Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Weather Where You Are

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
TITAN_ View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TITAN_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weather Where You Are
    Posted: 20-Jul-2012 at 12:36
This summer, temperature did not exceed 43 C around here.... That's something.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2012 at 14:08
I don't mind heat, what I do mind is the up and down stuff, yesterday it was 90F, the day before it was 100F, today at 2 pm it's 68F.  It's a wonder my teeth don't crack. 
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2012 at 14:25
Last week quite hot 43C (110F), this week freezing 29C (85F) it's the changeability I hate, you get used to being hot, then it gets cold; you get used to the cold it gets hot.

Edited by Toltec - 20-Jul-2012 at 14:26
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
benzin View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote benzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2012 at 15:54
Id hang up myself if it would be over 40C in the house at summer with no air conditioning. How can people stand this heat I always wondered.
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2012 at 00:16
Hot and humid.  90 - 100+ F, with just enough rain to make it miserable when the average humidity here is 20% or less.  Now we have mosquitos and West Nile virus in the state, pneumonic plague among the squirrels in the state parks and Hanta Virus in the Southeast part of the state.

It's a great year if you're a lab rat.  Cool
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2012 at 01:34
Which state are you in, Mountain Man, if it's nt a secret?

Hot and sticky on the Black Sea, hard to make it in the afternoon hours, I go swimming in the evening.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2012 at 03:25
Last night good rain the Shamen were chanting their ass's off. Today hotter then purgatory....and I still smell like I been vacing cows. Which mean the brother's have the day off.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2012 at 04:50
42 Celsius and more in shadow...Hell on Earth is coming now and school year starts one week from now.Dead

Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2012 at 07:19
That's to better prepare you for the school year, Master of Meanings - if you survive now, you'll survive then and there tooSmile
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2012 at 07:22
Encourager's words calms me down!High Don,it's little bit better today=bellow 40!Smile
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2012 at 15:48
Hot and sunny the last two days, hovering around 100 F.  Wants to rain in the afternoon, but just gets muggy and sticky.

Temp out back right now (1347 MST) is 111.3 F...Ouch

So much for blocking up the storage trailer this afternoon!  Shocked
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2012 at 15:49
Originally posted by Don Quixote

Hot and sticky on the Black Sea, hard to make it in the afternoon hours, I go swimming in the evening.

Colorado, at 7,000 feet altitude.  If you're looking at a map, mid-way between Canon City and Florence, Colorado.
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2012 at 15:01
Colorado, a state of stark beauty, contrasted nature and brave souls to live there. I had passed throgh it several times.

The last 2 days were mighty windy so I had to wait for the security of the beach to leave so I can swim under the forbidden flag; but I have only a month or so of swimable sea so I cannot affrd missing swimming days. Otherwise is hot, 29-30C/96-100F again and even the wind was hot - messes up your head.

Edited by Don Quixote - 29-Aug-2012 at 16:03
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2012 at 15:57
The weather here, "Joisey" is going into the fall mode already.  Last week the low was in the low 80's [F] today, the highs are in the low 80's.  I have had to put the Solar cover over the pool to keep from losing the heat overnight.  2 weeks ahead of other years. 

The pool wasn't my idea btw.  My late mother-inlaw had it installed.  Swimming is something you do to stay alive after you've fallen out of the boat.Big smile
On things like this I go by my grandfather's assessment,  "If a man has a swimming pool, an internal combustion engine and a wife, he has all the problems a man can humanly handle".  LOLBig smile

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2012 at 16:16
Originally posted by Mountain Man

Originally posted by Don Quixote

Colorado, at 7,000 feet altitude.  If you're looking at a map, mid-way between Canon City and Florence, Colorado.

There are only 5 states I have not been to, Alaska, Hawaii, Wyoming, Arizona and Colorado.  The first 3 I really have no over-riding desire to see.  Arizona is on my list because I just found out I have a bunch of Family there.  Likewise Colorado.  We're planning a trip out there this spring, one of my cousins is editor and publisher of a newspaper, somewhere in the western part of the state.[Colorado]   

General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2012 at 17:00
Mostly sunny, partly cloudy, windy, temp 102.4F
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2012 at 01:39
Originally posted by red clay

There are only 5 states I have not been to, Alaska, Hawaii, Wyoming, Arizona and Colorado.  The first 3 I really have no over-riding desire to see.  Arizona is on my list because I just found out I have a bunch of Family there.  Likewise Colorado.  We're planning a trip out there this spring, one of my cousins is editor and publisher of a newspaper, somewhere in the western part of the state.[Colorado]   

[/QUOTE]
Wyoming is IMHO the most miserable state ever - wild, cold, small towns only - nothing of size - mining landscapes. Arizona is nothing interesting, dry as a bone; Colorado is fine to pass through, but I wouldn't live there. I'm not a west-state-lover, btw, I like the east better, but due to family reasons had to go west.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2012 at 02:20
Clear right now.....high for today 90F. Small cold front moving thru.....hotter by the weekend in low 100's; humidity is low which is bad for fire fighters. Junkies, dopers and drunks falling out all over from heat exhaustion...malnutrition and immune deficiency diseases.
No AC under the bridges or in the alleys ya see.Wink

Darwin may have been right after all.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2012 at 18:55
Clear, breezy, 104F at 1656 MST.
JohnAshtone View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote JohnAshtone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2012 at 15:58
England, so the usual now the Olympics have ended.

Cool  11.5 Celsius and intermitent wet, it was around 15 c earlier in the day.

I hope I am not treading on Moutain Man's toes with my Sig, this is my first post and I will change if Mountain man feels I should for courtesy.

Quis Custodiet ipsos custodes, Juvenal. Or as George Smiley would say ~Who will Guard the Guardians~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>