Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat is this?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rocky View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is this?
    Posted: 15-Dec-2012 at 14:06
Someone I don't really know, Sylla1, was just permanently banned from historum, after 3 years. He visited the same site for 3 years, and now that he is banned he does not matter. I do not object to his ban, I honesty do not know about that. 
Azita View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2012 at 14:55
The Moderation on Historium, is very poor.
I remember Sylla, she was rather an assertive personality and was probably better educated than the Moderators.
Her posts were highly enjoyable, even when i disagreed with her points.
For me, forums should be less posting dry facts and more in depth discussion about events.

Frankly i don't think the Mods on Historium can keep up with that.

Azita
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2012 at 15:22
It's all the fault of the two previous admins for betraying the old ideals, abusing their powers to ban people they disliked, and corrupting the moderating team. Here's hoping Sylla and all the other unjustly banned members join us here
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2012 at 17:50
How and why does this relate to this forum?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2012 at 17:58
Mountainman, i was one of the founding members of the other forum, invited to join and made member of the month by the first admin (Commander) and appointed moderator by his successor (Pericles). Sylla, Centrix, Red and Toltec were all members there, but two bad admins (Doc and Mcfly) took it over, expelled me for criticising their abuse of power, and ruined a once-great forum
okamido View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended, tit for tat

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2012 at 09:24
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2012 at 10:17
Originally posted by Nick1986

Mountainman, i was one of the founding members of the other forum, invited to join and made member of the month by the first admin (Commander) and appointed moderator by his successor (Pericles). Sylla, Centrix, Red and Toltec were all members there, but two bad admins (Doc and Mcfly) took it over, expelled me for criticising their abuse of power, and ruined a once-great forum

And those personal disputes are fodder for discussion on this forum?

I've been a member of dysfnctional forums before as well, but it hardly seems like something for public discussion.

It's a little hard to follow what the "rules" are supposed to be on this forum.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2012 at 10:36
Basic rule for me:If participants do not mix their vanity with topic title,i am ready to talk about it.Regards MM!SmileTopic has to be inside my interests area also.In Latin:Modestus orderly, within bounds, moderate, restrained.Moderator is some kind of coach on playground.Tell me advise for "both foots left",players!Cry
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2012 at 10:42
No disrespect to Okamido and Diddyriddick as they didn't become moderators until after the bad admins took over. I still have faith in the new admin Peter, but there are members of the moderating team over there who oppose reinstating me because they know i'm right

Edited by Nick1986 - 16-Dec-2012 at 10:43
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2012 at 10:45
Originally posted by Rocky

Someone I don't really know, Sylla1, was just permanently banned from historum, after 3 years. He visited the same site for 3 years, and now that he is banned he does not matter. I do not object to his ban, I honesty do not know about that. 

MM, Nick's reply was based on this.  Nick's former association with Historum is well known.  As long as the discussion remains civil and there is no Historum "bashing", I don't see a problem.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2012 at 10:46
Originally posted by Mountain Man

And those personal disputes are fodder for discussion on this forum?

I've been a member of dysfnctional forums before as well, but it hardly seems like something for public discussion.

It's a little hard to follow what the "rules" are supposed to be on this forum.

Mountainman, there's only one rule that matters here: you're free to say whatever you want as long as it doesn't cause offence to others or undermine the admin's authority
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2012 at 10:47

No disrespect to Okamido and Diddyriddick as they didn't become moderators until after the bad admins took over. I still have faith in the new admin Peter, but there are members of the moderating team over there who oppose reinstating me because they know i'm right

The Admins here would oppose reinstating you over there.Big smile
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2012 at 10:49
Originally posted by red clay

The Admins here would oppose reinstating you over there.Big smile

Thanks Red.Smile It's their loss for choosing mediocrity over good, longstanding members. I have no grudge against Historum or its current admin as it's his predecessors who are to blame for the mess my old forum is currently in

Edited by Nick1986 - 16-Dec-2012 at 10:51
Azita View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2012 at 11:12
I would think that Okamido`s last post would tell anyone what they need to know about the attitude of those that moderate historium.

Still after all it is just another web page where anonymous people broadcast  their opinions, perhaps we all take it a bit too seriously.

Rocky View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2012 at 11:26
Honestly I started this thread from a philosophical point of view, I wanted to think about what it is like to be banned from a site after 3 years. You guys have taken it to such an extreme over the Historum issue.
okamido View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended, tit for tat

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2012 at 11:30
Originally posted by Azita

I would think that Okamido`s last post would tell anyone what they need to know about the attitude of those that moderate historium.

Still after all it is just another web page where anonymous people broadcast  their opinions, perhaps we all take it a bit too seriously.

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2012 at 11:32
Historum?Human communications are discussed here.Before we make Alien contact we have to learn communicating among us!Take the wires off people.Big smile
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2012 at 00:47

I still have faith in the new admin Peter,

Has the forum been bought and sold again? I haven't visited there for such a long time I've no idea what's been going on lately.

Toltec [Historum member in good standing]
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2012 at 07:45
Originally posted by Toltec

I still have faith in the new admin Peter,

Has the forum been bought and sold again? I haven't visited there for such a long time I've no idea what's been going on lately.

Toltec [Historum member in good standing]

That's right. Pete seems like a decent admin (partly because i know him on another forum, but mostly because he's not Doc), but the friendly atmosphere is no longer there. However, i believe my sacrifice was worth it: the other members saw the bad admins as the liars they were and stood up to their abuse of power
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2012 at 12:01
I have belonged to Historum for some time now, and have not had a problem, other than the lack of any really stimulating arguments, and the arrogance of certain members.  I rarely go these days because I see little of interest to me, but I have never been banned or threatened with such action.

Now answer this question:  How many of you who replied to my first question about whis was beng discussed are either admins or mods on this same forum?

As near as I can tell, most of you.  So where are the actual members?  The galley slaves like me, rowing the boat?  Ermm

Edited by Mountain Man - 18-Dec-2012 at 12:03
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>