Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Moore: stupid white men

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Azita View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Azita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Michael Moore: stupid white men
    Posted: 24-Feb-2013 at 09:27
I re visited this book yesterday.

I know it was banned in the USA for a while.

Has his work in this book been debunked or discredited?

What do members think about the book and Moores claims in it?

Azita

I did never know so full a voice issue from so empty a heart: but the saying is true 'The empty vessel makes the greatest sound'.
TITAN_ View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote TITAN_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2013 at 07:12
What is this book about? A synopsis would help us who have not read it.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2013 at 08:59
Originally posted by Azita

I re visited this book yesterday.

I know it was banned in the USA for a while.

Has his work in this book been debunked or discredited?

What do members think about the book and Moores claims in it?

Azita

It was never banned in the US.  To the contrary, it was on the NYT "Best Seller" list for some time in 2000, when it first was pubbed.

Has his work been debunked? Over and over and then some.  A short para. from one of the many debunking reviews.-

To read it without guffaws, one must suspend disbelief. Not to mention common sense. Mad cow disease has stricken 200,000 Americans. Enron and Halliburton are great investments. Nader did the Demos a real favor in the 2000 election. There is no economic downturn. Kim Jong II of North Korea is turning over a new leaf.

I believe I read this book back in 2001, I mustn't have been that impressed as I don't really recall much.  But Moore is someone who seems to have a need to feel superior to others, and his book and followers mirror that.
I myself think Moore is a self serving idiot.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2013 at 10:23
A ''self serving idiot''; presupposing his wealth and fame allow him recognition as a subject matter expert, in several fields, that are nothing more then proselyzations of his political ideology and agendas.

They are found in all political camps.....many currently elected officials.

Problem is they don't know shit about most things that remain important to me personally or the welfare of the body politic, at large, in general, insofar as I would desire. Let alone accept the concept that their-the agendas on the left, right, liberal and conservative, remain challengeable.....and rejectable.

You'd be better served..... Reading a well researched historical treatise on damn near anything then the tripe your referencing. Because if ya actually believe this individual a historian with an objective examination and offering the same in analysis....your fracked.

I'd give ya a link but part of your educational broadening should be ...you do your own work.

But I'll give ya one anyway just because I'm a generous man.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Post Reply Post Reply