Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Knight vs Dinosaur

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Knight vs Dinosaur
    Posted: 30-Jan-2014 at 00:08
Still no response from you?

TADR, where are you?

Ron
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2014 at 18:16
TADR! It seems you took offense to my post above! But it was not one!

I just longed to get the photograph listed in a site more suited to its usage!

I have always considered that these great charges of horses, really exposed their greatest weaknesses, which are, of course, their really weak legs! Just let a horse with a seated and armored knight aboard, and let it pass, and strike its legs! I.e., an armored knight in a pile! Regarde' vous!

Sorry if I upset you!

Ron

Edited by opuslola - 27-Jan-2014 at 18:31
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2014 at 23:34
Originally posted by opuslola

TDAR, I was merely trying to get this knight and his steed into the correct century rather than continuing this childish "what if?"

What if you could contain me by your superior mental power?
What if?

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGG!

Then may I suggest you finding yourself on the alternative history section of the forum with its inherent what if...oh I'm sure you can work out the rest for yourself.   

Btw, opuslola, the armour belonged to King Sigismund Augustus of Poland in the 1550s.

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 26-Jan-2014 at 23:39
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2014 at 23:18
TDAR, I was merely trying to get this knight and his steed into the correct century rather than continuing this childish "what if?"

What if you could contain me by your superior mental power?
What if?

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGG!
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2014 at 23:00
The Alani/Sarmatians had protection for horses. However the Tyrannosaur thrashes its head about might just leave what is contained within the armour in many badly damaged pieces.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2014 at 22:48
And, as regards the representation, one can easily see that the lower legs of this steed were probably also armoured? Do you see the small holes that seem to surround the flange on the lower portions of the metal armor?

I would suggest that some form of cloth or mail also covered the legs of the steed!

What is your idea?

Ron
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2014 at 22:37
Mounted knights and horse in full armor!

A sight rarely seen! Can anyone transfer this rendition to the site concerning knights and armour?

This is a real "GEM!" IMHO!

Ron

Edited by opuslola - 26-Jan-2014 at 22:39
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2012 at 09:26

The knight's armor keeps out the Tyrannosaur's teeth, but the Rex's thick hide provides equally good protection from swords and lances
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Azita View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Quote Azita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Dec-2012 at 05:20
send for that Roman solider St George, if he can kill a dragon, a T rex should be easy.
But i think he was  before Medieval times, so he might be a bit too old.

Would make a good film plot, Jurassic park 5 perhaps?
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2012 at 19:13

Experiments with the Large Hadron Collider had unexpected consequences, causing rifts in time. A Jurassic-era Tyrannosaur is sucked into one of these portals and ends up in Medieval England.

The hungry beast devours many cattle and men, but survivors send a message (and one of the Rex's teeth) to the king. An elite team of warriors is sent to fight this dragon.
Who wins?
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
 Post Reply Post Reply