Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who built Stonehenge?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who built Stonehenge?
    Posted: 23-Jan-2013 at 05:21

I've read lots of books about the mysterious builders of Stonehenge. But who built Stonehenge. Here's someone's strange perspective:

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2013 at 05:27
Humans built it.If they worked on sunlight they were also more or less black.SmileBlack people were part of Egyptian civilization also but it was multicultural as i can see it.Regards Romeoandler.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2013 at 08:30
I think this stands in with the Scotia myth. 
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2013 at 08:35
Originally posted by red clay

I think this stands in with the Scotia myth. 
Scotia myth, red?
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2013 at 10:45
Yup.  There is a legend that has an Egyptian Princess, named Scotia, fleeing the Old Kingdom drought with a few hundred subjects and ended up in and settling "Scotland".   There actually is some evidence to suggest this could have happened.  In the 30's they discovered the hulls of 2 Egyptian vessels in the mud somewhere on the Thames.  Notice I wrote, "could have".

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2013 at 11:27
Next on our programming - Mayans built the Egyptian pyramids!

Although we are constantly turning up new evidence of travels beyond what was previously known, the current trends of making announcements without solid proof is indicative of the depths to which "research" has fallen.

Could there have been "black" people in Scotland?  Possibly, but not if they were Egyptians, who are brown Mediterraneans.  And, since the Egyptians never built anything even remotely like Stonehenge, no basis for them constructing such a thing elsewhere.  In fact, no record of any race from the Middle East or Africa building such structures...not even the ancient Minoans.

Personally, I think the scholars are missing a good bet, however,  I have it on good faith from an old tribal chieftain that the South American native Indian tribes actually journeyed to Egypt and built the pyramids as copies of their Meso-American ones, and that is what explains the uncanny similarities.  Tune in next week for more startling revelations.  Cool
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Azita View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Quote Azita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2013 at 12:01
Originally posted by Mountain Man

No No No! silly man, it was the Goa'uld  Wink

Stonehenge isn't even a "henge".
 Must say it is rather boring to me, i have been 3(?) times.
Just walk round a roped area. Cant even go "in" it
 It is an imponderable just how the ancient English did build it

I think Ħaġar Qim  ( Malta) is a better visit, i did read that the same culture built both.

Azita

General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2013 at 12:55
Originally posted by Azita

No No No! silly man, it was the Goa'uld  Wink

Stonehenge isn't even a "henge".
 Must say it is rather boring to me, i have been 3(?) times.
Just walk round a roped area. Cant even go "in" it
 It is an imponderable just how the ancient English did build it

I think Ħaġar Qim  ( Malta) is a better visit, i did read that the same culture built both.

Azita

I was fortunate to be able to visit twice while it was still completely open to the public.  Even laid down on the altar and gazed at the sky - erie feeling.

Edited by Mountain Man - 23-Jan-2013 at 19:00
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2013 at 14:51
I thought it was obvious who built stonehenge: the Bronze Age ancestors of the ancient Britons. Their priests (and the later druids) used it for ceremonies 
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Kevinmeath View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Kevinmeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2013 at 16:36
Well the populations of Wales, Ireland and Western England seem rather pale for people out of Africa.
cymru am byth
Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2013 at 16:45
So Aylmer von Fleischer thinks that Africans built Stonehenge? There's a queue though;
Local folklore blamed the devil. Inigo Jones thought the Romans built it. Walter Charlton said it was the Danes. William Stukeley said it was the Celts. Others said it was built by the Phoenicians, the Egyptians, the Atlanteans, or space aliens. Geoffrey of Monmouth said it was Merlin who levitated it from Ireland, where it had been originally built by giants using magic stones from Africa (and so we come full circle).
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2013 at 19:00
Originally posted by Kevinmeath

Well the populations of Wales, Ireland and Western England seem rather pale for people out of Africa.

Of course they do - there is no sunshine!  LOL
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2013 at 10:55

Originally posted by Kevinmeath

Of course they do - there is no sunshine!  LOL

Is there such a thing as a "rain tan"? Big smile
Unknown.
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2013 at 14:43

Is there such a thing as a "rain tan"? Big smile

Yes, there is.  People who have such a tan look like pale prunes!  Big smile

I had one when I was stationed at Fort Lewis, Washington.  300 days of rain a year.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2013 at 17:50
This is why everyone who ever served there....prayed for the DivEx or unit training in Yakima. 
That and Pomona's bar.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2013 at 10:51
Our son has been assigned there since 06.  I don't know how he stands that climate.  Both he and his wife love it out there.
Once while we were visiting, the Sun came out.  No one knew what it was.  They held a Mass, public prayer meetings etc.  Thought they were being punished by the Gods or something.Big smile

Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2013 at 11:02
Even the Gods need General repetition.SmileNext year will be premiere!WinkIt was on CNN!
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2013 at 15:07

Our son has been assigned there since 06.  I don't know how he stands that climate.  Both he and his wife love it out there.
Once while we were visiting, the Sun came out.  No one knew what it was.  They held a Mass, public prayer meetings etc.  Thought they were being punished by the Gods or something.Big smile

They were...
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2013 at 15:18
I would on occassion sit near the top of Squaw Tit (now not politically correct to refer too in those terms; but check quick and see if I care) at Yakima Firing Center now Yakima Training Center.....and by looking west could see the thunderheads rolling over the Cascades from W. to E.

They were getting shit on... on the west slope. But by the time the clouds climbed high enough to cross; the orographic lift effect had struck...which is why Yakima is a combo of high mountain plateau and desert.

Amen.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2014 at 23:47
I agree with medenaywe! Humans built it!

ron
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>