Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turkmenistan girl told me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
heyamigos View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote heyamigos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turkmenistan girl told me
    Posted: 31-Aug-2012 at 20:23
I met a girl at this mall who I thought was either Latina (Mexican) or mixed race (Asian/White).  I asked her (in Spanish) if she was Mexican?  She didn't know what I was saying.  She later said she speaks Russian but she is not Russian.  I knew she was not Slavic either from her looks, so i said: "Teshe Kredelim" (thank you in Turkish).  She immediately recognized that word.  She said she was from Turkmenistan and studying here in the USA.  I told her I had a cousin who was half-Chinese and half-white who resembled her.

She told me that among Turkmens, the people with Oriental features used to be held in high regard prior to Russian conquests (because they tend to be from the higher position clans/tribe).  After the Russians conquered them and the popularity of Anatolian Turkish among other Turkic people, that they later tended to favor those with more Mediterranean/Iranic features.

I am thinking this might be an underlying reason why the Central Asian Turkics as they migrated west made a very subconscious decision to lose their original color and "Caucasoidized" themselves so as to lose the original Mongoloid features?
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2012 at 03:50
I don't think interracial marriages can be any conscious decision, it just the amount of people on the move to another place is always less that the amount of the locals already there, so they have no choice but to intermarry in order to keep their population growing, it just comes natural. Women die in childbirth /up to 1/3 to 1/2 in ancient times/, men die in battles, so marital exchanges between the ethnic groups are neseccary.
heyamigos View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote heyamigos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2012 at 17:34
Or the Turkic tribes, newly converted to Islam, saw the people whom they were trying to emulate (Persians and Arabs), they made a subconscious effort to try and look like them too?

I see this inferiority complex amongst Muslim people today too.  Muslims from India, Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia think the ideal is to be "Middle Eastern" (ie Arabs, Persians, Turks)
tomb_seeker View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote tomb_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2014 at 09:04
turkmanare close to persia, so it could be a mix with them
Snafu View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Snafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2015 at 11:16
Its just a matter of numbers. When a group is in the minority in an area its very hard for them not to be absorbed by the majority. The places these Mongoloid people came from--Mongolia and Siberia--didnt have huge populations to begin with. 
MrButlerKing View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Banned

Quote MrButlerKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2015 at 09:03

I'm actually more surprised by the Turkmen Afghan refugees looking like they out from Korea. While the one in Turkmenistan have a mexican looking face.  But even the average Mexican Mongoloid look very different from the Asian Mongoloid at all but they produce similar looks when mixed

I honestly wouldn't being able to the tell difference between the Turkmen and Hazara who both live in Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan.

Turkmen in Afghan, Iran, Pakistan  have 42-54% Mongoloid paternal DNA of Q with Mongoloid mtDNA being only 11-19%

Hazara in Middle east have 40-48% Mongoloid paternal C3, O3, Q  with Mongoloid mtDNA being 35-37%

There are also many very Mongoloid Turkmen especially in Afghanistan and Pakistan

Now compare them with Hazara

Aeoli View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Aeoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2015 at 14:51

The shows the idea which I defended many times
Aeoli View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Aeoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2015 at 14:52
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2015 at 18:21
It don't matter what they 'look like'... other than to a bigot or an ultra nationalist.... attempting to reject or deny the results of ethnic migration and hence assimilation.

The importance of honoring ones ethnic heritage is not based on looks.

Period.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 20-Sep-2015 at 18:23
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

J.A.W. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote J.A.W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2015 at 17:13
Yeah C.V, I think you are providing the viewpoint of the current 'melting pot' culturally assimilationist
North American/Western worldview.

I come from a mixed 'racial' heritage background, although I inherited my father's blue eyes & fair hair,
my ( full)  brother is dark haired, brown eyed & olive skinned in superficial appearance, although we 
share certain characteristic features looks-wise.

When the extended family get together, there is also a closer resemblance between some cousins, than 
siblings - in certain aspects of these pigmentational things.

The cultural ( learned social) overlay is something else again.

Many cultures across the world - do still place emphasis on such perceptions of looks such as skin tone, fineness of features & 'roundness' of eyes, whether openly acknowledged - or not.
Be Modest In Thyself..
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2015 at 17:29
Granted your above... but my outlook is not current.. but more theological based from personal experience and development. I'm the bluest eye, part Mestizo, you might meet. But that is irrelevant to me.

Mine is from a personal appreciation of the NT which started a long long time ago.

Acts 10:28

"And he said to them, "You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a man who is a Jew to associate with a foreigner or to visit him; and yet God has shown me that I should not call any man unholy or unclean."

Acts 10:34-35

"Opening his mouth, Peter said: "I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality, but in every nation the man who fears Him and does what is right is welcome to Him."

Others will differ...in point of fact must differ....this I expect and respect.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Post Reply Post Reply