Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

10 Strongest Nations!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10 Strongest Nations!
    Posted: 04-May-2005 at 12:00
Hmm Russia is missing again, its in the top 5 for sure.
Could it be that the site simply doesn't have information from certain countries?
Arrrgh!!"
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 12:47

Hmm, I think this stems from a news magazine. American, I think. Newsweek, probably. I saw this map before on a magazine handout on a friends' wall. Not recent. Few years back.

The magazine rated the countries according to a number of factors including economy (I think they looked to per capita income in dollars!) and international prestige (so the map explained). Because of that Norway and Sweden rate high and Russia isn't there.

In reality, even though they are the most developed country on the planet according to the UN human development index, I don't think anyone takes Norway seriously. Bad list.

tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 14:05

Without Bulgaria at any of the maps!

We will crush you, tread you, squeeze you and ask for more!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously for me the countries are: USA, EU, Russia, China in this order! USA, Russia and China don't need explanation. As for EU I don't think that any of the members of the union if eventually be threaten by other outside object, wouldn't recieve help of other members. Now when European constitution soon will be fact I think that you must look at EU as new country! Maybe EU is even before USA

Everybody listen only this which understands.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 06:52
ow when European constitution soon will be fact

Which won't happen.
In France and the Netherlands (and I think also in the UK and Sweden) the majority opposes the European constitution. All EU countries have to agree in order to get it in effect.
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 08:54

The name of the game in the EU is compromize and patience.

In this case it means that the constitution will happen, just if some countries reject it, it will have to be redrawn for ammendments and postponed.

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 08:58
I am optimist. If not after one mounth then after one year!
Everybody listen only this which understands.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 19:40

Japan They dont really have a military

Canada they buy 50 year old decommissioned subs from other countries.. Jesus f**k..

Sweden, Norway, Netherlands OMFG where you getting this

This list is pathetic and totally moronic, and the spending amount is off, US is first and Russia is second and then comes China in the top 10 along with India.

http://www.cdi.org/issues/wme/spendersfy04.html this one has the most accurate amount I can find and this one http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/spending.htm

I am gona go nuts

Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 20:58
Both of those sites seem to be accurate, Jina, but I must say that I don't think Russia is as strong as people seem to believe.  Yeah they may have the history of being powerful but look at the country in general; they live in poverty, their govenment is corrupt, and everything about Putin and the main chunk of the Russian governement is very shady.  If they were any huge wars it would bring about the end to them.  And it will be even worse if Putin continues the path he is on.
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 23:52
Originally posted by Vamun Tianshu

India is actually a relatively poor country with so many people,its hard to support them all with that little land,roughly 1/3 the size of the US.Besides,Hindu is 80% of India's religion,meaning that religion is more strongly intervened in people's lives than India's government,at least what sources say,I guess we need a real Indian to tell us that.

China should be second,its military is becoming vast and strong,and economically,its getting stronger despite communism,but the Soviet Union was communist and still it became a world power.The UK,I think is more stronger than Germany,but equal to France.Japan,though not militarilly strong,is economically strong.

This post isn't even worth replying *stops typing*
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 00:04
t="on">lace wt="on">Japanlace> They dont really have a military

They do, its just not called a 'military' but a 'defence force'. They navy is relativly large, and they are not a military weak nation, renember, their constutition traditionaly limits them to 1% of GDP on military spending, but that is 1% of the world's second biigest economy.
Japan IS pretty tough on the military front, its just not an offensive military.

This post isn't even worth replying *stops typing*

Agreed, but hey, it does wonders for one's post count
Arrrgh!!"
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 04:04
Originally posted by Jina

<P =MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urnchemas-microsoft-comfficemarttags" /st1:country-region wt="on"st1lace wt="on">Japan</st1lace/st1:country-region> They dont really have a military

<P =MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urnchemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /oFONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=2></o>

<P =MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><st1:country-region wt="on"st1lace wt="on">Canada</st1lace/st1:country-region> they buy 50 year old decommissioned subs from other countries.. Jesus f**k..

<P =MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"oFONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=2></o>

<P =MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><st1:country-region wt="on">Sweden</st1:country-region>, <st1:country-region wt="on">Norway</st1:country-region>, <st1:country-region wt="on"st1lace wt="on">Netherlands</st1lace/st1:country-region> OMFG where you getting this

<P =MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"oFONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=2></o>

<P =MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=2>This list is pathetic and totally moronic, and the spending amount is off, US is first and Russia is second and then comes China in the top 10 along with India.

<P =MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=#800080 size=2>http://www.cdi.org/issues/wme/spendersfy04.html<FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=2> this one has the most accurate amount I can find and this one <FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=#800080 size=2>http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/spend ing.htm<FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=2>

<P =MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=2>

<P =MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=2>I am gona go nuts

One would think it would be quite apparently by now that the map is not about MILITARY power...
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 04:45
  1. the russian
  2. the german
  3. the english
  4. the persian
  5. the arab
  6. the chineese
  7. the japaneese
  8. the mongol
  9. the indian
  10. the turks

this nations is the most powerfull nations in all history offcourse ther are another nations that had power

not:the americans are not a nation they people from outside america from europe&africa masscared the american native and dominain the land they are not anation they groups of murders and gangs migrated from outside

"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 15:09

Originally posted by Styrbiorn

One would think it would be quite apparently by now that the map is not about MILITARY power...
Care to explain what you mean then? 

Power normally equates to military strength... so you might want to change the threads title or something and explain what exactly you are talking about.

Ohh with Japan, they maybe have a powerful defensive capabilities but not offensive and they really can't initiate any offensive operations without going against their constitution and they even had a constitutional amendment when they sent their troops to Iraq for civil purposes.

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 15:32

Care to explain what you mean then?

Just that it's been posted a few times the map is not about military power. Some other things must've been considered.

Edited by Styrbiorn
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 04:31
I think those maps are based on the information from the factbook of the CIA, in which they don't provide any thing about the military expense of Russia, that's why we don't have Russia on the list.

Edited by nike
RED GUARD View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote RED GUARD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2005 at 18:31

t="on">lace wt="on">Japanlace> They dont really have a military

> >

t="on">lace wt="on">Canadalace> they buy 50 year old decommissioned subs from other countries.. Jesus f**k..

> >

t="on">Sweden, t="on">Norway, t="on">lace wt="on">Netherlandslace> OMFG where you getting this

> >

This list is pathetic and totally moronic, and the spending amount is off, US is first and Russia is second and then comes China in the top 10 along with India.

> >

http://www.cdi.org/issues/wme/spendersfy04.html this one has the most accurate amount I can find and this one http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/spending.htm

I am gona go nuts

Now that's better!
Quotes by your's turly:

"I came, I saw, and I conquered... but only for the weekend"

"This is my tank, this is my weapon, and this is my pride."

"Power comes from a barrel of a gun."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12