Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Top 10 Armies In World History!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Delenda est Roma View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Delenda est Roma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top 10 Armies In World History!
    Posted: 16-Sep-2012 at 01:23
I give up you really do believe what you're saying which is sad. I can't unteach you ehats been knocked into tour head. Its really pitiful though that fanatics will go to such lengths. I'm sorry but it really is sad how badly you've been brainwashed.

Take a look here for an actual correct picture.
http://rbedrosian.com/Maps/ahgh3c.jpg
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote Delenda est Roma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2012 at 01:26
The fact is the Persians were a great empire with great armies. What you are doing is called hyperbole. They did not win the Greco Persian Wars evidence provided. They never invaded India. You provided that evidence. Cyrus himself was defeated by the Scythians. Please accept others views and not just your own. It really is sad if someone doesn't want to learn.
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2012 at 08:19

The problem is that you still don't know where ancient India, Ethiopia, Scythia, ... located, you have just read some very biased texts about the Greco-Persian wars and imagine that ancient Greeks were some superhuman entities who were never defeated in any battle, and if they lost a battle, it would be certainly one against thousands! I have suggested several times in this thread that you read the ancient Persian inscriptions, but it is clear you will never do it and just repeat your own words, so ignore it and just enjoy your fabulous imaginations!

You can read about the Achaemenid empire and look at the real map here: http://www.ancient.eu.com/Achaemenid_Empire/
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote Delenda est Roma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2012 at 11:43
The ancient Persian inscriptions can scarcely be held without bias as try were written on the kings orders! The Persians did not conquer India or Ethiopia.
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote Delenda est Roma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2012 at 11:45
Heres a review on your article

There are negative comments from peer reviewers.

Antoine Simonin wrote on 2012-01-10 17:54:22:

Achaemenids never controlled the Northern Black Sea area; the Anatolian Pontos region and Armenia were vassals, so maybe was Arabian Maka. And in the East, Sogdiana was the north-easternmost point they controlled, as was Gandhara in the East.
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2012 at 15:57
These negative views can be found everywhere, the fact is that some people know and some other people don't know and just want to deny, for example they don't know an inscription of Darius the Great has been discovered in modern Romania, of course according to some biased Greek sources, Persians never controlled any part of Europe but there are some people who research, they read ancient Persian inscriptions, for example they already know that the Persian satrapy of Skudra was located in Europe.
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote Delenda est Roma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2012 at 16:08
I rest my case you are a fantaic eho refuses to provide evidence goodbye.
Cheops View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Cheops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2012 at 03:58
I personally see no reason to have the Russian army on the list. Instead I should choose for the Persian army.
In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons. -Herodotus
akbar View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote akbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2012 at 08:32
why "THE MAQPOON ARMY" not included in this list............ the great emperor of tibet "THE ALI SHER KHAN ANCHAN"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2013 at 14:18
if britain had one of the largest empires in the world if not the largest empire, it's because they had an excellent army, so it should definitely be thereSmile
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2013 at 10:46
Originally posted by Anon43218765

if britain had one of the largest empires in the world if not the largest empire, it's because they had an excellent army, so it should definitely be thereSmile

No, we were the best because we had an excellent navy. Our warships had the most powerful guns, and our marines could storm any port and use it to land supplies
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2013 at 02:22
3 kingdoms Tongue
Steelcut View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Steelcut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2013 at 00:15
The modern US army is the most powerful Army ever to walk the face of the earth.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2013 at 20:26
Originally posted by Steelcut

The modern US army is the most powerful Army ever to walk the face of the earth.

For the moment. However, I understand the Chinese are more numerous and, technologically, are catching up with the Americans
Steelcut View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Steelcut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2013 at 16:28
Perhaps

But as of right now, The Modern US Army is the most powerful Army to walk the face of the earth. They don't even have any close competition in terms of conventional warfare.
viperzz33 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote viperzz33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2013 at 22:52
There have been a lot of armies i history, and what makes them great i guess is what it can do and what it did. In my opinion, this is my top 10

1.Roman Army: Very flexible and organized army, its their flexibility that made them successful and they had great generals like Caesar. This army is good at building fortifications and they lasted for hundreds of years. A good example is Aleisa, great battle. The Roman Army was the best at their time, and conquered most of Europe.

2.The Grand Army: Very well disciplined and drilled troops, best of their time. They are very loyal and had very high morale. They also had one of the greatest generals ever, Napoleon Bonaparte' who actually made the army. A good example is the battle of Austerlitz, total perfection. And their best infantry, the Old Guard, they were the elite of the elite, they were defeated only once at Waterloo. This could conquered the whole Europe if it wasn't for a few countries around it.

3.Englands Army from 1066 to 1900s: This Nation is among the greatest that ever existed, from the battle of Hastings to world war 2 this Nations army has stayed strong. They also had the best navy ever. They are very well drilled and disciplined which are one of the key ingredients of making a good army. With this they controlled over 1/5 of the worlds population at their greatest. They had a lot of colonies all around the world and has had a lot of victories.

4.Mongol Army of the the Mongol Empire: With this Army, Genghis Khan conquered the largest Empire ever, it stretch from Korea to Eastern Europe. They won hundreds of battles. They may be badly armored but its their maneuverability and speed that's their strength. If Genghis Khan lived a little longer they could have conquered more.

5. America's Army now: "But as of right now, The Modern US Army is the most powerful Army to walk the face of the earth. They don't even have any close competition in terms of conventional warfare."
 posted by Steelcut

6. Alexander's Army: great army i wish i can command it, it's so cool.
7. Nazi Germany's army
8.Greek army specially the Spartans
9.I'm not exactly sure but it could be the Samurai, very tough and loyal men
10. talgana shihvato's army awsome they killed 20,000 men with only 1298 of thiers

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2013 at 21:24
Its hard to say.  Some armies such as alexanders might not have done so good under a different general.  Its hard to say wether in was the army or the commander or both who made it so powerful.  Considering all time periods and armies I'd have to say in no order:

U.S. army - Definately the most powerful armed force in all of history.  Given the advanced technology of the modern age of course.  No other country in history has had the power to land an army anywhere in the world in such a short time period.  Add in nuclear capabilities and the ability to push a button and decimate a country anywhere on earth and you have a powerful force.

Mongol army under Ghengis khan - Not only was he the best general in history (according to a thousand page debate/vote on another history forum) but his armies conquered 1/4 of the earths surface a feat only exceded by the British empire.  And he did it on horseback with bows and arrows wtih 150,000 men conquering advanced nations like china and khwarazam who had armies in the millions.

Roman army - Was an unstoppable force that ruled the mediterranian world for for 800 years.  Only their corruption and infighting led to their downfall.

Arab army - Came out of arabia as wondering nomads and conquered a vast portion of the middle east and africa, even taking some of spain.

British army - Conquered more territory than any nation in history over 1/4 of the earth.

German army WW2 - Had the most advanced weaponry of the time including the first jets and had one of the most disciplined armies.  Fought 3 countries at once and only lost because of a 2 front war and outproduced by the americans.

Chinese army 800 - 1100 - Hard to gage since they really only fought among themselves but given their size and man power and the art of war and gunpowder (they had rockets by the 11 century) they probably could have taken on any other country of the time period

Macedonian army - Alexanders army conquered the persian empire and much of the world. 

Spartan army -  Powerful army that was unstoppable for a while.

Japanese army ww2 - Fiercly fanatical they conquered much of asia.

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2013 at 19:07

Red Army of WWII: Singlehandedly broke the back of the Nazi war machine. Equipped with advanced, yet simple to produce, weapons, including the PPSH sub-machine gun, T-34 tank, Yak-9 fighter, and Sturmovik bomber
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2013 at 21:16
I agree twas a fine force 'after 42'. Prior to that it was an infantry army with with post WW1 doctrinal innovations coming on.

After 42; it become a 'combined arms force (still infantry heavy)' with simplistic yet durable and highly efficient sources of equipment (to include lend lease)...and a significant manpower reserve pool even after their earlier catastrophic losses.

Equally important, it had the moral high ground in retaliation for the invasion by the Nazi's, and it's tactical and strategic leaders in uniform, having not been purged, were doing the job.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

viperzz33 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote viperzz33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2013 at 15:44
oh well we all have our opinions still like the roman army better though
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>