Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turan Federation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
erdal tigin View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote erdal tigin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turan Federation
    Posted: 03-May-2005 at 11:02

I think the time has come to begin to form  a united Turkic Federation composed of Turkic States.

First of all economic and cultural ties should strenghten and then studies should be carried out to deveolop a Turkic Union like  Europian Union.

Then there comes the glourios Turan Federation .

Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 12:51
  I've been waiting for that day for as long as I can remember, but I don't see it happening any day soon.  Hopefully in my life time.  What do you think should be done about the language?  Even though most of us can understand one another there's still too many differences to use just one of them for the whole union/nation.  I was thinking to do what India does.  Most states have their own local languages, most totaly different from one another.  At the same time they have a national language which is used to communicate throughout the entire nation.  I think this would be easier in our situation since our dialects are a lot closer to one another than Indias.
Snafu View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Snafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 13:53
You can call it Turkapalooza!
Kuu-ukko View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kuu-ukko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 15:05

What would the flag look like? The Federation wouldn't include Mongol & Tungus people, would it?

Edited by Kuu-ukko
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 15:22

The flag?  No idea, I would include the Mongols, but would the Mongols want to join?  The Tungus?  I don't think there's enough of them.

AyKurt View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote AyKurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 17:03
Also there is no Tunguz state for them to join. 
Relaistically i dont see this happening although i think it is very likely for the Central Asian republics to form a federation.  However local dictators might not agree.  Fortunately it seems like they might not last for much longer after the revolution in Kyrgyzstan.
As for the language, i think the central asian republics are close enough for them to understand one another, i cant remember where i read it but i remember Nursultan Nazarbayev the president of Kazakhstan once remarked that the Kazakhs and Uzbeks speak the same language.  Kyrgyz is even closer to Kazakh than Uzbek is.
I think the best solution would be to have a standardised official language for administrative and national issues and regional dialects for regional affairs and for education.

As for Turkey, i think the most realistic Union for her would be one with Azerbaijan.  In an Oguz Union.  Oguzeli.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 18:29
What about Tatarstan?
AyKurt View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote AyKurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 20:41
Well Tatarstan is not an independent state therefore it cant really join a union unless it seceded from the RF.
I think for Tatarstan should look towards forming closer ties with the Turkic regions in the Volga-Ural region.
First of Tatarstan is only a part of the Tatar homeland, it comprises basically the City of Kazan region.  More Tatars live outside of Tatarstan than inside.  Tatars should look towards trying to preserve and enhance their identity outside of Tatarstan in historically tatar lands.

There has been talk of trying to merge some Russian regions and it was proposed that Chuvashia merge with Ulyanovsk region.  However this was opposed by the Chuvash because of fears they may lose alot of their powers as an autonomous republic.  Historically Ulyanovsk was a Chuvash region and the first Chuvash autonomy uncluded it.

I think the 3 Turkic Autonomous Republics should merge.  Bashkortostan, Chuvashia and Tatarstan.
This merger shoudl also include other regions which historically were tatar, Chuvash and Bashkir lands.
20% of Ulyanovsks population are Tatars and Chuvash.
16% of Orenburg (historically Bashkir and Kazakh) population are Tatars Bashkirs, Kazakhs and Chuvash.
8% of Samarans are Tatar and Chuvash and 12% of Chelyabinsk's population are Tatars and Bashkirs.
Although in these Russian regions the Turkic peoples are now a minority, they are large minorities and they are also historically Turkic lands.
Ultimately i think creating an Autonomous Region in the Volga would be the ideal for the Turkic peoples there and a constitution which would inshrine the rights of the indigenous languages would be the best option for them.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 04:17

Originally posted by erdal tigin

I think the time has come to begin to form  a united Turkic Federation composed of Turkic States.

Ozal tried this, but failed woefully when he couldn't deliver what he promished (mainly financial support and ties to the west).

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
erdal tigin View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote erdal tigin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 06:23

It will be a hard and long way to form such a Turkic union.From my point of wiev it wont be possible before 30 -40 years .I think  before politcal and geographical unification an economical and trade pact would be useful.  Economic and culturel ties  will be the catalysor  solving the problems between the Turkic states. Universities and student transfers and the communacition and transportion developments will strenghten the ties.

Perpahs the seeds of the of the federation can be planted by merging states two by two.For example Turkey and Azerbeijcan can form a federation  while Kazakhistan and Uzbekistan can do the same .After some years Turkmenistan can merge with  1st  and Krygizistan merge the latter.And then  the two feds can merge.This could be a solution

Kuu-ukko View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kuu-ukko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 07:40
I once went to see a Tatar folkmusic concert, and it was bewildering! I was fascinated!  There was this Crimean Tatar Enver Izmailov, he was awesome. Then there was Aidar Feyzerahmanov Ensemble, that danced and played beautifully. Coo....... My favourite was a dance called Kubyzly bij, where they played a kobza, a harp held in the mouth. *Just passing by.....*

Feramez, why would the Mongols and Tungus be included? They don't belong to the same language family, or he same exact gene pool, do they? What would be the motive then?

AyKurt, has the merging happened in Chuvash? The same problem is facing the Mari, former name Cheremish(a Finno-Ugric tribe living in the Volga region). Sad, people being percecuted because of who they are....

Thank you and goodbye.

Edited by Kuu-ukko
Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 10:01

Wrong place for thse posts.

Guys you should speak these in History Role Forum.

OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 12:20
A Pan-Turkic union would be great. Not to sure about the union including Tungus and Hus though. The should Turkistan. The Turkey flag would be best as the red represents Turkish blood, doubt other Turkic peoples would be pleased with that. So a flag with a moon and a star with any of the folowing colours red, green, white or blue as they all have conections with Turks
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 13:10

I don't think this is a good idea. Why should we in Turkey, an aspiring democracy, form a union with the dictatorships of Central Asia? Only thing we have in common is language. Even the EU is better.

A Turkic Federation is politically impossible anyway. Turanism is nothing but a nationalist wet-dream, and it will stay that way.

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 14:02
I disagree.Why shouldn't countries help each other?
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 14:05
federation is diffrent,i know,but it will be helpful
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 15:45

Originally posted by OSMANLI

A Pan-Turkic union would be great. Not to sure about the union including Tungus and Hus though. The should Turkistan. The Turkey flag would be best as the red represents Turkish blood, doubt other Turkic peoples would be pleased with that. So a flag with a moon and a star with any of the folowing colours red, green, white or blue as they all have conections with Turks

In fact, the red color represents west, and western Turks. Sku blue reprsents east, and all Turks. So sky blue will be a more suitable color for such a flag. Green has no connection to Turks, but Islam.

I think Mongols and Tungus shouldnt be included in such a union, and neither they would accept it, at least Russia wouldnt.

AyKurt View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote AyKurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 09:53

Bakiyev: Turkic World should Come Together

After sending a delegation to Kyrgyzstan following the 'velvet revolution' in March, Turkey has made a new start in bilateral relations and today will be represented in Bishkek at the top-level.

Before Turkish Foreign Minister Abdullah Gul's visit, Kyrgyzstan's Temporary President and Prime Minister Kurmanbek Bakiyev told Zaman about the importance of unity and integration of the Turkic world and emphasized that relations between brother countries should be further developed. The Kyrgyz leader noted that they gave huge importance to Gul's visit and he wants to visit Turkey as soon as possible. "Our language, religion and history are one. We need to perpetuate our close ties as brother and friend countries," Bakivey said.

Bakiyev insisted that the "velvet revolution" had no external links and the force behind the "Kyrgyz style" surprise revolution was the "people" so he does not expect a government change on March 24. He pointed out that ousted leader Askar Akayev's immediate evacuation of the country facilitated the revolution. He said that Kyrgyzstan must now make great efforts not to repeat the mistakes of the overthrown government and that the critical presidential elections of July 10 should be held in a just, transparent and democratic atmosphere. Being one of the most powerful two candidates to compete in the presidential race, Bakiyev told Zaman that Kyrgyzstan's unity, prosperity and stability are the priorities.

Bakiyev notes that as a new administration, they give big importance to relations with their neighbors and he fully supports Kazakhstan President Nursultan Nazarbayev's proposal for a "Commonwealth of Central Asia" within this framework. Unlike Ukraine and Georgia, they had not received financial support from any power or states, Bakiyev went on, saying, "The revolution in Kyrgyzstan was a Kyrgyz style revolution unlike the rose or orange revolutions. The revolution was financed by no one. It was made by the people, who were reacting against the former administration," and referred to the people as the real heroes of the revolution. Noting that they were proud that they had brought freedoms of press and speech to the country after the revolution; however, Bakiyev said they were unhappy about the lootings and are working to ensure stability and peace. The Kyrgyz leader concluded that they had made big steps to overcome the "insecure" atmosphere in the country after the revolution.

Mustafa Baskurt, Atif Ala
Bishkek
http://www.zaman.com/?bl=international&alt=&hn=19172

AyKurt View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote AyKurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 12:28
Originally posted by Kuu-ukko

AyKurt, has the merging happened in Chuvash? The same problem is facing the Mari, former name Cheremish(a Finno-Ugric tribe living in the Volga region). Sad, people being percecuted because of who they are....

Thank you and goodbye.

No Chuvashia has not merged with any region yet.  However there are plans to merge some regions already.  It seems like there has to be a referendum first.  Some regions in Siberia have already started plans to merge.

FAR EAST REGIONS TAKE FIRST STEP TOWARD MERGER
Kamchatka Oblast Governor Mikhail Mashkovtsev and Koryak Autonomous Okrug Governor Oleg Kozhemyako on 5 May signed a protocol on merging their two subjects of the federation, ITAR-TASS reported. The speakers of both regions' legislatures also signed the documents, the news agency reported. Officials said that the proposed merger would allow the two regions to pursue a common economic-development policy and "considerably enhance the gross regional product and increase the volume of industrial production," according to an unnamed Kamchatka Oblast official. Referendums on the proposed merger could be scheduled for October, the news agency reported. RC

http://www.rferl.org/newsline/2005/05/1-RUS/rus-060505.asp

SIBERIAN TERRITORIES VOTE TO MERGE
Referendums on merging the Taimyr and Evenk autonomous okrugs with Krasnoyarsk Krai were held in all three regions on 17 April and all three were declared valid, Russian media reported. According to preliminary results reported by RIA-Novosti, voters in all three regions voted overwhelmingly in favor of the unification proposal. In Taimyr, nearly 70 percent of voters favored the merger, while 29.1 percent voted against. In Evenk, the vote was 79 percent in favor and 20 percent opposed, while in Krasnoyarsk Krai, 92.25 voted in favor and just 7.18 percent were opposed. According to Interfax, now that the referendums have passed, the three territories will be formally merged on 1 January 2007, at which point the administrations of the autonomous okrugs will be dissolved and a new governor selected for the combined territory. In September or October 2007, elections will be held for a unified regional legislature. Federation Council member Mikhail Odintsov, who represents the Evenk legislature, said that the regions will continue to have six representatives in the Federation Council until the end of 2007. RC
http://www.rferl.org/newsline/2005/04/1-RUS/rus-180405.asp

There are also plans to merge Adygya with the Krasnodar Province, theres huge opposition to this from Adygya.

Russian Republics Oppose Larger Regions

The Russian authorities' campaign to enlarge the regions has come under threat, as a few regional leaders have started energetically resisting plans to merge their regions with neighboring territories, writes Izvestia.

The federal center is now discussing merging several regions, including the Adygea republic with the Krasnodar territory (south); Karelia with the Murmansk region (northwest); the Nenets autonomous area with the Arkhangelsk region (north); and Kuzbass with the Altai territory and the Altai republic in southern Siberia (southern Siberia).

Adygea has reacted to the merger idea most painfully. President of Adygea Khazret Sovmen has said it is a political provocation that could lead to negative consequences given the socio-political situation in the North Caucasus remains complicated. Local public organizations are already preparing protests, claiming that the merger will fuel social tensions and extremism.

Karelia believes that the projected merger with the Murmansk region will eventually deprive the republic's small ethnic groups (the Karels, Veps and Finns), of their unique national identities. Anatoly Grigoryev, head of the Karelian Congress public organization, believes Karelian culture will be destroyed. Consequently, national Karelian districts would have no alternative but to join Finland.

However, some people disagree. Anatoly Tsygankov, chief of Karelia's center of political and social studies, says the ethnic factor may be artificially linked with regional mergers. For instance, Karelia is a national republic only due to Soviet traditions. In reality, though, its residents do not consider themselves to be a unique ethnic community. The ethnic factor is important in other Russian territories where powerful ethnic communities live, notably in the south, and is fraught with serious conflicts. However, the "erosion" of ethnic groups would not cause conflicts during regional mergers. On the contrary, the expert says, this only threatens their comfortable and relatively secluded existence.
http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20050420/39709550.html

Edited by AyKurt
 Post Reply Post Reply