Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turkic Pantheon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Snafu View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Snafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turkic Pantheon
    Posted: 21-Jun-2013 at 03:17
I'm not even sure who "Kuara" is. There's a Mongol god of rain called Qura Khan, maybe they screwed up the spelling.

Erlik looks like Shredder from the teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2013 at 07:36
Originally posted by TITAN_

I don't see the parallel there. The Holy Spirit did not give birth to God! 

I started my sentence with "I believe" so don't take it to serious Big smile

Even some myths, Tengri and Kayra is same person, in some myhts Kayra and Ulgen. People can change the orginal names so you can't decide which one is true.

I don't prefer to give a shape to Tengri as said in wiki,
"[[Tengri]] is one of the names for the primary chief deity in the religion of the early Turkic people. The words [[Tengri]] and [[Sky]] were synonyms. It is unknown how Tengri looks like." 

By contrast, someone can image him a old mucular guy who holds a thunder like Zeus

Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2013 at 07:48
Originally posted by Arthur-Robin

i've been following this topic with much interest thanks.

Thanks Arthur also Aborgine myths are interesting, please create a topic Big smile. I remember that rainbow is a snake in their myths. I love mtyhs from Inti to Loki, from Shiva to rainbow snake Wink
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2013 at 08:18
Originally posted by Snafu

I'm not even sure who "Kuara" is. There's a Mongol god of rain called Qura Khan, maybe they screwed up the spelling.
"In Turkic shamanism, the god of thunder. Also called Kvara. He was held in particular reverence by the early Bulgars."   (this is all information Cry)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuara

Originally posted by Snafu

Erlik looks like Shredder from the teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

he should have animal head, shouldnt he? but maybe this is because of buddist effect

left side
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Erlik in Comics

Green Erlik and his servents khats

Red Erlik

multi-arm Erlik

Edited by Ollios - 21-Jun-2013 at 08:47
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2013 at 08:33
Erlik and Loki both have horn in some descriptions. It is quite interesting. However there is no horned Loki in modern era. Does Loki really have horn? and why Hollywood chooses current figure instead of Loki in modern era.  

Lokistone

But in modern are, there is no horn

Erlik is close with Buddist-Chinese underworld/death god  Yama and Hinduist god Yama

Chinese-Tibetian                                                   Hindu                        

Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2013 at 05:54

as you see, he is quite similar with yama

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have talked about Turkic Santa and now Turkic Christmas

21-24 December are the longest nights so these days are holy in many culture.

As Persian Yalda, Turks have own special festival for it. It is Nardugan. It means "sun is rising" White pine tree is also symbol of this festival. 

Normally, There is no Christmas ceremony in Turkey(without minorities). Turks celebrate new year. Santa and  illuminating tree is part of new year celebrations, but even there is huge resist against it. New year celebrations seems like Christmas for religious Turks. By contrastly they have new enemy now. Big smile Nardugan has started to celebrate in Turkey for a few years. Small local goverment prepared events for it in past years, but it is for common in Central Asia and Russia(Tataristan)

"For the Bulgars of the Volga-Kama region, the victory of light over darkness (typical for the Indo-Iranian worldview) represented probably their most ancient holiday, whose date corresponded to the Indo-Iranian celebration of Mitra. Over countless generations, their nation kept the memory alive of how Alp Nardugan, the natural spirit responsible for providing his people with abundant crops, had confronted the malicious spirits whose aim it was to block out the sun to mankind. Taking the form of a rook, Nardugan victoriously returned the sun’s warm rays to the wintery world below, sending his scorched body plummeting to the earth; where his jet-black feathers were transformed into steppe horses dark as the night. Recognizing his bravery and selflessness, the supreme Tangra granted him a new life, and so the rook appears each year to signal the beginning of Spring, the re-awakening of the living earth.....

...In Tatarstan, for Christian and Muslim Tatars alike, Nardugan Beyrem is again gaining a significant cultural importance. Exclusively rural in previous centuries, in Naberezhnye Chelny, the holiday is today seen as the vivid embodiment of the nation’s glorious past, especially for Kereshen Tatars, who celebrate it at the same time as Orthodox Epiphany. It is worthy to not that the Keresheni are experiencing a revival of culture and a rejuvenation of religious fellowship not unlike their Muslim brethren following the breakup of the Soviet Union. For Muslim Tatars, Nardugan remains a largely secular, cultural holiday. The theater performances are the main event, among which are “Nardugan Kureneshe” and “Shaytan Tue,” and activities including a competition for the most delicious pancake and the burning of small ritual fires. Those in attendance can also witness the talents of Tatarstan’s soloists and folk music ensembles, who make their way from as far as Samara and Bashkortostan."

"Day of a winter solstice, on December, 22 (nardugan) celebrated everywhere because from this day duration days starts to increase. To date of a winter solstice the important place was allocated{removed}, similarly modern New Year's for it is day when the sun finishes the annual cycle and should come back again. Day of a winter solstice named " small New year " (Nardugan).

On holiday Nardugan in all houses of the woman prepared for celebratory dishes. In the morning of the man made a sacrifice to spirits of ancestors and spirits - houses for well-being of family in the expired year and asked about its{her} prosperity in the future. After sacrifices to spirits of ancestors members of family with its full complement were present at a celebratory feast. After a dinner all making related, neighbours left on street and fun, games, dancings began. People, having formed a circle, went around of fur-trees on a course of the sun. Thus, typed{collected} vital energy for overcoming the stayed winter season."

http://s155239215.onlinehome.us/turkic/52Bezertinov/TengriBezertinovCh2p41-70En.htm

yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2013 at 14:09
ollios i read the Erlik have 9 boy and girl  and they helping their father in doing evil things what are their name and what power they have ? Smile
yomud are free people
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2013 at 17:46
Originally posted by yomud

ollios i read the Erlik have 9 boy and girl  and they helping their father in doing evil things what are their name and what power they have ? Smile

Blackgirls
They destroy shaman's focus, when he prays. They use own sexual charm.

Just two of them has a name
*Kiştey Ana(she has eight eye but I don't know why) some sources say that she can turn into black fox.
*Erke Hanım(Sultan/Solton) Erk means power

Blackboys
Karaş Han   : God of Darkness, he has black snakes
Matır Han     : Fearless war god. He knows as stone wrist. Wrist is apower symbol, like in arm wrestling. There is also an idiom in Turkish. When you beat someone, you can say "I curled his wrist" but you can't curl stone, can you? 
Şıngay Han : It is like Eris. God of Chaos. In modern Turkish, we use word çıngar instead of chaos/noise. When a Turkish women say I will make çıngar if you don't leave, it means she will yell and call police Big smile
Kömür Han : Kömür means also coal. This guy wears black and important god of Erlik. Kömür han is second ruler of Turkic underground
Badış Han   :  God of disease and diasters, he was one arm which has nine people power
Yabaş Han   : A god who is between black shaman and Erlik han.
Temir Han   :Demir means iron so he is Turkic Hephaistos. He is the one who teachs the smithery to humanity. He has one eye
Uçar Han     :God of bad news and spys
Kerey Han  :He is anothor Eris

yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2013 at 08:16
did they have animal for them self if so than what is it  ??? for expl  Erlik's animal is bear

do we have any info about worshiping or which people worship the which god ? do we have sacrifice cultures (human one) or tattoos i think most of turkmens here worship the Evil Gods while those in turkey worship good gods ofc be4 we all become muslem can u tell me more about Kerey Han  he is well respected here
yomud are free people
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2013 at 08:18
one more thing does tengri 's animal is wolf ?? (possible asena ?)
yomud are free people
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2013 at 13:37

did they have animal for them self if so than what is it  ??? for expl  Erlik's animal is bear

I am learning this from you. Erlik and Bear Big smile

Deer = Ak Ana, she has horn like deer
Huma Bird (or somekind of mythological bird) = Umay
Swan = Ayızıt (Goddess of Beauty)

These are first things which I can remember

and yes wolf is animal of goktengri

which people worship the which god ?
I have no idea

do we have sacrifice cultures (human one) or tattoos

*Ancient Turks were buring their horse when horse owner died

*There is a kind of sacrifice which is bloodless. Let an animal go to be free. People when choose one of the animals, they don't use its wool and milk or it doesn't use for carring. In proper time they let it go

*Human sacrifice isseu isn't clear, so source say it is forbiden but some sources says it is tradition

Stories about human sacrifice
:Goktengri and Ak Ana(Sea Goddnes) meet in a cave. Ak ana goes there in a white deer shape but a clan hunt it. After that, when Göktürks need a human for sacrifice, take one person from that clan. This was their punishment.

:A Byzantine delegate has a story about death ceremony of Istami han

:There is a human sacrifice in epic legend of Ural Batyr. Khagan burnt people in ceremony of his birth 

i think most of turkmens here worship the Evil Gods while those in turkey worship good gods ofc be4 we all become muslem can u tell me more about Kerey Han  he is well respected here 

Confused I don't think that I understood you. If he is important in there, please tell us. You should know much then me

yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2013 at 02:56
Originally posted by ollios

]I don't think that I understood you. If he is important in there, please tell us. You should know much then me
 well i dont wanna say he is well respected tody but surly he was well respected so many gerey name are here land rock tribe even part of my mother's surname is gerey  so maybe in east the evil dark gods are worship as we know the black is color of evil and white is color of light and good . seljuks who move to west have white 2 head  hawk as their banner this maybe means they worshiped good gods . i have little info about salgur but i know their animal and banner was eagle as today we can see the trace of evil gods here maybe the salgur eagle was black eagle ! u was karaman turkmen huh ?? oh boy i cant imagine u as evil turkmen with 2 horn on your head and flaming shoulders holding flaming sword with your right hand holding black chain of 2 itbarak pet with your left  Evil Smile

seljuk

Edited by yomud - 09-Sep-2013 at 03:16
yomud are free people
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2013 at 04:49

well i dont wanna say he is well respected tody but surly he was well respected so many gerey name are here land rock tribe even part of my mother's surname is gerey  so maybe in east the evil dark gods are worship 

I think it is beacuse Central Asians protect the trace of their old religion more then Anatolians like if you go Yakutestan, you can find real shamans. But Turks in Anatolia is for close to Arabs and also we lived close the other Abramic religion which is Christianity so I think that's why people believe much more strong. We are living in religion conflict line, that's why we lost all clear sing of shamanism.  

In Greek mythology you can pray Poseidon for much more hunting fish (good side) or not to create stroms (bad side) but not in Turkic myth 

If you want to protection you should use black shaman and underworld gods so I can't say any thing about like at. I think in east or west people need all gods

yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2013 at 19:41
so your saying me long time ago we worship all gods at same time ? VERY COOL Approve
yomud are free people
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2013 at 19:21
do we have any sea or creatures ?? and  how do accept other people who change their religion to ours ? i mean in islam we must say some word and Christianity it has it's own way . what is our way ?
yomud are free people
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2013 at 14:21

do we have any sea or creatures ??

Sea? like sea god? we talked that before

Creatures? like Tulpar

how do accept other people who change their religion to ours ? i mean in islam we must say some word and Christianity it has it's own way . what is our way ?

I have no idea but Kyrgyzstan has many tengrist people so ask them Big smile
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2013 at 18:03
Originally posted by ollios

]Sea? like sea god? we talked that before

Creatures? like Tulpar
  yea you told me about sea gods but no Kraken or something els i was looking for ulgen pic in internet and i found this

akana.blogcu.com
the web is filtered and i cant see who is she  so i just guess you may something about it btw you didn't tell me something about sky we all know tulpar but what els our dragons dont have leg and wing so it can't fly so what will hunt our flying horse ??Big smile

and one more thing what do we have on ground except  itbarak ? what do are demons look like ?LOL

yomud are free people
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2013 at 13:05

yea you told me about sea gods but no Kraken or something els i was looking for ulgen pic in internet and i found this

akana.blogcu.com
the web is filtered and i cant see who is she  so i just guess you may something about it

It is symbolic picture of Akana. The previous age of Turkic mythology like Gaia in Greeks, she is the main goddess. Seas are in her responsibilty and deer is her symbol. She is also in creation myth.

btw you didn't tell me something about sky we all know tulpar but what els our dragons dont have leg and wing so it can't fly so what will hunt our flying horse ??Big smile

and one more thing what do we have on ground except  itbarak ? what do are demons look like ?LOL

Yes, we don't speak the creatures much
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2013 at 12:11
Gigantic Birds

As Phoenix in West or Simung/Angha in Persian myths, Turks have great birds but there is great Persian effect in this case

Tugrul and Konrul: Both birds can reborn and live near the tree of life. Tugrul is the bird of Mongols, Konrul is the bird of Turks. But in Turkey name Tugrul still live instead of Konrul

Tugrul is also Hungarians national symbol

Huma Bird: Persian originate bird but in Turks. It is with goddess Umay

Oskoko: Double head-bird which brings rain and thunder

Merkut: Another great bird which helps shaman to reach the god

Edited by Ollios - 23-Nov-2013 at 12:13
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2013 at 12:35
Dragons

Evren/Ejder= Universe

Bukrek and Sangal: Sea Dragons, they fight each other

Zilant: In Tatar myths

Yelbeghen: A dragon which eats sun and moon during the eclipses

Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>