Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

God vs psychiatrists

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: God vs psychiatrists
    Posted: 23-Oct-2012 at 07:45
On Jesus' advice, the Christian God agrees to sit in the psychiatrists' chair to diagnose his personality disorder. On some days he is benevolent and helps his creations, but when enraged he undergoes a transformation and kills millions. If God is the "supreme psychopath" what type of psychosis does he suffer from?
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2012 at 08:00
Secondary delusions? It certainly is an intriguing question, and one worth thinking over. I wonder if being in a god position if you might become very paranoid? Mmmm, I could see if you're human that you might become very paranoid, but as a god might you become very paranoid too?

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 23-Oct-2012 at 08:46
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2012 at 11:42
God definitely suffers from some form of paranoia. He's very jealous and gets angry when his followers worship other gods
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2012 at 13:09
What always puzzled me is this, if someone talks to "God", he's considered a very religious person.  If "God" talks back, he's "Schizophrenic".
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2012 at 13:29
Originally posted by red clay

What always puzzled me is this, if someone talks to "God", he's considered a very religious person.  If "God" talks back, he's "Schizophrenic".

Or a prophet
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2012 at 13:31
Or a Psychic!LOL
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2012 at 13:47
Considering that God is nothing else but the projection of human psyche, he would suffer from what people tend to suffer; but being the ultimate father figure is a very heavy load, and a culturally colored one, hence this projection would carry all the ghosts of the collective memory of a certain culture. All is very relevant, because god is nothing more than a projection, with no substance to it, /or a function/,relevant to the particular culture that producied that particular image.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2012 at 14:44
"'I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me."
Isaiah 44:6

He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.

John 1:23

Psycho babblers...... repent.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2012 at 16:32
God is the supreme judge of all creation. If you do good you are rewarded and if you do bad you are punished. God created all mankind, a psycho killing people does not create life but only destroys. The same way that a gardner plants trees and bushes but has to snip off some braches once in a while. He doesn't go to someone else's garden and set it on fire.
Timidi mater non flet
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2012 at 16:37
Which is why the psycho-babblers aint got a chance.

Amen.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2012 at 18:35

We say that God is rich and has no need of people. It is people that need God yet most of them don't realise it. If God were to destroy us all, we wouldn't be able to complain since he is the judge and no one judges the judge.

This whole argument of God kills doesn't fit because we don't make the laws to begin, our laws apply to us and are relative (man-made).

Timidi mater non flet
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2012 at 18:59
Originally posted by Baal Melqart

We say that God is rich and has no need of people. It is people that need God yet most of them don't realise it. If God were to destroy us all, we wouldn't be able to complain since he is the judge and no one judges the judge.

This whole argument of God kills doesn't fit because we don't make the laws to begin, our laws apply to us and are relative (man-made).

The scenario in this little exercise is that we presume there's a deity that is know as God, and that deity has agreed to the process. From that point God is being judged as a human being would be, as the psychiatrist in human behaviour.

I'm intested, Baal Melqart, as to your definition of rich when describing this deity known as God, what do you mean by it?

If people forget about God, so to them God doesn't exist, what is God then?

You say that no one judges the judge, but clearly we already do.

The term to kill doesn't rely on a law to define it.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2012 at 19:00
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

Which is why the psycho-babblers aint got a chance.

Amen.
In what way, CV?
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2012 at 19:04

God is the supreme judge of all creation. If you do good you are rewarded and if you do bad you are punished. God created all mankind, a psycho killing people does not create life but only destroys. The same way that a gardner plants trees and bushes but has to snip off some braches once in a while. He doesn't go to someone else's garden and set it on fire.

Potentially a woman can be a psycho who kills people, and can create life and ave a baby, so a creator could potentially create life and then become psycho and kill huge numbers of people with a flood meant to have been created by them. 
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2012 at 19:27
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

The scenario in this little exercise is that we presume there's a deity that is know as God, and that deity has agreed to the process. From that point God is being judged as a human being would be, as the psychiatrist in human behaviour.

I'm intested, Baal Melqart, as to your definition of rich when describing this deity known as God, what do you mean by it?

If people forget about God, so to them God doesn't exist, what is God then?

You say that no one judges the judge, but clearly we already do.

The term to kill doesn't rely on a law to define it.

By rich I mean something metaphorical as in he has no need of anything, nor is he in need of people's good deeds and worship.

If they choose to forget then that is their choice, God is and will always be whether people commemorate his existence or not.

Yes, you are currently sitting here 'judging' God but you have no actual authority to do so. God is the judge and his might is witness to it. If a killer kills a person then he is taken to a court and prosecuted, he may whine about the fact that he should be freed and not punished. He can complain about the court wanting to sanction him when he believes the court should give him a free pass no matter what he does. But that doesn't change the fact that the laws are there and the judge is ruling.

Timidi mater non flet
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2012 at 19:49

By rich I mean something metaphorical as in he has no need of anything, nor is he in need of people's good deeds and worship.

If they choose to forget then that is their choice, God is and will always be whether people commemorate his existence or not.

Yes, you are currently sitting here 'judging' God but you have no actual authority to do so. God is the judge and his might is witness to it. If a killer kills a person then he is taken to a court and prosecuted, he may whine about the fact that he should be freed and not punished. He can complain about the court wanting to sanction him when he believes the court should give him a free pass no matter what he does. But that doesn't change the fact that the laws are there and the judge is ruling.

And yet commandments seem to require those things "GOD" doesn't need. I wonder why ask then?

The thing about forgetting "God", and I say that presuming for the argument an existence, is what if the same has happened many times in the past. Could it be there's many other "Gods" who have been forgotten, and are no longer anything to man kind. Generally speaking the argument to do with creationists is that there had to be something to create it, even though it then becomes a catch 22 situation as then the creator would then have to had a creator too, and so on.

When it comes to judging, a person only needs the ability to, not the authority. Unfortunately ability can't proven one way or another, without a shadow of a doubt the existence of "God", though ironically, neither could "God" either. 
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2012 at 20:16
I think that probably for the sake of this thread, we're going to have to presume being judged is OK in this instance for "GOD". 
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2012 at 21:17
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

I think that probably for the sake of this thread, we're going to have to presume being judged is OK in this instance for "GOD". 

You have the right to, definitely.
Timidi mater non flet
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2012 at 04:26
God has no guilt yet instils guilt
He sent his own son to his death
He sees himself as perfect and omnipotent
He is entitled to punish as he wishes
http://www.lovefraud.com/blog/2010/07/08/is-god-a-sociopath/
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2012 at 06:28
Originally posted by Nick1986

God has no guilt yet instils guilt
He sent his own son to his death
He sees himself as perfect and omnipotent
He is entitled to punish as he wishes
http://www.lovefraud.com/blog/2010/07/08/is-god-a-sociopath/

Well don't agree on the ''sending his son to die'' part but the rest is true. The question is, why is that wrong from an atheistic point of view? Why reproach God for the attributes you just mentioned?
Timidi mater non flet
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>