Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Difficulty accessing private messages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Difficulty accessing private messages
    Posted: 17-Jun-2013 at 17:56
Another member, who should rightly remain anonymous, has sent me a private message.
Despite many attempts over the past several days, I remain unable to access it.
I am very sorry, but I have tried to the best of my ability.

Cheers.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2013 at 00:09
Can you delete it and have them resend?
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2013 at 05:13
[QUOTE=red clay]Can you delete it and have them resend?

Thanks for the tip, amigo.  I suspect that the real cause of the problem is that I was determined to open the message myself, and as someone who, until last October, had a secretary, a personal assistant and a dozen young and eager subordinates to attend to my IT needs, I am just too thick and IT ignorant to do it myself.  My fifteen year old is off school for six weeks now, so I'll get her to attend to it for me.
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2013 at 05:20
No need to over stress yourself, Marlin47, my message was as follows:

I was just thinking that at present you've not got an avatar. I thought this might suit 

If you're having any tech problems, then Cyrus is the person to ask.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2013 at 11:28
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

No need to over stress yourself, Marlin47, my message was as follows:

I was just thinking that at present you've not got an avatar. I thought this might suit 

If you're having any tech problems, then Cyrus is the person to ask.

I thank you for your concern in believing me to be stressed.  May I assure you that I wasn't.
I was more concerned that someone had sent me a private message and that I appeared to be ignoring it 
That would have been bad manners, so I am pleased that it has now been resolved.

Regrettably, I did not previously know what an avatar was. Thanks to you, my friend, I do now.  As to whether or not I would presume to have the great Iron Duke as my avatar,that is quite a horse of a different colour.

Had I not recently renewed contact with my old regiment ( regrettably disbanded in 1993 ) , I may well habut hidden the Duke as an avatar, but having now raised my head above the parapet once more, I daren't purport to be even vaguely connected with the great man.
Perhaps Sir Harry Flashman may be more suitable, methinks ?   Amongst other things he was a cad and a bounder  ; characters I may more suitably identify with, don't you think ?  Incidentally, on the subject of my renewing contact with my old regiment, and being a cad and a bounder - more to follow !
 Post Reply Post Reply