Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Age of Chivalry lives on.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Age of Chivalry lives on.
    Posted: 01-Jul-2013 at 18:12
Our new Bentley was delivered on Saturday morning. The Memsahib has been a bit hormonal of late
so I let her drive it to a Bentley Drivers Club national meeting near Banbury, Oxfordshire  within minutes of it arriving.  Upon getting to the location a kindly old buffer in a Panama hat, a Royal Air Force badged blazer and wearing a Leander Rowing Club tie waved us to a halt ( doubtless he'd noticed a not unattractive, sun tanned blonde at the wheel ! I would have done ! ).  

" Morning, my dear " he remarked, " we must be certain of finding such an attractive young lady and her beautiful car a parking place ! ".   " Off you go, Edward " , he instructed his young companion ( a schoolboy, very likely his grandson ), " and bag that empty space next to that green Mark VII
 over there ".  And then, brandishing a shooting stick to clear away the hoi polloi, he strode in front of us leading the way. As if that were not enough, he then helped her reverse into the space, opened the door and kissed her hand, thereby undoing nearly twenty years of doctrinaire conditioning on my part to inculcate within her that that is exactly what she should do for me !
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2013 at 19:15
''thereby undoing nearly twenty years of doctrinaire conditioning on my part to inculcate within her that that is exactly what she should do for me !''

And let that be a lesson.

Next time seek out the more malleable, psychologically conditionable; and thoroughly besotted by an adherence to religion precepts, that women be subservient to their husbands.

Worked for me for quite a while...till the **** got an education.

Twas all over then.

Enlightenment my ass.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2013 at 22:48
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

Worked for me for quite a while...till the **** got an education.

Twas all over then.

Enlightenment my ass.

Hey, wash your mouth out, CV, for me there's nothing like an intelligent woman. The only disappointment for me is when they turn out to be faux intellectual(lacking a decent understanding of logic).Smile
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2013 at 01:18
Sad to relate, the Memsahib cannot be thought of as being intelligent. Indeed, time was when I couldn't look at her without thinking what good did the hugely expensive private education lavished upon her ever achieve ? BUT, putting to one side the fact that she was a stunner when I met her, and nearly twenty years on still remains as beautiful as she ever was, her disposition is of the most benevolent, tranquil, generous and equable as any man could ever wish for.

Only three arguments with her in seventeen years and possessed of no " monthly troubles " whatsoever, she is a catch indeed.   Not only that, but despite no academic qualifications at all, she was able to pull down a fascinating job with a colossal salary, and that thoroughly stimulated and fulfilled her.......the fact that she could retire at fifty with a full salary pension and perks is truly icing on the cake !  I won't say that she turns a blind eye when I look at other women ( I'd feel unloved if she did ), but she knows enough to be tolerant, patient and understanding........which is a bloody sight more than I am capable of !
 Post Reply Post Reply