Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Norwegian Crusade 10/10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alcebiades View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alcebiades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Norwegian Crusade 10/10
    Posted: 05-Jul-2012 at 18:49
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_Crusade

It was pretty much a viking raid sanctioned by Jesus Christ, with the Norwegian king cruising around the Mediterranean kicking muslim, orthodox and catholic ass alike, not losing a single battle, and amassing a huge fortune on the process.

HO-HO-HO-HO-HO!!!!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2012 at 19:51
Sigurd sounds just as badass as his ancestor Hardraada. During his reign Norway entered a golden age, but his inability to provide an heir resulted in civil war after his death
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2012 at 01:55
Quite an impressive little tale.
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2012 at 03:23
I don't recall anywhere in the extant sources dealing with him; that Christ sanctioned the action...but wait he was dead so that cant apply. The op must have meant sanctioned 'in his name'...which is an entirely different rat to skin. Nothing new really.... many such have been sanctioned, throughout history, in various names and regions for essentially the same reasons.

However the rest is accurate.....they did deliver a severe ass whupping on their opposition.

Wonder if the Norski's still choke up in pride?

Nah.

otoh...maybe.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2012 at 14:10
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

l don't recall anywhere in the extant sources dealing with him; that Christ sanctioned the action..

A rare occasion me and CV agree. While I'm not a follower of JC I do agree he was a proto leftie hippy, would have protested any war and redistributed the wealth.
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
 Post Reply Post Reply