Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

10 Strongest Nations!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
TheodoreFelix View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10 Strongest Nations!
    Posted: 03-May-2005 at 20:54

What do you think?

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/world-top-ten-power ful-countries-map.html

Hard to believe United Kingdoms is that low. I thought they were like the second strongest. What about Russia? If this is correct I am amazed at Germany. They really cameback... I also question Sweden's place. Im wandering just what this judges. Because it seems off that Japan would be considered in a military list.

Edited by Iskender Bey ALBO
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 20:55
Where's Russia?
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 20:58
how the hell didn't they include Russia and other nations like India that have nuclear boms???
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
Vamun Tianshu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 21:07

India is actually a relatively poor country with so many people,its hard to support them all with that little land,roughly 1/3 the size of the US.Besides,Hindu is 80% of India's religion,meaning that religion is more strongly intervened in people's lives than India's government,at least what sources say,I guess we need a real Indian to tell us that.

China should be second,its military is becoming vast and strong,and economically,its getting stronger despite communism,but the Soviet Union was communist and still it became a world power.The UK,I think is more stronger than Germany,but equal to France.Japan,though not militarilly strong,is economically strong.

In Honor
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 21:50
Powerful countries in what? military or economics are political influence? Or all three? How are Sweden and Norway on this? Russia surley more than Sweden/Norway.
http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Elanjie View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Elanjie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 22:10

no Russia, no India, no Arabic

netherland, sweden, norway, canada, real uncomfortable.

TheodoreFelix View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 22:57
exactly its not specific at all....    

Edited by Iskender Bey ALBO
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 23:05
I understand no Indian and no arabic(thats a given), i bet even Israel is "stronger" than Norway or Sweden.
http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 01:05
i think what they meant was either measured n economic growth (which china should be first or at least second) or by technological advancement which is related to the first
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 02:13
Canada? if it's about Bacon and Beer, then maybe 

Even Palestine is stronger than Sweden/Norway military wise!
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 02:32
Sweden? Are you joking? And Norway

edit: I think I get it, I believe they've combined the other "top ten-" maps into that, making some sort of overall ranking.

Originally posted by ramin

This is nonsense though, even if the government is reducing the military at an alarming rate.

Edited by Styrbiorn
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 03:58
That pic desperatly needs an explanation test, as it isn't entirely clear what exactly its ranking. 'Power' can be just about anything.

IIRC, Sweden has just shy of 300 MBTs (one of the best varients of the Leopard II, no less), 800+ infantry figting vehicles, 1300 APCs, a small profesional army in peace time with a conscript army that can be mobilised when the need arises. An airforce composed of what will eventualy number 180 JAS Gripens (not including another 2 dozen or so trainers), and they still have 200 or so of the older Viggens, plus everything else. Oh, and one of the most advanced conventional navies in the world, including the new stealth corvettes. Indeed, for a country of its size (populationwise), Sweden can pack quite a punch, though apparently not big enough a punch for the likes of Styrbiorn.

What does Palestine have again? A police force and some comparitivly poorly equipt militants?
Arrrgh!!"
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 05:33

BOTSWANA RULEZ!!!!tHEY WILLL CONQUER THE WORLD N 2007

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 08:07
Originally posted by Cywr

though apparently not big enough a punch for the likes of Styrbiorn.

That's because the numbers you posted will be halved or more in five years if the government gets what it want. But I guess it's for the better, the Russians aren't exactly threatening nowadays.

Edited by Styrbiorn
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 08:39
We're 10th, cool.
If I'd only knew in what...
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 08:43

That's because the numbers you posted will be halved or more in five years if the government gets what it want.

What exactly will they be cutting in half? I think if anything, they'll just let the old stuff go and keep a more stream lined new force, so the 200 old viggens go with the 180 Grippens to replace them, and so on.
Arrrgh!!"
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 08:50
Originally posted by Cywr

What exactly will they be cutting in half? I think if anything, they'll
just let the old stuff go and keep a more stream lined new force, so
the 200 old viggens go with the 180 Grippens to replace them, and so on.

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3155&PN= 1
Basicly everything, the Gripen force will be reduced to 80 (probably by selling the rest to other countries), etc. Most of the cutting will be to the conscription (anti-Russian invasion-)army though, and is supposed to be replaced with a smaller high-tech army to be used internationally. I'm not sure the government knowns what it wants either. Somewhere in the mess that is my apartment I have a copy of the military magazine all ex-soldiers get with some article covering it, but frankly, I have no idea where to start looking for it.

BTW, the only proffessional units now are those of the special forces.

Edited by Styrbiorn
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 09:21
Oh, that bad.
Arrrgh!!"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 11:07

I think this map isnt very clear or doesnt show the truth. I dont think Canada, Sweden nor Norway would be included in such a list based on military power ranks. So as Great Britain.

And where is Russia, where is Israel (to mje, the most powerful one), where is Iran and where is Turkey if this is based on militarical power? Also India is too powerful and developing too fast.

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 11:10
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

I think this map isnt very clear or doesnt show the truth. I dont think Canada, Sweden nor Norway would be included in such a listbased onmilitary power ranks. So as Great Britain.

And where is Russia, where is Israel (to mje, the most powerful one), where is Iran and where is Turkey if this is based on militarical power? Also India is too powerful and developing too fast.

That map is definitely not about military power. If you follow the link there's another map covering that.

here, from the same site:

Edited by Styrbiorn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>