Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Genghis Khan worse than Hitler

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Genghis Khan worse than Hitler
    Posted: 15-Nov-2013 at 23:52
BTW, Welcome to our community Undra.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2013 at 13:50
Genghis/Chinngis Khan was ruthless to his opponents that is true, but he lived in brutal times when brutality was the norm right across the known world. Whenever has enemies of nations ever been portrayed as being anything but of the worst sort. The truth is that his success at his endeavours magnified this image across vast areas. Another truth however is that he ran a democracy so democratic that most, if not all, nations democracies pale in comparison. Maybe what we should be asking is this, why is it, after all this time, that those who are being judged as of the very worst, had ideals we are still grasping to get hold of, and would see in our midsts people trying to take more and more away of. Hitler deconstructed democracy under his control, and created monsterous ideals in a world which had seemingly been moving away from such things, whereas Genghis/Chinngis Khan was a man of his time, battling against the odds, and creating a democracy which would be the envy of most nations, if blinkers were removed.   

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 16-Nov-2013 at 13:51
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Dazzarkel View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Dazzarkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2013 at 03:32
some actions may seem degenerative but later the history shows those actions were progressive,

some process might seem like chaos but later the history shows it was order of nature, so was for

nomads, their massacre of moslem civilization was an order of nature, as prophet (s.a.v) warned his

descendants to avoid any kinds of stagnations as extreme richness and luxury but khalifs and turks

immersed deeply into richness and failed to lead nations along the way of prophet (s.a.v), for

moslems Chenguizhan was bearer of chaos but actually he was saviour of moslems in the sense of

withdrawing them from absolute degradation, he didn't allow moslems and turks to fall to level of

what is nowdays europe to sink into hedonistic hell and demographic extinction. I think better to

undergo Chinguizhan's invasion rather than to degenerate like western world is degenerating,

better the war than slow death. The same is for Adolf Hitler he waged war against communists, i

like Hitler for that he was the first in the world who created conservation area for wolves, the

population of wolves disappeared in whole europe but Hitler tried to save them. I will always

keep the side of nature, even if there would be no Chenguizhan or Adolf Hitler, any other thing or

anyone else would have occupied their niches, Hitler  challenged Devil to fight as there always will

be someone who will protect the common sense and common sense erupted in form of second world war.

TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2013 at 10:43
Dazzarkel, I would have thought that the mindset of degeneration would easily fall upon those who might on one hand set about protecting a creature within their nation, when it had already been eradicated some thirty years before hand, but then set about to destroy a greater population who were sentient and living.  

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 18-Nov-2013 at 10:44
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2013 at 23:09
Europe - hedonistic hell and demographic extinction? Come on...is that why emigrant from all kinds of Arabic nations try in any possible way to get themselves there? This is beside the point of the OP however

I don't see any conqueror saving anyone from anything - people always fought over resources, not to save the other from some imaginary himself. Nature - maybe, since in nature life is based on death...however, people should have higher aspirations than just animalisticaly following nature.
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2014 at 19:00
Originally posted by Toltec

In my never ending campaign to besmirch the name of that angelic Mongol leader I just listened to this great podcast.
http://www.dancarlin.com/disp.php/hharchive
Dan Carling is my favourite historian, he makes it come alive with a passion and intesity devoid in other author, his account of the Eastern front in WWII is one the finest pieces of history produced in recent years. 
Here he turns his wrath of modern revisionist historians who paint Genghis Khan as anything other than the one dimensional butcher he was.

People and their actions should be viewed by the community/social/political norms of the time in which they lived. In the 13th Century warfare was a common means of expanding influence, gaining land and wealth. East Asian civilisations have a record of placing little value on human life. Putting the two together, and then considering how Genghis Khan conducted himself, we would find that he wasn't as bad as you make out. Now, consider those same factors in the mid 20th Century in Western Europe and Hitler is exposed as a maniacal megalomaniac. Even the Great Khan didn't exterminate millions of people because of their ethnicity.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12