Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What Newspapers do you read?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Newspapers do you read?
    Posted: 17-Aug-2012 at 14:29
Two part question.

1. Are they mostly on line or hard copy.

2. Do you read them for world news, science, politics, sports, fashion, op-Ed's?

...In  my case all of the above. And they are too numerous to mention but a couple of favorites include the papers from Chicago, Seattle, NY less the Times and DC. I peruse my locals... Roswell and Artesia and the Albuquerque rags as well.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 17-Aug-2012 at 14:30
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2012 at 15:08
I do some of each and I guess my answer is also all of the above.  I usually buy the Sun.Ed. of the Philadelphia Inquire at the local store.  The local times isn't worth a bucket of warm spit, so I get the daily ed. of the Camden Courier Post.  Online I do the Tallahassee Democrat and the Soppchoppy Gazette.Wink [Got to keep up on the latest about important events such as the Worm Grunting Fest.]

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2012 at 01:56
Red, ole pard the Philly In. was once a great paper......one of my old Army buddy's, now a lawyer there, Tell's me taint worth a crock of da let alone do. And like you they go national and regional elsewhere. And he's a god forsaken and sworn liberal.......LOL.

I swear Red before they hang me or I die on the barricades I must go east once last time.Thumbs Up

S. T. Friedman

Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2012 at 03:01
I do some online - Washington Post, bg.news, 24 chasa, BBC news, RIA novosti, Al Jazira, Nova Makedonja. I read world news, trying to find the same event in more than one newspaper, so I can compare and cancel them mutually; some local news on level country, but not on level town or county.
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2012 at 03:16
Originally posted by Don Quixote

I do some online - Washington Post, bg.news, 24 chasa, BBC news, RIA novosti, Al Jazira, Nova Makedonja. I read world news, trying to find the same event in more than one newspaper, so I can compare and cancel them mutually; some local news on level country, but not on level town or county.

Just checked it out..cant read a damn thing tho looks like Apache......LOL
I got translate..so will check it. Thxs DQ..and I encourage others to submit theirs... national or other so we might learn a little more about each other. Why?

''For the Sword is your last recall. Let our words and speech as friends! defeat the sword and find peace...but.... and I.... stand as a Captain for peace..you not do wish for me to draw my sword. For many years, as the Dryiad Queen knows...I am man of war. And you will lose.... less you have my heart.

Wulfhere Ironbrand
Chp2.  The Cauldron

S. T. Friedman

Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2012 at 03:31
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

[QUOTE=Don Quixote]
Just checked it out..cant read a damn thing tho looks like Apache......LOL

LOL It uses Cyrilic, like Russian and Bulgarian, plus couple of other letters to bring out the musicality in the language.

The bolded part was very beautiful and poetic, thanks for sharing!Smile
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2012 at 05:39
I do not read newspapers now, if I can help it, in the physical form I mean. I hardly read on line newspapers now either, well apart from the odd title and the first couple of lines of a story I might post on the science, archaeology, or anthropology threads.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2012 at 12:01
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

Red, ole pard the Philly In. was once a great paper......one of my old Army buddy's, now a lawyer there, Tell's me taint worth a crock of da let alone do. And like you they go national and regional elsewhere. And he's a god forsaken and sworn liberal.......LOL.

I swear Red before they hang me or I die on the barricades I must go east once last time.Thumbs Up

Things change.  The Inquirer is still the best in the region, not what it once was, but considering the "Daily News" is your next option, it'll do.

Actually, the Courier Post is the one that has lost some of it's luster.  It was, at one time listed with the NYT and the now vanished Phila. "Evening Bulletin" as one of the top ten in the country.

I also peek at the Hazelton/Allentown Times now and again.  A kid who worked for me pushing a lawnmower about 20 years back, is now the owner and publisher, go figure.

As for coming East, that must be something you old Cav. guys do.  I have a cousin that is coming out from Arizona next week.  He's a retired  Lt. Col. Cavalry.  We've never met, only over the phone.  Until last year he didn't know he had family in this region.

So put this in your mem. banks, we have an extra bunk.Big smile Just give us a few days notice.

Post Reply Post Reply