Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bunga Bunga parties.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bunga Bunga parties.
    Posted: 30-Jun-2013 at 05:08
I don't know whether to laugh, cry or be bitterly enraged.

A senior Vatican priest, aided and abetted on a colossal scale by two other Italians ( a financier and a secret service agent ) have been arrested at Rome airport for attempting to smuggle in from Switzerland
£17 million.   Of course, there are more than enough grounds to be bitterly angry, as is virtually always the case with anything to do with the Vatican.   Laugh ? Yes that too, if only because of the sheer ludicrousness of the plan - even when flying on a Government aircraft with a secret agent , a high
Catholic priest Ouchand a 
" moneybags " to grease their way through, the buggers still couldn't pull it off.    And cry ? You betcha, and out of sheer frustration to have it confirmed that that there is literally nothing that this lot of arrant scoundrels will not sink to !    Still, what else is one to expect of a country governed ( as was ) by that git Silvio Berlesconi. ..........and here I have to admit an element of irritation - he didn't attend when I invited him to one of my Bunga Bunga parties.....I was hoping he would bring Ruby Rubacuori, the Heart Stealer !
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2013 at 11:31
'yawn'...sorry Marlin. Not worthy enough of my attention. tis merely more common fare of big business not merely the RCC. Hell pahdner..there are CEO'S, world wide, making 25m in bonuses and options; after ripping off their shareholders, regularly exposed in the rags.

With a US 'black budget' in excess of 50B your guy isn't even close.

Ps. inherently nothing wrong with b/b parties, as long as the bungered are of legal age. And twas consensual. Went to a couple in college meself.

Other wise, around my parts; they generally are found later, high up, on the west side of the Llano months later.

Not much left after the yotes, desert mice, bugs and raptors have been at them. Doubtful if even ole 'Jethro' of NCIS fame could crack that case.

Because nobody.... around there.... likes a pedo. And I do mean nobody.

Amen.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 30-Jun-2013 at 11:36
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2013 at 11:41
Query:  What is a "Bunga Bunga Party"?  Is this somehow related to the old joke about same?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2013 at 12:08
Believe you me, amigo, if you get invited to a Bunga Bunga party, the last thing you will be doing is joking . Everything and anything else, but you wouldn't have time for either joking or laughing.
Think of Bachanalian orgy, or of a wine and cheese party hosted by Caligula , of a tea party run by Christine Keeler and Mandy Rice -Davies and you wouldn't be far amiss.    On the other hand, and for the benefit of our American colleagues, just conjure up in your minds eye virtually ANYTHING conducted by the Kennedys ( and here may I suggest that if there are still any innocents out there who believe the Kennedys should be beatified, then they may wish to desist from further reading ! ), just think of the Kennedy boys, plus alcohol plus women, and there's your answer !   Need I say anymore ?
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2013 at 12:19
Originally posted by Marlin47

Believe you me, amigo, if you get invited to a Bunga Bunga party, the last thing you will be doing is joking . Everything and anything else, but you wouldn't have time for either joking or laughing.
Think of Bachanalian orgy, or of a wine and cheese party hosted by Caligula , of a tea party run by Christine Keeler and Mandy Rice -Davies and you wouldn't be far amiss.    On the other hand, and for the benefit of our American colleagues, just conjure up in your minds eye virtually ANYTHING conducted by the Kennedys ( and here may I suggest that if there are still any innocents out there who believe the Kennedys should be beatified, then they may wish to desist from further reading ! ), just think of the Kennedy boys, plus alcohol plus women, and there's your answer !   Need I say anymore ?

Good description...with some being more or some less.

But Keeler?

Nah...seen better harlots working for less....in Amsterdam and Seoul.
And negotiated in the best interests of capitalism and bilateral trade with them, I might add.

That's impressive. Not dogging a 'kept' wannabe.

Amen.

S. T. Friedman

Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2013 at 12:42
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

'yawn'...sorry Marlin. Not worthy enough of my attention. tis merely more common fare of big business not merely the RCC. Hell pahdner..there are CEO'S, world wide, making 25m in bonuses and options; after ripping off their shareholders, regularly exposed in the rags.

With a US 'black budget' in excess of 50B your guy isn't even close.

Ps. inherently nothing wrong with b/b parties, as long as the bungered are of legal age. And twas consensual. Went to a couple in college meself.

Other wise, around my parts; they generally are found later, high up, on the west side of the Llano months later.

Not much left after the yotes, desert mice, bugs and raptors have been at them. Doubtful if even ole 'Jethro' of NCIS fame could crack that case.

Because nobody.... around there.... likes a pedo. And I do mean nobody.

Amen.

You are so right ; this story is rather small beer in the overall scheme of things.   I mentioned it more for its humour than its political / financial / criminal / religio significance.

Upon reflection, I feel that I may not have adequately answered the post asking what a Bunga Bunga party is. Although my reply goes a long way towards being sufficient, two further points need to 
be made.    Although the origins of these events go back as far as when Adam and Eve acquired another married ( or unmarried, it matters not one jot ! ) couple as neighbours, these parties were first raised to an artform by Virginia Woolf and Lytton Trachey and a few hand picked and well hung other members of the Bloomsbury set.
However, as in many other fields of human endeavour, it took our American compatriots to raise these parties to a Science !  Back in the late 1960's early 1970's I had a weekend cottage which I used for shooting parties.
This was only a few miles from Lakenheath air base in England,which was leased to the U.S. air force.
A Wing of three American fighter squadrons were based there. Meeting many of both ground and air crew in the local pubs, my cottage was quickly volunteered/commandeered for the most legendary and gargantuan Bunga Bunga parties. 

At first Frauleins from American bases in Germany were flown in for several days at a time, but they were quickly identified as a security risk. Then girls from the Eastern Seaboard and even some Mid Western states were flown in regularly just for the Weekends. If you are reading this Connie and Sherry from Lansing, Michigan, thank you so much for my first threesome.
As a snot nosed Second Lieutenant in the British Army, I hope I didn't disappoint. I certainly wasn't disappointed !
Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2013 at 18:08
Speaking of Amsterdam, I was there myself earlier in the year.   It's getting to be harder and harder to find a cannabis cafe, so most of the time I sat outside a bar and ordered the most expensive beer on their beer menu ; that, coupled with a fine Montecristo usually sufficed .  One cafe I was sat outside and struck up a conversation with a young couple. All the time we were speaking I was trying to work out what bloody language they were conversing in to me. Was it Croat ? Nah !  Perhaps a dialect of Belgium ? Possibly.
I was just convincing myself it was probably one of the minor Baltic states, and then he took his jacket off exposing a black and white striped football shirt.   He was a Geordie from bloody Newcastle, for crying out loud . My parakeet, Spiggy, speaks with a better accent less English than he did, but then, of course, Spiggy learnt his English from me !

Talking of working girls, the fine strapping blond lasses from Amsterdam have all buggered off to Peking now.
I know Seoul and Busan very well, but would rather employ the five fingered wife than couple with a Korean prossie - their pimps would gut you from chin to chopper in seconds given half the chance !

No, although no fan of of Nippon ( two Uncles copped it in Burma in '44 ), and most of their women are pig ugly, the Japanese have a lot to recommend  them. The Geishas of Kobe or Yokohama are well worth while making their acquaintance. Forget about Tokyo, even the very polite concierge at my hotel told me I couldn't afford them, the cheeky sod......and I was wearing my only Savile Row suit at the time !   But in Yokohama and Kobe they are vastly different.
What they can do with a bowl of ice cubes and a bowl of tea will blow your socks off.......and they'll even give you a VAT receipt headed " Miscellaneous business expenses " if you ask them nicely ! 

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2013 at 00:55
Taint beauty that matters...Marlin ole son. Quality of work effort and base occupational ethics is...the key from whores to Presidents.

Amen.

S. T. Friedman

Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2013 at 01:19
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

Taint beauty that matters...Marlin ole son. Quality of work effort and base occupational ethics is...the key from whores to Presidents.

Amen.

Broadly speaking, I go along with what you say. Mind you, I do prefer my women NOT to look like a dough ball into which a bucket of raisins has been fired at close range. After all, one will be occasionally looking 'em in the face when pounding away like a good 'un !
Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2013 at 02:52
Putting to one side this colossal cock up of their plans to smuggle into the Vatican millions of dollars of illicit funds held in very dodgy Swiss bank accounts, AND the fact that child abuse by Catholic priests seems to have become endemic, I have now learned of the following :  The Vatican would appear to have long had a well established and highly structured organisation to both encourage and support homosexual
Priests.  I don't mean that they are offered therapy, pastoral care or guidance on how to attempt normalisation, but that funds are made available, contacts established, appointments made and official transport provided ( an ambulance, no less, doubtless the faster to get them to their sodomy sessions )
for priests wishing to bugger Rumanian male prostitutes in a derelict chapel in suburban Rome.

All of this and the Pope still forbids contraception despite being well aware of the success of the condom in preventing the spread of Aids !
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2014 at 03:06
Sorry, I misread your topic heading as "Bunga Bunga Panties"
Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2014 at 06:54
No panties worn at Bunga Bunga parties, amigo, although there does exist a photo of me taken at a BB party in Cologne where I had a black satin pair draped over my head. Mind you, I'm more embarrassed that it also shows me holding a can of very cheap lager in my hand......it should have at least been a full Champagne flute !
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2014 at 20:13

Putting to one side this colossal cock up of their plans to smuggle into the Vatican millions of dollars of illicit funds held in very dodgy Swiss bank accounts, AND the fact that child abuse by Catholic priests seems to have become endemic, I have now learned of the following :  The Vatican would appear to have long had a well established and highly structured organisation to both encourage and support homosexual
Priests.  I don't mean that they are offered therapy, pastoral care or guidance on how to attempt normalisation, but that funds are made available, contacts established, appointments made and official transport provided ( an ambulance, no less, doubtless the faster to get them to their sodomy sessions )
for priests wishing to bugger Rumanian male prostitutes in a derelict chapel in suburban Rome.
All of this and the Pope still forbids contraception despite being well aware of the success of the condom in preventing the spread of Aids !

I've always maintained that priests and nuns should be allowed to marry. In order to carry out their pastoral duties, they need to fully understand the pressures of family life. If they were permitted to marry, perhaps the incidence of child sexual abuse would drop considerably.

The Vatican position is based on the rumour that Jesus was not married, but that's being called more and more into question as scholars posit a marriage relationship between Jesus and Mary Magdalene.

If that was ever proven, what difference would it make to the millions of Catholics around the world? None I suspect.

Edited by toyomotor - 03-Feb-2014 at 20:14
Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2014 at 06:32
It is some little while since I submitted my post quoted immediately above, so I was surprised to read it again and see just how anti Catholic it is.  Admittedly I am no fan of Catholicism ( au contraire ! ), but my comments in that thread may be reasonably seen as very anti Catholic.  In mitigation I can only say that I am only reporting what I read in a respectable broadsheet newspaper of a type that is likely to accurately reflect the views of its readers.      If one wishes to snatch a grain of comfort from this news report, I should say that, unlike any critical reports of Muslim impropriety ( where one is likely to have a fatwah declared against oneself ) , or a negative view of Judaism/Israel ( where the weight of the Anti Defamation League will be brought to bear against one ), at least the Vatican appears to have taken it on the chin like a sportsman !    Bravo for them.
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2014 at 18:48

It is some little while since I submitted my post quoted immediately above, so I was surprised to read it again and see just how anti Catholic it is.  Admittedly I am no fan of Catholicism ( au contraire ! ), but my comments in that thread may be reasonably seen as very anti Catholic.  In mitigation I can only say that I am only reporting what I read in a respectable broadsheet newspaper of a type that is likely to accurately reflect the views of its readers.      If one wishes to snatch a grain of comfort from this news report, I should say that, unlike any critical reports of Muslim impropriety ( where one is likely to have a fatwah declared against oneself ) , or a negative view of Judaism/Israel ( where the weight of the Anti Defamation League will be brought to bear against one ), at least the Vatican appears to have taken it on the chin like a sportsman !    Bravo for them.

That's part of the larger problem. Has the Vatican "taken it on the chin"?

The secrecy surrounding some Vatican activities is such, it is said, that not even the Pope knows.

Roman Catholic rules on birth control, marriage and many other things are anathema in a modern society.
Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2014 at 07:28
I haven't bothered to see what the predominant religion of Serbia is, but on my regular visit to the gym yesterday I was horrified to learn from two English girls who had married Serbians just how restrictive and dictatorial their husbands and parents in law had been about all aspects of everyday life.  This commenced at the girls first dates and continued throughout the courtship, marriage ceremonies and subsequent life in a Serbian environment, even when they all live in England.  I sympathised more , though, with the parents of the two girls who, being English, were self effacing and unwilling to make a fuss about anything..............consequently they overwhelmed and had to concede every point and issue
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2014 at 05:37
Originally posted by Mountain Man

Query:  What is a "Bunga Bunga Party"?  Is this somehow related to the old joke about same?
Perhaps it should be a "bungee bungee" party, lots of up and down?Smile
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2014 at 10:08
Originally posted by toyomotor

Originally posted by Mountain Man

Perhaps it should be a "bungee bungee" party, lots of up and down?Smile

Apparently it goes far beyond the old joke.

From Wiki-

An 1852 issue of Hogg's Instructor states that "bunga bunga" is the name given by locals to a location near Moreton Bay on the eastern coast of Australia.[1]

In 1910 Horace de Vere Cole, Virginia Woolf, her brother Adrian Stephen and a small group of friends, pretended to be the Prince of Abyssinia and his entourage. They obtained permission to visit one of the world's most powerful warships HMS Dreadnought in Weymouth, Dorset, in what became known as the Dreadnought hoax. Each time the Commander showed them a marvel of the ship, they murmured the phrase bunga, bunga![2][3] which then became a popular catchphrase of the time.[

A century later, the term bunga bunga became popular again as a joke on the internet.[5] This joke was then narrated by Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi at his dinner parties (in a version which featured, as prisoners, former ministers from the center-left opposition party led by Romano Prodi).[6]

This expression was then frequently quoted by the Italian and international press during the 2011 investigation surrounding Silvio Berlusconi's underage prostitution charges, acquiring a quite different meaning as "an orgy involving a powerful leader"; as such, it was allegedly taught to Silvio Berlusconi by Muammar al-Gaddafi,[7] who was also the unwitting originator of the phrase Zenga Zenga.

In Italy, the term "has become an instant, supposedly hilarious, household expression".[8]

Recent explanations disagree on its meaning, or perhaps illustrate the range of its reference. It "is said to be a sort of underwater orgy where nude young women allegedly encircled the nude host and/or his friends in his swimming pool",[9] "an African-style ritual" performed for male spectators by "20 naked young women",[10] or erotic entertainment hosted by a rich host involving pole dancing and competitive striptease by skimpy-costumed "women in nurses' outfits and police uniforms"[11] — but topless women, the prize being prostitution for the host.[12]

An alternative explanation for its origins was proposed by actress Sabina Began, who claimed that it was a nickname based on her surname and that she had organized the parties.[13]

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2014 at 10:12
There are "images for Bunga Bunga" on Google, but you ain't gonna see em here. Big smile
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2014 at 10:16
Berlusconi,Berlusconi is Hancook on those photos?!?Maybe he is just a hen!Smile

Post Reply Post Reply