Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mongol Empire, the largest empire ever in history

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mongolian Horde View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mongolian Horde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mongol Empire, the largest empire ever in history
    Posted: 12-Jan-2017 at 06:20
The Mongols also reached as far as modern day Indonesia. I believe the British were still the biggest, but the Mongols weren't far behind at all!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_invasion_of_Java

Edited by medenaywe - 12-Jan-2017 at 09:08
bolat View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote bolat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2016 at 01:27
TongueTongue
nawaz View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote nawaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2014 at 12:21
It is very interesting that I could not find any data for acorns being found on the sites of the Yamna culture and Cucuteni Trypillian cultre. Why? Did I just miss the available data or were these two cultures different from the rest of the Old European cultures? Is it because these two cultures were the true Steppe cultures as opposed to all the other European cultures which were forest cultures? 

Edited by nawaz - 14-Nov-2014 at 12:22
arundeep View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote arundeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2014 at 12:31
my dear friend, if total asia is the mongolian empire, then the total world is a british empire because british invaded 1 out of every 10 countries as shown in below
and more over British sailed across the sea and its not an easy task to do. and mongolians were defeated several times in war. but british was as onesided. if countires visited by mongolia also comes under mongolian empire then the whole world is a british empire...
Sixteen String Jack View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Suspended

Quote Sixteen String Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2013 at 09:12
Originally posted by TITAN_

You both make the same mistake. You say 458 billion people, while you mean 458 million people.

I didn't realise I put 458 billion.  I thought I put 458 million.

Big smile
TITAN_ View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote TITAN_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2013 at 08:53
You both make the same mistake. You say 458 billion people, while you mean 458 million people.
αἰὲν ἀριστεύειν
Een aristevin
“Ever to Excel“
From Homer's Iliad (8th century BC).
Motto of the University of St Andrews (founded 1410), the Edinburgh Academy (founded 1824) and others.
Janissary
Janissary

Suspended

Quote Sixteen String Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2013 at 08:40
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

Originally posted by Sixteen String Jack

You are partaking in a bit of wishful thinking there.

The British Empire is not only the largest empire in history in terms of area, it's also the largest empire in history in terms of population.  It had a population of 458 billion in 1938.  The British Empire was also the richest empire in history.

British Empire beats Mongol Empire hands down.
With the world population being at about just over two billion in 1938 I'm just guessing your 458 billion for the British Empire might be slightly out. Anyway, such figures in Empire size due to population are a matter of percentage of world population.

No.  The figures are correct.

The human population of Earth in 1938 was 2.3 billion.

Around the time, and since the early 1920s, the British Empire ruled over 458 billion people, about a fifth of the world's population in 1938.

Edited by Sixteen String Jack - 16-Apr-2013 at 08:42
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2013 at 14:49
Originally posted by Sixteen String Jack

The British Empire is not only the largest empire in history in terms of area, it's also the largest empire in history in terms of population.  It had a population of 458 billion in 1938.  The British Empire was also the richest empire in history.

With the world population being at about just over two billion in 1938 I'm just guessing your 458 billion for the British Empire might be slightly out. Anyway, such figures in Empire size due to population are a matter of percentage of world population.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Janissary
Janissary

Suspended

Quote Sixteen String Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2013 at 13:55

Bushido View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Bushido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2013 at 07:28
According to the British history book, the British Empire is the largest empire in history ever with the total area of 33.6 million km2, the second largest is the Mongol Empire which is 33.0 million km2.

However, at the peak of British Empire, northern and western Canada, central Australia and the vast land in Africa were no man's land, Britains count them a part of British Empire.

Therefore, for the sake of fairness, we must count Siberia as a part of Mongol Empire. Mongol Empire ruled from Korea to Hungary at it's peak which is more than half of Europe (around 5 million km2). The total area of Asia is 44 million km2, minus Arabian Peninsula, India, Indo-China Peninsula, southeast Asia and Japan, Mongols ruled around 9 million km2 in Asia.

44 + 5 - 9 = 40 million km2 is the real area of Mongol Empire. Moreover, southeast Asia + Japan < 3 million km2, so the area of Mongol Empire was actually larger than 40 million km2.

Plus Mongols ruled India from 16th till 19th century, so the total area which Mongols ruled is a lot more than Britains ruled.

Post Reply Post Reply