made my speech about her statement. Are you really take serious her statement when she said on bench to hand camera? and did you really read all article? from it and keep going to read

"Every columnist and commentator jumped on me immediately as anti-Semitic. Nobody asked me to explain myself. Nobody said, “What did you really mean?”

thanks for this nice article, now I love her much

if Media and supporter of Israel think like this guy
 "The Anti-Defamation League said in a written statement that Thomas' apology "does not go far enough.""
they are probably insane. She did to many thinks for that tooo much unoffical statement which doesn't have a clue for real jew-hate.

If people don't stop to dilute the terms like anti-semite or islamophobia, just they will suffer in the future

example: is there anybody who criticize Israel, but nobody says that he or she is not an anti-semitic? or how many we have them? samething is true for İslam, so people should seperate honest, logical critism from pure hate. Every critism don't have to be right but we need to think, talk and discuss about it. Then we can make a decision, is it totally false or right, maybe half right?  If it is right or half right, we need to organize ourselves according to it.

Ostrich tactics don't work

Post Reply Post Reply