Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turkic Pantheon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Online Status: Offline
  Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turkic Pantheon
    Posted: 24-Nov-2013 at 13:48
wow ty ollios they are very lovely but how huma is in our mythology do you have any story about it ? i can show its status in takhte jamshid it completely is persian ! and simorgh is not a Phoenix

Phoenix  in persian is ghoghnus !simorgh is magical bird and it can make egg and baby !btw ty again
yomud are free people
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2013 at 16:45
Originally posted by yomud

wow ty ollios they are very lovely but how huma is in our mythology do you have any story about it ? i can show its status in takhte jamshid it completely is persian !

I said it came form Persian. It is bird in heaven, according to Islamic myhts. They took the pagan Persian figure and used it. Turks did same thing. http://img03.blogcu.com/images/a/k/a/akana/umay_copy_1240673888.jpg

She is winged women so they used the Huma
http://www.turkistan.org.tr/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/%C3%96zbekistan-Armas%C4%B1.jpg
Huma bird on the coast of arm of Uzbekistan

and simorgh is not a Phoenix. Phoenix  in persian is ghoghnus !simorgh is magical bird and it can make egg and baby !btw ty again

please send me some links about their difference

We use word "Anka" (Angha) for phoenix in Turkish. They are same in my culture Big smile But I love to know reality in Iran

Edited by Ollios - 24-Nov-2013 at 16:46
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2013 at 04:51
EMERALD ANGHA
Simurgh also goes by the name of Zumrud (emerald). It was an ancient tale about Malik Mammad, the son of one of the wealthiest kings of Azerbaijan. That king had a big garden. In the center of this garden is a magical apple tree which yields apples every day. One ugly giant called Div decides to steal all the apples every night. The king sends Malik Mammad and his elder brothers fight the giant. In the middle of this tale Malik Mammad saves Simurgh's babies from a dragon. Simurgh takes pleasure of Malik Mammad and decides to help him. When Malik Mammad wants to pass from The Dark world into the Light world Simurgh asks him to provide 40 half carcasses of meat and 40 wineskin filled with water. When Simurgh puts water on its left wing and meat on its right wing Malik Mammad is able to enter the Light world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simurgh#In_Azerbaijani_folklore

This is the only fair tale which I have listent from my grandpa(who was born in Bulgaria). The structure was same; apple, giant, light-dark world, saving baby birds from snakes, 40-meat and 40-water

Is it common in Turkic world? and what about origin Turkic or Persian?

and the name of Emerald??? why. In Turkey, we call it with same name, but it is a phoenix. What is its difference in Central Asia?

If I were Marvel, I would create some combination of these  Big smile

Green-Blue fire symbolizes death                      and Angha is a phoenix(in my culture)

Bird of Death; A phoenix with blue-green fire Big smile
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2013 at 07:36
Originally posted by ollios

]please send me some links about their difference

We use word "Anka" (Angha) for phoenix in Turkish. They are same in my culture Big smile But I love to know reality in Iran
  well i couldn't find the good link as we all know phoenix dont have mate and in the end of his life he gather some wood and burn himself and reborn from his own egg and cycle of his life countiud but simorgh is not like that so i will tell you a story from shahname than you will get your answer angha is something very new i didn't hear it b4

there was very great prince in perisa name isfandyar he was a great and he do a lot of good thing one day as reward of good thing he has done prophet zoroaster took hims to well of eternity he enter the well with out any cloth holy water touch all of his skin after that he could be harm like achilles . isfandyar grow haughty since nothing could stop him the evil slowly grow with in him yet he consider is good hero not evil . in the and he ask from his father to hand over the throne he give 7 impossible task to isfandyar hoping he will fails the 6th i think was to kill the simorgh's babies so isfandyar goes to ghaf mountain in land of deives and kill the babies in simorgh's absents  the last task was to arrest or kill the rostam the another legendery persian hero who was champion of iranian in war against turanians . he was a hero who never defeated so isfandyar goes to baluchestan  where the rostam lives and they agee to fight next morning . next day fight start from morning to night with out stop or rest every time rostam hit isfandyar nothing happens every time isfandyar hit rostam   rostam bleeds at the night rostam for the first time ask for rokhsat ( it's demand of rest and fighting next day its shame for great hero to ask it's greater shame for opposite to refuse ) at the night rostam come back to home he was bleeding from feet to head he he lost a lot of blood . long time ago simorgh give rostam it's feather and told him if he need any help burn the feather in that night rostam burned the feather and simorgh fly to baluchestan and find nearly dead rostam . she quickly heal the rostam than rostam ask how he can defeat the foe which can not be defeated than simorgh answer when isfandyar enter the well he close his eye and water didn't touch his eye he give rostam the two head magical and poisoned arrow next day rostam kill the isfandyar

yomud are free people
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2013 at 07:37
Originally posted by Ollios

EMERALD ANGHA
Simurgh also goes by the name of Zumrud (emerald). It was an ancient tale about Malik Mammad, the son of one of the wealthiest kings of Azerbaijan. That king had a big garden. In the center of this garden is a magical apple tree which yields apples every day. One ugly giant called Div decides to steal all the apples every night. The king sends Malik Mammad and his elder brothers fight the giant. In the middle of this tale Malik Mammad saves Simurgh's babies from a dragon. Simurgh takes pleasure of Malik Mammad and decides to help him. When Malik Mammad wants to pass from The Dark world into the Light world Simurgh asks him to provide 40 half carcasses of meat and 40 wineskin filled with water. When Simurgh puts water on its left wing and meat on its right wing Malik Mammad is able to enter the Light world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simurgh#In_Azerbaijani_folklore

This is the only fair tale which I have listent from my grandpa(who was born in Bulgaria). The structure was same; apple, giant, light-dark world, saving baby birds from snakes, 40-meat and 40-water

Is it common in Turkic world? and what about origin Turkic or Persian?

and the name of Emerald??? why. In Turkey, we call it with same name, but it is a phoenix. What is its difference in Central Asia?

If I were Marvel, I would create some combination of these  Big smile

Green-Blue fire symbolizes death                      and Angha is a phoenix(in my culture)

Bird of Death; A phoenix with blue-green fire Big smile
idk about central asia i know only about iran :D
yomud are free people
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2013 at 13:11
Thanks for the story Big smile

so Turkmens didn't call Angha as Emerald Angha, did they?

BTW even in the Harry Potter series the name of book "Order of the Phoenix" is somthing like "Fellowship of Emerald Angha"

Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2013 at 04:48

Thanks for the story Big smile

so Turkmens didn't call Angha as Emerald Angha, did they?

BTW even in the Harry Potter series the name of book "Order of the Phoenix" is somthing like "Fellowship of Emerald Angha"

well you should as this from some one who live in turkmenistan however i call phoenix as ghoghnus like all of my countryman

ok im done my part now tell me about huma and umay Big smile

Edited by yomud - 10-Dec-2013 at 04:49
yomud are free people
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2013 at 15:19

well you should as this from some one who live in turkmenistan however i call phoenix as ghoghnus like all of my countryman

Ghoghnus, what does it mean? I mean first letters sound like gök=sky. Do you know the origin of this word?

Huma and Umay issue, as you see in the photo, Umay has wings so maybe she can turn into a bird. Also when this bird crows on the head of new born baby. This means luck

Huma come from the Persian also there is an Indian version to which is Kaan Kerede (comes from Garuda). It can eat baby horse

BTW Kırghız people have different bird "Alp Kara Kuş"  which causes storm when it flys

Story of Kaan Kerede and Alp Kara kuş have similar mythic figures like giant bird, snake and baby birds

Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2013 at 15:28
Huma bird on the head of Kul Tigin
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c0/Kul_Tigin.jpg/200px-Kul_Tigin.jpg
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2013 at 15:44
about Huma bird and luck

are the birds symbol of luck in many culture? I couldn't find it in here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lucky_symbols

it is an important figure in Turkey

the adv of national lottery in Turkey
http://www.habergazete.com/resimler/haber/haber_detay/milli-piyango-sonuclari-1369850612.jpg
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2013 at 23:44
Yes, Snafu, the situation is normal, it is all fuc_d up! LOL
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2014 at 15:30

Ghoghnus, what does it mean? I mean first letters sound like gök=sky. Do you know the origin of this word?

well persian wikipedia says it's came from greek word Kuknos but you also may right ! i never think that way !

wow you shock me having common history with persians is one thing having common myth is some thing els !

Edited by yomud - 28-Jan-2014 at 15:43
yomud are free people
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2014 at 08:28
Hera and Peacock
http://www.greek-gods.info/greek-gods/hera/images/juno-argos.jpg

Umay and Huma bird
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/09/d8/d9/09d8d9cafd510da0882a6f9e784e5388.jpg

and both goddess are also known as protector of children
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2014 at 17:32
this is our page we talk about turkic gods before islam here  ollios is my good dude here he is turkish guy from turkey you ill like him 
yomud are free people
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2014 at 17:35
dude are you with me ? 
yomud are free people
rmi5 View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote rmi5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2014 at 17:35

this is our page we talk about turkic gods before islam here  ollios is my good dude here he is turkish guy from turkey you ill like him 

It seems to be an interesting thread. I am interested to know about pre-islamic beliefs and gods. I need to read the forum to find out whether there is anything about Tengri or not ;)
BTW, hi @ollios
rmi5 View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote rmi5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2014 at 17:38

dude are you with me ? 
Yes, I am ;) I was just a bit slow, since I need some time to adapt to the new environment :)
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2014 at 17:40
you will be more intrested of you know we turkmens still have some element of our old gods before i came here some turkmen words was just a meaningless word but today i found out that they were our gods 

here me and ollios start to talk about oghuz folk language

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34322&PID=701377#701377

with your help i guess we could make better understanding about our language and dont use @ it's not PDF it dont work here :D
yomud are free people
rmi5 View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote rmi5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2014 at 17:43

you will be more intrested of you know we turkmens still have some element of our old gods before i came here some turkmen words was just a meaningless word but today i found out that they were our gods 

here me and ollios start to talk about oghuz folk language

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34322&PID=701377#701377

with your help i guess we could make better understanding about our language and dont use @ it's not PDF it dont work here :D
OK buddy ;)
BTW, my Azeri turkish is not good, but I may know somethings. BTW, how can I be notified when someone quotes me? and how can I mention some member in my posts?

Edited by rmi5 - 22-Feb-2014 at 17:44
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2014 at 17:46
ok i got it you have problem with panel unlike PDF we dont have alert here so you must keep pushing new post bottom if your are first time your are using new post than you have to put it to recent time like 15 min otherwise it will show you all the post of a year i guess  
yomud are free people
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>