Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

queen Bebba

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: queen Bebba
    Posted: 26-Apr-2016 at 07:55
The genealogical lists are now posted at:
http://iwillnotbeassimilated.blogspot.co.nz/p/bambrough.html

I don't have the time to (better re-)answer some things in previous posts that still feel abit unfair implyings about me. But here are what i was able to briefly comment on:

The Bambrough prince family story is that wwe are descended from either a "Prussian prince" *or* a "German prince". My father could not remember which exactly his father said.

Another person surnamed Bambrough in Newcastle who i found on facebook also said his family have the same story.

I don't know how far back or recent this "prussian"/"german" prince is.

I agree that all early claims esp on amateur genealogy sites could be unreliable.

I am not "trying" to link anyone or anything. I am trying to find the truth, and am working with all best evidences.
And i am not wishful thinking, or making theory fit anything.

I know that the prince is no big deal. It is probably only some minor and distant prince. I just want to know who it was for certain thats all (just like i want to know who the Italian ww2 pow (that had an affair with my mothers mother and who seemingly is my real maternal grandfather) is). Many people have nobility/royalty/etc in their family trees, i have a friend who is related to the stuarts, another is related to Rutherford and Guy fawkes, so i am just a nobody. my grandfather or great grandfather was only a coal miner.

There are possible links between British Celts &/or Anglo-Saxons and the Baltics/Slavs, such as Zernebogus (Walter Scott, Hislop), Aestii, etc. TRR Welling claimed that his Ogle(d) ancestors brought in people from Baltic sea to Northumbria.

The most  likely Bambrough prince is someone of the later Ida family like Ealdred. There are other less likely possiblitites such as Jewish prince-bishops of Bamberg/Babenberg (Austria/Bavaria); A junker of Brandenburg/Prussia; Polish count Boruwlaski; The Babenberg of Austria (before Hapsburgs) direct line indeed died out.

Fil(i)a could indeed possibly be the "name" for an unknown daughter, or could be invented like some believe. "No evidence" may or may not be true. "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence".

Sources like "Nennius" (HB) can be more reliable than scholars believe. See my ebooks on 12 battles of "(King) Arthur" and 'Wonders of Britain' here http://www.allempires.com/forum/ebook_view.asp?ForumID=14 . (And alot of academics don't seem to genuinely be trying to get to bottom of queries.) Funny how modern scholars use their previous peer scholars theories to attack others now.

Misunderstanding / Miscommunication cuts both ways. I don't think i am so harsh/unfair on others as others seem to me (though i am sometimes wrong/paranoid etc).

In the orginal lists i posted in other site I never said or meant any relationship of the others with the Howsham Bamburghs. I had stated/said that that particular block/list was only a chronological list of not necessarily (directly) related Bambrough named persons.

That was some good analysis thinking by Sidney (and by Beorna and others).

It is possible that Bebba/Bearnoch could perhaps be for Celts or something rather than a literal person.
Bernicia/Bearnoch/Bryneich might be related to some Arthurian names?

The dates of genealogical sites are often only circa.
The dates of orthodox scholars are very inaccurate/unrelaible sometimes (like Ida's date is disputible from my Arthurian research).

I don't take any sources lightly, and i also don't dismiss any sources lightly either. I try to synthesise all evidences, try to find the truth.

Working backwards from the known to unknown is not necessarily always the only best way.

The may have been a real Woden/Odin, like say the Woden-lithi as in the Peterborough inscriptions in Barry Fell's books. A Votan in Mesoamerican. Dodanim in Genesis??
dUtuan in Hittite? Utanapada (& Dhruva) in Indian ~ Odin (& Donar/Thor) in Norse/German??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12