Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iran executes child for "acts incompatible with chastity"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iran executes child for "acts incompatible with chastity"
    Posted: 26-Aug-2004 at 00:59

It is not strange thing and no one will be surprised in Iran, if you say that Mullahs executed a child, however as I saw in a newspaper, this girl was really beautiful!

source

Amnesty International has issued a sharp rebuke to Iran for what it says was the judicial execution of a 16-year-old girl for "acts incompatible with chastity."
As a party to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, Iran is bound not to execute child offenders. Both treaties provide that capital punishment shall not be imposed for offences committed by persons under 18 year of age at the time of committing the offence.
But Ateqeh Rajabi was the tenth child executed by the Islamic state since 1990, according to AI.
More, the human rights watchdog says, it appears the girl never had access to legal representation at any time following her arrest.
AI says the execution was carried out despite reports that Ateqeh Rajabi was not believed to be mentally competent, either at the time of the alleged "crime" or during her trial proceedings.
The organisation has called for Iran to pass legislation removing provision for the execution of child offenders, thereby preventing further execution of child offenders, and bringing Iran into line with its obligations under international law.
Further, the organization is urging authorities to clarify whether Ateqel Rajabi had legal representation and whether a legally approved doctor deemed her psychologically fit to stand trial.
"During her trial, at which she was reportedly not represented by a lawyer, the judge allegedly severely criticised her dress, harshly reprimanding her," AI reports.
The sentencing judge also served as executioner, AI reports.
She was sentenced to death approximately three months ago, by a lower court in Neka in the northern Iranian province of Mazandaran.
The case reportedly attracted the attention of the Head of the Judiciary for the Mazandaran province, who ensured that the case was heard by the Supreme Court. In Iran, all death sentences have to be upheld by the Supreme Court before they can be implemented, AI reports.
The death sentence was upheld by the Supreme Court, and Ateqeh Rajabi was publicly hanged in the city centre of Neka on 15 August.
Her co-defendant in the transgression, an unnamed man, was reportedly sentenced to 100 lashes. He was released after this sentence was carried out.
Although the girl's national identification card stated that she was 16 years old, the Mazandaran Judiciary announced at her execution that her age was 22.

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2004 at 01:05

It really sucks !

Its like to have the Inquisition back

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2004 at 01:44
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

It is not strange thing and no one will be surprised in Iran, if you say that Mullahs executed a child, however as I saw in a newspaper, this girl was really beautiful!

Glad to her some of her young countrymen are as disgusted as I am. I truly hope you will be able to change your country in the next generation.

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2004 at 02:07
The also let a man who killed his wife in court walk free, recently too.
Far out legal system over there
Arrrgh!!"
warlord View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote warlord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2004 at 02:30
May Bush win in November!
Rebelsoul View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Rebelsoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2004 at 03:42

Goodness, this is absurd, gross and terrifying... I am disgusted

I think the Iranian people should start taking things into their own hands... for if they don't, they'll probably get invaded by Shrubya the Dumb and his Unholy Crusading Chickenhawks... and then, the body count won't be one execution every month, but one every minute (see Natzaf)

Edited by Rebelsoul
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2004 at 07:13

Originally posted by warlord

I hope too, these Mullahs are not as cruel as Saddam and Taliban who were destryed by Bush the Great!

Rebelsoul View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Rebelsoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2004 at 07:29
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

I hope too, these Mullahs are not as cruel as Saddam and Taliban who were destryed by Bush the Great!

May I suggest professional help? May be too late for you, but you never know

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2004 at 09:17
disgusting

Her co-defendant in the transgression, an unnamed man, was reportedly sentenced to 100 lashes. He was released after this sentence was carried out.

This is always the weirdest part of such causes. The woman is executed, stoned or given another disgusting penalty, while the man gets a 'light' penalty or no penalty at all.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2004 at 12:22
Islam the religon of.....peace
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
John Doe View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote John Doe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2004 at 17:42
terrible  
warlord View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote warlord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2004 at 03:27

Save that help for yourself.

After Bush loses in November, all of America will need professional help.

ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ihsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2004 at 14:07
Those Mullahs are criminals.
[IMG]http://img50.exs.cx/img50/6148/ger3.jpg">

Qaghan of the Vast Steppes

Steppes History Forum
Ptolemy View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Ptolemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2004 at 23:59
I have a question, is it considered possible that the reformers can still gain a victory with the current Iranian 'democracy', or do they need a more forceful approach.
Roughneck View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Roughneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2004 at 00:25
Well if the mullahs keep trying to clamp down on a population that is close to 50% youth and impose policies that they don't like, the whole thing is gonna blow up in their face pretty soon I would think.
[IMG]http://img160.exs.cx/img160/7417/14678932fstore0pc.jpg">
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2004 at 01:22

Save that help for yourself.

After Bush loses in November, all of America will need professional help.

If Bush wins in November, i think the rest of the world will need professional help. The man is a moron who cant even speak proper English, and loves to send his Nintendo pilots out to have a fun time bombing people. And the situation at home isnt great, the economy sucks. Hes filling his pockets. One word: Halliburton.

Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2004 at 01:35

I heard the latest news, the mullahs have collected all female clothing they found too daunting, including "shape-revealing coats". Don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Cornellia View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Cornellia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2004 at 07:16

Styrbiorn, I'd cry for the women......

Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2004 at 10:46

Originally posted by Ptolemy

I have a question, is it considered possible that the reformers can still gain a victory with the current Iranian 'democracy', or do they need a more forceful approach.

What would happen if they win? isn't Khatami the head of the reformists? as he himself has said many times, he is just a puppet in this regime not a president!

Post Reply Post Reply